2h Classleads

Weaponmastery
-------------
* The skull fractures affliction malus to elixir balance has been reduced.
* The wrist fractures affliction effects have been swapped out with the effects of torn tendons.

T_T

Comments

• ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Whaaaaaa
  • :cry: 

Wait, what does torn tendons/wrist fractures even do? I can't tell.
  • Tendons now gives sensitivity on a tick until they're cured... wrist fractures now give lethargy on a tick unless cured
  • Is this a buff or a nerf? I feel like I've heard the 2handers talk about relying on lethargy so if you're removing that from leg prep seems like a bigger nerf then the spec needed?
  • Wrist fractures (now torn tendons) give clumsiness not sensitivity. Cracked ribs give sensitivity.

I haven't done any fighting yet but I imagine it will be harder for me to build momentum against other momentum classes now because my finisher is all in the leg break disembowel route. Depending, of course, on how effective clumsiness might be on certain classes.

• Honestly, this seems like something that was needed. I feel like 2h is pretty static and boring, but it was absurd how many people I was able to beat by just hitting their leg until I could disembowel. This forces you to choose between slowing your offense down to stall them (build wrist fracts) and a lesser hinder to build towards a kill - before, there was no reason to not keep hitting legs until you damaged them to death because lethargy shut down their offense and you needed leg fracts for a kill anyway.
  • Kog said:
    Honestly, this seems like something that was needed. I feel like 2h is pretty static and boring, but it was absurd how many people I was able to beat by just hitting their leg until I could disembowel. This forces you to choose between slowing your offense down to stall them (build wrist fracts) and a lesser hinder to build towards a kill - before, there was no reason to not keep hitting legs until you damaged them to death because lethargy shut down their offense and you needed leg fracts for a kill anyway.
    How do you even break limbs with a bastard sword/warhammer? A friend let me keep hitting him until he broke, but he never did... I got to about 40 hits. With my warhammer. 

I was using targeting in Weaponry. Is that the only way? 
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Were you using HEW LEFT RIGHT LEG or Slaughter? Kinda sounds like he was going untargetted

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • IIIIIIIIII was using slaughter..... Hew/Pulverise break legs? Wow.
  • Daeros said:
    IIIIIIIIII was using slaughter..... Hew/Pulverise break legs? Wow.
    Read help files on your skills dude.

Besides that, this is a pretty flat nerf but seems well deserved and not over the top. I'll miss the potency of the head fracs but I wonder if it will make it worth while for people to ever try parrying something else. I still doubt it though.

I really just think it means you're going to be getting less of an effect from one broken leg+prone to a precision overhand and letting them deal with that. I also think that recurring clumsy as the primary affliction now is going to be pretty great.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    edited August 2015
    Daeros said:
    We have yet to sit down for a combat lesson.  Ill get you all set up :)

Been trying to get your mudlet set up before we get into all that
  • edited August 2015
    Aepas said:
    Daeros said:

Hew (Weaponmastery)                           Known: Yes
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Syntax:            HEW <target <LEFT|RIGHT> <ARM|LEG> [venom]
    Extra Information: Weapon: bastard sword

Works on/against:  Adventurers
    Cooldown:          Balance cost varies based on weapon speed
    Details:
    This ability can target either the arms or legs of your opponent. When
    striking the arms they will suffer from wrist fractures, and when
    hitting the legs you will deliver torn tendons.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shush, I thought it ONLY delivered wrist fractures/torn tendons. I'll be using this a lot more now. Edit: By that, I mean I thought it switched limb breaking with fractures and stuff for 2h.

Elazar said:
    Daeros said:
    We have yet to sit down for a combat lesson.  Ill get you all set up :)

Been trying to get your mudlet set up before we get into all that
    Yush :hurrah: We must hurry, because Natharok (He's like my rival/friend from Targossas. -cough cough-) is getting harder to kill.

• Aepas said:
    Daeros said:

Besides that, this is a pretty flat nerf but seems well deserved and not over the top. I'll miss the potency of the head fracs but I wonder if it will make it worth while for people to ever try parrying something else. I still doubt it though.

