Lag and disconnection all day!

I am curious if anyone is having this problem. All day today it has been nothing but lag waiting for commands to go through and if it takes too long I'll get disconnected. I troubleshooted everything, it is not my internet or computer. My internet pertaining to everything else is running fine (including other games), I've connected to both mudlet and html with the same results of lag, slow to respond to commands and finally d/c and I even switched onto my laptop to make sure it is not my computer (which is a fresh windows reformat that I hardly ever use)....I'm thinking it is the server or ports my area is using? I am in New England region of the U.S. Is anyone else having problems? It's quite frustrating as I was fine all morning and was playing, hunting with no issues up until probably 1pm EST. It is now 730pm and still unplayable for me.

Thanks for any suggestions.
"Kit always gets blood everywhere."
Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

Comments

• yes I logged in a little before work and it happened to me just before I left at 2, and now I'm home and it lags out on login.. wtf
  • @Tecton fix it please
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Not having any issues on my end, could be a congested route between you and Achaea's servers? Try running a traceroute to achaea.com and seeing if there's a hop that appears to be laggy/lossy?

• Tecton said:
    Not having any issues on my end, could be a congested route between you and Achaea's servers? Try running a traceroute to achaea.com and seeing if there's a hop that appears to be laggy/lossy?

it is. I think it's between comcast boston and the hand off to Servernap.net
  • Thankfully it is fine today, it may be that though @Morthif as I am in CT and also have comcast. I'm sure it's going in the same direction as yours.
    "Kit always gets blood everywhere."
    Medi says, "If kit says to show up somewhere, bring an apron."
    Medi says, "Rule of thumb."

• yes all better here as of early this afternoon