Dragon Artefacts

Do all artefacts work in dragonform?

What are the best ones for dragon hunting? Dragon combat?

Comments

• If you have a nt/collar/diadem you can use incant instead of gut. So one you're out of endurance you can switch to willpower
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited August 2015
    Even without collar/sash, incantation is good when you're out of endurance.  I try to burn most of my endurance down before switching to incantation, since I use so much in lesser. Gut seems to scale horrible off of strength.  Critical pendant is going to be your best bet for damage, regardless of what you use.  Assuming SoA already, I would recommend faster travel items (wings/warps). You already tank incredibly well in dragon.  

For combat, collar/sash to increase storm damage. Sip ring to make unartied kids who try to our damage you rage a little bit.  Buckawns is solid for any class.  

If you don't have a diadem, that should be your next purchase regardless. The ability to dragonflex or dragonheal after a gare pierce and before it clears is ridiculous. 
  • Gut used to scale horribly with strength because of diminishing returns, but now diminishing returns start at 18 for dragons, so +3 strength for a dragon is even more effective than +3 strength for a strength-specced non-dragon. Same for int with incantation.

• Diadem is pretty amazing for dragons.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Morthif said:
    If you have a nt/collar/diadem you can use incant instead of gut. So one you're out of endurance you can switch to willpower
    Perm ox and endurance ring for bashing with gut.

• edited August 2015
    I don't use ox, endurance ring is enough
  • I never run low on endurance with gut. My problem is wp drain due to clotting. 
  • With higher denizen health pools, and less frequent shielding, the endurance drain on dragon bashing may not be as bad as it was previously. Summoning breath weapon has a pretty hefty endurance cost of 100, if I recall correctly, so frequently using that would burn through endurance.
  • Antonius said:
    With higher denizen health pools, and less frequent shielding, the endurance drain on dragon bashing may not be as bad as it was previously. Summoning breath weapon has a pretty hefty endurance cost of 100, if I recall correctly, so frequently using that would burn through endurance.
    I hunt pretty much exclusively in dragonform (unless I'm just meandering about, at which point I'm lesserformed until I want to actually get dangerous), and I use the breath weapon maybe once in a blue moon. Damage on it is less, EQ time to recover is longer than gutting... it seems far simpler, and usually quicker because it has its own balance, to use the battlerage shieldbreak instead. I'm rarely hurting for rage to the point where I can't spare ~17 or so to break a shield (assuming I need to bother breaking it at all, because some denizens have an attack speed high enough that using a shield is pointless).

For reference, though it's anecdotal evidence only, a solid three or four hour non-stop bashing run for me (permanent ox and megalith, amulet of the will, endurance ring) seems to drain endurance and willpower down to about 70% or thereabouts. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."