Ask your Producer: August 2015

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods

Verrucht said:
    Tharvis said:
    Kez said:
    @Tharvis that may just be your city. I've spoken to many who were city rogues and when I asked them why they didn't join a house they said they were getting stronger first, so I told them they could join a house at level 10 and then they went and joined.
    city novice tasks become available once you've completed the great rock task iirc, and after completing all the city novice tasks you get the "join a house" task - pretty sure I saw this task in both cyrene and targossas when I rolled an alt to check out the requirements to get inspiration on what to suggest for our own.
    Actually, the last task we have to actually ask Indalecio is bugged and doesn't show up for Cyrene. I'm pretty sure I've issued and bugged it and it isn't showing up yet. You can still go and ask him after you've done them all, there just isn't an actual task for it yet.
    Was working last week when I made a character there, I'll take a look.
  • Tecton said:
    Bluef said:
    For almost 3 RL years, several clans I'm a part of have made inquiries about high clan status. Each time, we've been told that the Garden is evaluating the future of High Clan status, so there's been no decision as to whether Achaea will be accepting new high clans or discontinuing them.

Real life years is a really long time for such assessment. Can you clarify what exactly is being evaluated? What factors are going into deciding whether, if ever, we're going to see applications accepted again for these non-city/faction-based player-run organizations?

Also what are the current plans, if any exist, for measuring the performance of already-created high clans in terms of actively promoting their mission? Could we ever see the fall of some high clans and the rise of new ones with similar missions, for example?

Thanks for taking the time to respond!
    We're evaluating whether to continue the program at all, and whether the orgs are actually contributing to the RP landscape of the game, making the time drain on the admin team who evaluate, monitor, and patron these organisations worth it.
    In this case, talk to @Kakotas. He's had a couple IC project ideas that, while I whole-heartedly approve, can't seem to figure out how to get to the Divine/Admin for further study. I'm also working on something for the Dwarven High Clan for when Lord @Phaestus returns. Even if it's for a RL month.
  • When is the next announce post coming out?
    Achimrst said:
    When is the next announce post coming out?
    Next one will probably be the next batch of classlead changes!
  • Tecton said:
    Achimrst said:
    When is the next announce post coming out?
    Next one will probably be the next batch of classlead changes!
    :O I said when not what!?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    You missed @Jhui's and I'm curious about this one!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Couple of RP questions:

1.  I think some time back there was mention of hiring a full-time RP co-ordinator - did someone get hired, or was a decision taken not to hire someone?

2.  What's the Garden view, with the benefit of some hindsight now, on the Bal'met event?  My feeling was that the last event of similar scale, the Vertani invasion, was regarded in a lot of ways as an interesting failure and it moved the Garden away from that kind of thing for a long time.  Do you think of it as a RP success?  Are there plans for future RP events of (ok maybe not exactly the same because how often can you kill half the Garden) similar scale?

3.  What is the RP focus for the Garden over the next 12 months or so?  Is that even a valid question or does it depend entirely on the enthusiasms of the various active Divine at the time?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    When's the next post-worthy event happening? :innocent: 
    Huh. Neat.
  • Since we are debating it, does 

A blight is a magical construction, sourced in the netherworld, wrapped around a traditional curse 
    which will mask the effects of your attacks. Note that the use of the blight is more mentally 
    draining than a traditional curse.

make Shaman Darkness and therefore going to be made a Hashani factional class?
    Achimrst said:
    Since we are debating it, does 

A blight is a magical construction, sourced in the netherworld, wrapped around a traditional curse 
    which will mask the effects of your attacks. Note that the use of the blight is more mentally 

Lel.

The chances of that happening are slim to none, and Slim was shot dead in his apartment last night.
    Huh. Neat.
    Achimrst said:
    Since we are debating it, does 

Not a Hashani factional class, no.
  • Thanks for the responses!  Is any info on the hire going to be made public?  (Is the position taken on by someone with an active god role, what is that person's responsibilities, what are their hours etc etc?)

Also v pleased the Bal'met event is regarded as a success.  Blow shit up more often, we like it =).
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    What's your thoughts on the publically available automatic targeting scripts for hunting? I am mostly still stuck in the stone age with my manual targeting, and I hesitate to change that on the event that your stance changes.  At what point do we draw the line for automated hunting?  Is there any chance that Achaea ever allows automated hunting,  as long as we remain at the keyboard (fairly sure other ire games allow)

To reiterate Jhui's inquiry, when is shared experience going to be released, or has the idea been nixed.
  • Tecton said:
    Bluef said:
    Tecton said:
    Morthif said:
    Can we scrap mines and go back to the old system? 

Also why does Necromancy get a Piety counter but Devotion gets told to piss off when asking for a Gravehands counter?
    Mines: I think that mines are working out fairly well. There's a couple of teething issues, sure, but we're actively working on getting those smoothed out.

Gravehands: Bards can do that for you!
    Out of all of Achaea's active playerbase, what percentage has actually managed to level up their mining skills in some moderately useful way? I'm curious because to me it seems like only a few people are even engaged in (and profting from) this system, which has affected all of the game. I'd love to see stats to prove that perception wrong though. Thanks!
    I'll let @Sarapis field this one, as he's been more closely monitoring the system than me!
    To clarify, there's no such thing as a mining skill in the sense of the skills you see when you type SKILLS. I'm guessing you mean peoples' Legions.