I really just think it means you're going to be getting less of an effect from one broken leg+prone to a precision overhand and letting them deal with that. I also think that recurring clumsy as the primary affliction now is going to be pretty great.
    I sparred a priest yesterday and built 5 head stacks and 6 leg stacks, turned on fury which gets me to 23str and I had to disembowel the priest twice for the kill. Granted, I was fighting a priest, but still. 
  • You didn't mention torso damage at all, so I'm not sure what exactly you expected. Disembowel without torso damage is intentionally not that great damage-wise, even with ridiculous strength.
  • You killed a priest with 2 DSBs. That should never be a complaint.
  • edited August 2015
    Antonius said:
    You didn't mention torso damage at all, so I'm not sure what exactly you expected. Disembowel without torso damage is intentionally not that great damage-wise, even with ridiculous strength.
    Why would I mention torso damage when I've been dishing out damage on someone with reduced sip balance? A lesser damage disembowel on someone who is not able to heal effectively is a legit method to the kill. Torso damage or sensitivity is a different type of path, but they are not a requirement. 

And also to Aepas point about parrying head, what this looks like to me is that it's viable to parry other things if you can heal decently. 

• Jinsun said:
    You killed a priest with 2 DSBs. That should never be a complaint.
    The issue is not really me being able to do it in 1 or 2, but how others (less artied) will be able to kill at all with out a crazy amount of head and torso stacks. 
  • Unbuffed disembowel might be a legit method to (try to) kill, but there shouldn't be an expectation that it just always works, either. Less artied people won't have the luxuries that you do, and may have to explore those other options to increase their damage. Until those have been shown to be totally uneffective, complaints about the specs viability seem a bit premature.

Ultimately, "Priest survives disembowel without torso damage" isn't a convincing argument, no matter how much damage you dished out with reduced sip balance beforehand. Priest is pretty well suited to keep their health up despite the slower, or weaker, health sips.

• Noak said:
    Antonius said:
    You didn't mention torso damage at all, so I'm not sure what exactly you expected. Disembowel without torso damage is intentionally not that great damage-wise, even with ridiculous strength.
    Why would I mention torso damage when I've been dishing out damage on someone with reduced sip balance? A lesser damage disembowel on someone who is not able to heal effectively is a legit method to the kill. Torso damage or sensitivity is a different type of path, but they are not a requirement. 

And also to Aepas point about parrying head, what this looks like to me is that it's viable to parry other things if you can heal decently. 

Depends how they are curing. If a person is just sipping health, chances are you really don't have them all that low, even if you have a lot of fractures on them. Damaging torso should always be a priority, not only for the fact it gives sensitivity but also reduces every sip, which coupled with head is amazing. Plus it turns your 2k damage dsb into a 90-98% damage dsb.

Learning to get that torso prepped is what will skyrocket you into the higher tiers of combat.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Antonius said:

Unbuffed disembowel might be a legit method to (try to) kill, but there shouldn't be an expectation that it just always works, either. Less artied people won't have the luxuries that you do, and may have to explore those other options to increase their damage. Until those have been shown to be totally uneffective, complaints about the specs viability seem a bit premature.

Ultimately, "Priest survives disembowel without torso damage" isn't a convincing argument, no matter how much damage you dished out with reduced sip balance beforehand. Priest is pretty well suited to keep their health up despite the slower, or weaker, health sips.

Aepas said:
    Noak said:
    Antonius said:

Depends how they are curing. If a person is just sipping health, chances are you really don't have them all that low, even if you have a lot of fractures on them. Damaging torso should always be a priority, not only for the fact it gives sensitivity but also reduces every sip, which coupled with head is amazing. Plus it turns your 2k damage dsb into a 90-98% damage dsb.

Learning to get that torso prepped is what will skyrocket you into the higher tiers of combat.
    Mostly what I was pointing out was that this is not an insubstantial nerf especially to non-artied two-handers. Pre-nerf I would have been very surprised if anyone survived 5 head stacks and a disembowel with fury on. If I usually can kill someone without head stacks and just leg stacks and then I build 5 headstacks and it takes two disembowels to kill then lesser-artied folks will have it even harder. That being said, you're right, obviously priest isn't the best example.

I guess I am kind of surprised you guys don't see 5 head stacks not being enough, because 5 head stacks for me was the ez-win if there was one as 2h.