Ask your Producer: August 2015

Comments

• Bring back Shaitan
  • Mainly was fishing for a Babel cliffhanger.

Foiled.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • SarienoSarieno Spokane, WA
    In general, how do you feel about adding or modifying an existing class (or classes) to serve as factional classes for cities that don't currently have them, i.e. Hashan, Cyrene, and Ashtan? 

twitter - @spacemanreno
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sarieno said:
    In general, how do you feel about adding or modifying an existing class (or classes) to serve as factional classes for cities that don't currently have them, i.e. Hashan, Cyrene, and Ashtan? 
    I'm fairly certain that @Sarapis has stated that going forward factional classes are big no-gos.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Oh yeah - new globe contents soon?
  • Would it be possible  to put the forum navigation at the top of the page instead of at the bottom?  Thanks in advance...

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited August 2015
    Ahmet said:
    Sarieno said:
    I'm fairly certain that @Sarapis has stated that going forward factional classes are big no-gos.
    I think he means more of an RP change than an actual class. Such as:

Darkness comsumes you as you point an imperious finger at Deladan.

Kind of thing.

Edit: But less lame obviously. Also that is a Shaman curse message with Darkness comsumes at the beginning so there is no confusion.
  • Edit...Sorry or add navigation  to the top and leave the navigation at the bottom...

• BluefBluef Delos
    edited August 2015
    Achimrst said:
    Ahmet said:
    Sarieno said:

Kind of thing.

Edit: But less lame obviously. Also that is a Shaman curse message with Darkness comsumes at the beginning so there is no confusion.
    Stop taunting me with your attempts to get shaman turned into something dark (and Hashani)! You wound me, sir. 

Serious question for @Tecton: Rumour was that the Delosian houses would be opened up to every non-aligned class after the Renaissance. Is that still happening and if so will it have to wait until Ashtan's houses are consumed by molten lava or something?
  • I think pushing faction on Hashan would be good for them and it'd probably be good for Cyrene to have some ownership on neutrality
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited August 2015
    Bluef said:
    Achimrst said:
    Ahmet said:
    Sarieno said:

Leaves flutter in the wind as you point an imperious finger at Deladan.

Kind of thing.

Stop taunting me with your attempts to get shaman turned into something dark (and Hashani)! You wound me, sir. 

Serious question for @Tecton: Rumour was that the Delosian houses would be opened up to every non-aligned class after the Renaissance. Is that still happening and if so will it have to wait until Ashtan's houses are consumed by molten lava or something?
    ftfy

@Bluef

Edit: Also, I did the darkness because Sarieno is Hashani, I think. I'm like 76% sure.

• edited August 2015
    Rip said:
    Edit...Sorry or add navigation  to the top and leave the navigation at the bottom...
    Isn't there already navigation at the top? Look just above your avatar.

• Any plans on deleting occultist?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Kenway said:

Caspian.

ftfy
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Rispok said:
    Kenway said:

Agatheis.

ftfy
    ftfy
    Huh. Neat.
  • Probably has come up before, but what are the general dimensions of Sapience in miles/km . I am curious.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Austere said:
    Any second thoughts on reversing the policy of only Eleusis having access to the three forestal classes?  I feel like something could be done to not force people to choose between rogue and Eleusis..Just give us Sentinel.  It makes sense that a Sentinel could find their way into a city! 
    The first second this ever becomes an option, Targ gonna need a new Deacon. Will go Druid-Harbinger is a heartbeat.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Following multiclass, would a hypothetical (yeah, right) long-time sylvan with a personal policy against class changes be able to multiclass a city-friendly class and join a city? Besides Eleusis I mean.
  • edited August 2015
    Razzlo said:
    Probably has come up before, but what are the general dimensions of Sapience in miles/km . I am curious.
    Judging by ship speeds, each wilderness room would be about 54 square kilometres (a little under 21 square miles). That's with a lot of assumptions, like assuming that knots and nautical miles are the same in Achaea as in real life (and using Achaean hours in place of RL hours), that the wilderness map is to scale (it probably isn't), ignoring diagonal movement, and assuming that much care was given towards consistency.
  • Sena said:
    Razzlo said:
    Probably has come up before, but what are the general dimensions of Sapience in miles/km . I am curious.
    Judging by ship speeds, each wilderness room would be about 54 square kilometres (a little under 21 square miles). That's with a lot of assumptions, like assuming that knots and nautical miles are the same in Achaea as in real life (and using Achaean hours in place of RL hours), that the wilderness map is to scale (it probably isn't), ignoring diagonal movement, and assuming that much care was given towards consistency.
    Hmm, then the continent is much bigger than I expected...but it makes sense. It also makes the cities huge!
  • What's your opinion on the current relic system? Was it intended to have the same person hold 10/15 at one time for approximately >12 hours a day?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Zuko said:
    @Tecton What do you see as the most powerful classes right now in Achaea? 

Strongest city? 

Is the best RP still in Mhaldor, or Targossas?
    Powerful Classes: Hrrm, I think most classes are pretty balanced and each offer their own unique advantages, I wouldn't really put any too far above the others.

Strongest city: Any city Jhui is a member of, while holding the Staff ;)

RP: Actually really looking forward to seeing how the players run with all of the new changes in Hashan! I've got high hopes!
    Sarieno said:
    No plans to add more factional classes, no! While they're very thematic and cool, they're always problematic due to the restrictions based upon them.

Watchman said:
    Oh yeah - new globe contents soon?
    Yep, there will be a refresh around mid-month!

Bluef said:
    Achimrst said:
    Ahmet said:
    Sarieno said:

Kind of thing.

Still the plan, yes. We need to rewrite a bunch of the generic house induction stuff (Certimene), and we can't do that while he's still inducting city houses.

Razzlo said:
    Actually, never come up before, and I honestly have no idea, not something we've ever determined! 

Kez said:
    Following multiclass, would a hypothetical (yeah, right) long-time sylvan with a personal policy against class changes be able to multiclass a city-friendly class and join a city? Besides Eleusis I mean.
    If the city disallows one of your multiclass classes, you wouldn't be able to join, or in the case you're already a member, allow you to gain that class.

Tahquil said:
    What's your opinion on the current relic system? Was it intended to have the same person hold 10/15 at one time for approximately >12 hours a day?
    Not something I'm personally a fan of, no. There will probably be some tweaks and changes there in the future.
    Just a heads-up: I'll be wrapping this thread up in the next couple of hours, so get your questions in soon, if you've been holding on to them!
  • Aside from the much-beloved weather system, about how much of the code would you say is still a horrible sanity-sapping mass of tentacles and goto statements that you would love to rip out and bring some sort of order, good coding practices, and standards to?

And would you like to trade with all of the legacy systems I get to do this with every day?

Assuming all of this is not too private information, anyway.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
This discussion has been closed.