I have no idea what the % of players engaged and profiting from it is. I know that it's substantially more popular than I had anticipated, and that players are more willing to lose money to engage in mining than we had foreseen, but I also expect that to die down some over time. There are only so many times most players will be willing to open a blatantly unprofitable mine, but we don't look at all at whether individual players are overall profiting or not from running mines. We can model the minimum cost to extra a raw comm from a lode in spreadsheets, but that assumes optimum player behavior in mining decisions, which is almost certainly not the case for anyone. Beyond that, profitability is about supply and demand. Mine what there's demand for, and do it at a cost that's less than other players are willing to pay, and you can make gold. Do the opposite, and you'll lose gold.

The rare minerals may be distorting the value of mines enough to players that they serve as sufficient incentive to mine for them, but we will likely further ratchet down the rate at which those are produced.

• edited August 2015
    The recent change to add shield as a counter to Spiritlore invokes has made it possible to completely nullify any momentum option a Shaman has available. Was this intended or was it more intended to be used as a way to stop timed finishers, such as blocking a single coagulate and prevent lock?
  • Sarapis said:
    Tecton said:
    Bluef said:
    Tecton said:
    Morthif said:
    Can we scrap mines and go back to the old system? 

Also why does Necromancy get a Piety counter but Devotion gets told to piss off when asking for a Gravehands counter?
    Mines: I think that mines are working out fairly well. There's a couple of teething issues, sure, but we're actively working on getting those smoothed out.

Gravehands: Bards can do that for you!
    Out of all of Achaea's active playerbase, what percentage has actually managed to level up their mining skills in some moderately useful way? I'm curious because to me it seems like only a few people are even engaged in (and profting from) this system, which has affected all of the game. I'd love to see stats to prove that perception wrong though. Thanks!
    I'll let @Sarapis field this one, as he's been more closely monitoring the system than me!
    To clarify, there's no such thing as a mining skill in the sense of the skills you see when you type SKILLS. I'm guessing you mean peoples' Legions.

I have no idea what the % of players engaged and profiting from it is. I know that it's substantially more popular than I had anticipated, and that players are more willing to lose money to engage in mining than we had foreseen, but I also expect that to die down some over time. There are only so many times most players will be willing to open a blatantly unprofitable mine, but we don't look at all at whether individual players are overall profiting or not from running mines. We can model the minimum cost to extra a raw comm from a lode in spreadsheets, but that assumes optimum player behavior in mining decisions, which is almost certainly not the case for anyone. Beyond that, profitability is about supply and demand. Mine what there's demand for, and do it at a cost that's less than other players are willing to pay, and you can make gold. Do the opposite, and you'll lose gold.

The rare minerals may be distorting the value of mines enough to players that they serve as sufficient incentive to mine for them, but we will likely further ratchet down the rate at which those are produced.

Going off what Bluef said. I like the idea, but when I read how it worked it really seemed like a way for some players who were already very wealthy to continue growing their wealth, and anyone who shows up late gets pummeled.

• Thanks for the responses!  Is any info on the hire going to be made public?  (Is the position taken on by someone with an active god role, what is that person's responsibilities, what are their hours etc etc?)

Nope!
  • edited August 2015
    Also, my inquiry about weaponsmithing I suppose is more this. I spent a fair bit of money to make it to blacksmith and when no one buys weapons, at least none at that I can make yet, and smelting doesn't give much of anything back it feels very fruitless.

I think this is partly because everyone in combat just has arti-weapons, since there isn't arti-armor people still have a need for armorsmiths which is good. But it feels like weaponsmithing is left out to dry.
  • We get new gods when people who volunteered during a Celani call (and were accepted as volunteers) to give up their mortal characters and work behind the scenes have learned enough and proven they're ready to be Gods.
  • edited August 2015
    @Tecton What do you see as the most powerful classes right now in Achaea? 

Strongest city? 

Is the best RP still in Mhaldor, or Targossas?
  • Sarapis said:
    We get new gods when people who volunteered during a Celani call (and were accepted as volunteers) to give up their mortal characters and work behind the scenes have learned enough and proven they're ready to be Gods.
    Any ETA of when the prominent roles will be filled?

Babel, Phaestus etc

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Atalkez said:
    Sarapis said:
    We get new gods when people who volunteered during a Celani call (and were accepted as volunteers) to give up their mortal characters and work behind the scenes have learned enough and proven they're ready to be Gods.

Lupus, Phaestus etc
    FTFY
    Huh. Neat.
  • Atalkez said:
    Sarapis said:

Babel, Phaestus etc
    Eris going to come back and kill Babel
  • Atalkez said:
    Sarapis said:

Babel, Phaestus etc
    See the previous answer. ;)
    Shirszae said:
    I just want @Scarlatti back :(
    Truefavours for poems and paintings? Yes plz.

In all seriousness though, He needs to show back up :(
    Huh. Neat.
This discussion has been closed.