Do you like extended communication?

Comments

• @Tecton listened to you guys, and there's a new command find peace and quiet from everyone in Achaea without feeling like you're blowing people off.

SYNTAX - QQ

• Said this in the other thread, but in a time when getting people to step up and take on leadership roles, when I could not talk to people wherever, I was torn between the job I am supposed to do, and the fun I want to go have. I think for many players they feel bad if they are not around to do their jobs, help people and the like, when tells and communication can make that simpler.

That said I wouldn't care if there was a config setting, so that people could turn it off like good ole commscreen.
  • Jiraishin said:
    It's not hard to say, but it doesn't solve the majority of my problems. It won't restore the solitary atmosphere of exploring, and it won't make it easier to tell if someone is watching me or keep my contact's Housemates/citymates/friends from questioning their whereabouts.
    ship commscreen raise

This even hides you on HT and CT from people also on ships. Yes, you'll still hear those people, but it's considerably less noisy and distracting
  • @Skye Where the giraffes are and the zeeebraaaaas.
  • Mannimar said:
    Jiraishin said:
    It's not hard to say, but it doesn't solve the majority of my problems. It won't restore the solitary atmosphere of exploring, and it won't make it easier to tell if someone is watching me or keep my contact's Housemates/citymates/friends from questioning their whereabouts.
    ship commscreen raise

This even hides you on HT and CT from people also on ships. Yes, you'll still hear those people, but it's considerably less noisy and distracting
    While that's true, it also forces you to stay on your ship the whole time. It's not really the same as going offplane and hunting somewhere or actually exploring an island, etc.

• I enjoyed going off plane because I got to be left alone. Now with the new communication, I not can't tell who's in my hunting area (if I should hide or leave because it would be a waste of time ie Ulangi), or not annoy people about the fact I'm off plane and therefore can't induct/re-title/do fills/insert 10th request here for some errand.

Only real advantage is if there's a raid then at least I can keep tabs on what's going on, not that I can make it back in time to help…
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    edited December 2012
    I really enjoyed the silence when on islands. I sail out sometimes back then because I wanted a bit of tranquility and peace and time away from the main continent to think or do my own stuff. Now I'm unable to get it unless I stay on a ship or hide in a bed and it makes me moody.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Wysteria said:
    I enjoyed going off plane because I got to be left alone. Now with the new communication, I not can't tell who's in my hunting area (if I should hide or leave because it would be a waste of time ie Ulangi), or not annoy people about the fact I'm off plane and therefore can't induct/re-title/do fills/insert 10th request here for some errand.

Only real advantage is if there's a raid then at least I can keep tabs on what's going on, not that I can make it back in time to help…
    You can see who's on the same island by checking WHO B and seeing who comes up on thirdeye.
  • @Eld yeah I know. My laziness just had me become reliant on doing:

• *QW*
    • "Oh look only me, some novice and Phaestus (it's always Phaestus), moving right along."
    • *goes about business*
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• @Eld, I didn't know that.  Thanks.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Thanks, Eld. I'm okay with the extended communication thing, but then Shera is HoN, so she really finds it convenient. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• It is really convenient, and overall I love the change. But there are some major downsides, so making the old isolation an option is pretty important in my opinion.
  • Can't you just go off plane as opposed to off continent for alone time/secret meetings.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• @Zeon that would assume a person has the mode of transportation.  That's a really challenging feat for those of us that do not yet know how to sail.
  • edited December 2012
    @Idelisa I can't think of any offplane locations that can be reached by sailing.

There aren't a lot of choices for offplane meetings though, and offplane actually tends to be more populated than many off-continent areas, since most of them (bopalopia, underworld, annwyn) are common bashing areas.

And if you're actually trying to avoid someone who's looking for you, being offplane can make you even easier to find despite (or because of) not being visible.
  • LothienLothien Montréal, Québec
    Maybe something in the HWHO/CWHO/CLWHO that says 'off-continent'?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited December 2012
    Zeon said:
    Can't you just go off plane as opposed to off continent for alone time/secret meetings.
    It's just not the same. :C I don't want to hold a secret meeting in Bopalopia.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    Zeon said:
    Can't you just go off plane as opposed to off continent for alone time/secret meetings.
    It's just not the same. :C I don't want to hold a secret meeting in Bopalopia.
    Can hold them on ships. Comm screen and such. Just need someone with enough knowledge to raise it.
  • @Kaden you're not helping.  Go away.  >:P
  • @Kaden also need to have a ship you can give boarding privs on, and be able to raise commscreen.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • So what would be a viable solution to suggest?  An extension to the trait as mentioned by @Eilona?

Perhaps a change to Silenceon?  

Something else entirely?
  • The trait would be nice.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • A Hermit trait?  I'd totally respec for that. 
  • Bring us the traaaait
  • Verrucht said:
    I was actually in between the last two options. But then I realized those damn kids are ALWAYS ON MY FREAKING LAWN.
    Cyrene showing. And we all know cyrene has law "turning ct off is disrespectful"