Runewarden or Paladin?

edited August 2015 in North of Thera
I'm currently torn between to classes. Which one has the most potential. I'm currently a Runewarden, but interested in Paladin as well.

Pros and cons to each? Hunting? Player versus player? Cost? Difficulty?

Is it worth the switch from Runewarden to Paladin? I don't know much about the game yet so trying to be smart about switching. I was told the forums are the place to go for some good help

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Imo really depends on what spec you want to go. If youre set on two hander i think youd be crazy not to go paladin. Otherwise i love runie for the flexibility in rp and the faster ttk that runeblades give you. 

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    Imo really depends on what spec you want to go. If youre set on two hander i think youd be crazy not to go paladin. Otherwise i love runie for the flexibility in rp and the faster ttk that runeblades give you. 
    ttk?
  • I'm Sword and Shield if that helps
  • You have to be Targossian or a Good rogue to go Pallie, so it depends on whether you want to be beholden to Good to keep your devotion skill or not, really. If you already knew that, ignore me, I just saw you're Eleusian.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Aesgar said:
    I'm Sword and Shield if that helps
    Runie, no contest. Runeblades ad 10% maxhealth to SnBs already potent finishing setup

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • SnB Paladin can Damnation really well, unartied.

Runewarden will depend on straight damage kills or torso Disembowels (which requires STR arties at mid-to-high tier in PvP.)

Paladin has lots more utility imo than Runewarden with Hands, Piety, Deliver to name a few.

Runewarden has runes which are invaluable both for the person runes and the in-room runes.

Just depends what you're looking for really.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'd recommend Runewarden for someone starting out, because of its comparative simplicity.

Once you get into the combat scene, Paladin pretty much blows it out of the water.

For bashing, both are amazing, so go for style. Targossas is the best city to be in for bashing, because they can stack Runes, Blessings and Toughness on any class.
  • If you're joining Targossas you'll pretty much be spoiled absolutely rotten if you can prop a totem. 

i'm a rebel

• I have an alt, he's a runie. 

If we ever get multiclass (insert obligatory passive agressive comment for @Tecton  :P ) then my second class will be runie. 
  • Tekk said:
    I have an alt, he's a runie. 

If we ever get multiclass (insert obligatory passive agressive comment for @Tecton  :P ) then my second class will be runie. 
    @Tecton x2 yeah I am waiting for multi-class. Literally saved $$$$ for Gem, Traits reset, credits for lessons and class specific arties. URGE POKE @Tecton. TAP...
  • Tesha said:
    If you're joining Targossas you'll pretty much be spoiled absolutely rotten if you can prop a totem. 
    Good to know
  • I would go paladin over rune warden purely because of damnation, it opens up a lot more options than just straight DSB (which can be tanked)
  • I'd go Paladin over Runewarden because it's just a lot more badass. Runes are boring, Devotion is awesome.

Though if you're not willing to move to Targossas, it's all a bit irrelevant. Paladin isn't an option anywhere else.
  • SnB paladin's damnation is RNG based(kelp stack) but still really straightforward and reliable. Plus, it is very likely you'll be able to double leg/head(even if only one leg is necessary) prep if someone parries torso.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]