Ask your Producer: August 2015

Comments

• When is the stupidity affliction going to make all equilibrium skills unusable?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    edited August 2015

Kayeil said:
    Do horkvals, grooks, and xorans lay eggs? The hive in Ulangi makes me believe that horkvals do, at least.

When grooks are children, do they have a tadpole-like nature to them?
    Xorans and grook give live birth, horkvals lay eggs.

Infant grook are humanoid, more than tadpole-like.
    Skye said:
    Dragging the mining thing over to this topic. On behalf of my Oceania and SEA buddies, we're wondering on the frequency of lode spawns and their timings.

Some of us don't actually go out and prospect every hour, but the amount of bad luck at finding lodes is pretty disheartening. Pretty sure I've slept/worked/commuted through most of those spawns.
    No set schedule! There's many factors involved, mainly to do with supply and demand, and when favourable conditions are met, a lode will be generated.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Tecton said:

Kayeil said:
    Do horkvals, grooks, and xorans lay eggs? The hive in Ulangi makes me believe that horkvals do, at least.

When grooks are children, do they have a tadpole-like nature to them?
    Xorans and grooks give live birth, horkvals lay eggs.

Infant grooks are humanoid, more than tadpole-like.
    Aww no more xorans laying egg jokes. I'll still tease Kohilo about being my little tadpole when he was a tiny grook, though.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

Bronislav said:
    I second Skye's question regarding mines. 

Also: it seems like a lot of ideas are met with, "That isn't something we're looking into right now. " I understand that some ideas are outlandish and entirely too overpowered, but it sometimes seems like even the really cool, relatively underwhelming ideas get the stock reply. Aside from an idea being unbalanced/OP, what are the usual reasons that ideas don't make it? 

Thanks in advance!
    That's a tough one, I'd love to implement every idea, but there's many that aren't feasible from an effort vs. reward standpoint, others may be at odds with something else we're doing behind the scenes, and some just might not fit within the strategic direction of Achaea. I try not to delete many ideas without giving a reason there, as I certainly appreciate you guys taking the time and effort to submit them and try and make Achaea better.

• Can we scrap mines and go back to the old system? 

Also why does Necromancy get a Piety counter but Devotion gets told to piss off when asking for a Gravehands counter?
    Tiamat said:
    When is the stupidity affliction going to make all equilibrium skills unusable?
    No plans for that, specifically.
    Morthif said:
    Can we scrap mines and go back to the old system? 

Also why does Necromancy get a Piety counter but Devotion gets told to piss off when asking for a Gravehands counter?
    Mines: I think that mines are working out fairly well. There's a couple of teething issues, sure, but we're actively working on getting those smoothed out.

Gravehands: Bards can do that for you!
  • Wtf is a bard. That's such a shitty answer
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    How many shops can a city own? I read that there's a set maximum but not an exact number.

How long after Ashtan's renaissance can we expect multiclass news and updates?

Can you crown my crocodile as the King of all other crocodiles?

"Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited August 2015
    Have you guys thought about putting in Comm Market locations in all of the old comms shops that are now useless without comms to sell...like one in Moghedu and Black Rock. (It would all be the same market, just different auction blocks)

That way people can sell their comms with greater ease and not have to go to Delos only?
  • How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood in an exterminated forest?
  • When are the old house sellers going to stop selling their wares, or when are all the old house sellers going to sell their items again?
    Razzlo said:
    Have you guys thought about putting in Comm Market locations in all of the old comms shops that are now useless without comms to sell...like one in Moghedu and Black Rock. (It would all be the same market, just different auction blocks)

That way people can sell their comms with greater ease and not have to go to Delos only?
    Not something I've thought about, but more access to the market might be something we can do in the future.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Tecton said:
    Ruth said:
    How many shops can a city own? I read that there's a set maximum but not an exact number.

Shops: 30 off the top of my head.

Multiclass: Very soon!

Crocodile: No, but I can turn him into a nice belt or a pair of boots.
    Looking at that last auction, shops are still going at an incredible premium. Do you have a rough idea of how many shops have closed/changed hands since the implementation of the change to tax payments (Announce #4294)? Do you think that change was effective at all?

Tiamat said:
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood in an exterminated forest?
    Depends how much he likes the taste of ash?!

Tiamat said:
    When are the old house sellers going to stop selling their wares, or when are all the old house sellers going to sell their items again?
    Old house wares are generally gone with the passing of the old houses, I'm afraid.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Curiously, it was mentioned in one of the Golden Dias threads that it would eventually be possible to have some sort of solution to combine artefacts together for multiple effects, or some other sort of solution similar to that.

Any kind of information of what all of that will be, and any kind of ETA? It'd be nice if it were kinda soon, as I have some artefact customisations I'm eyeing and I'd really like to have that option available.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Skye said:
    Tecton said:
    Ruth said:

Shops: 30 off the top of my head.

Multiclass: Very soon!

Looking at that last auction, shops are still going at an incredible premium. Do you have a rough idea of how many shops have closed/changed hands since the implementation of the change to tax payments (Announce #4294)? Do you think that change was effective at all?
    I think it's definitely helped get shops into the hands of active players. Many of the massive outliers (people who haven't even logged into Achaea for 6+ RL months) have been cleaned up, which was the primary reason for the change.
    Melodie said:
    Curiously, it was mentioned in one of the Golden Dias threads that it would eventually be possible to have some sort of solution to combine artefacts together for multiple effects, or some other sort of solution similar to that.

Any kind of information of what all of that will be, and any kind of ETA? It'd be nice if it were kinda soon, as I have some artefact customisations I'm eyeing and I'd really like to have that option available.
    Yep, something we're working on in the background (specifically for artefacts that's power isn't necessarily a function of the item that it is attached to). Don't have a timeframe at this time, as it's something that's lower on the priority list.
    edited August 2015
    Yae said:
    @Ruth, I got this.

@Tecton How does mining work with the Nature faction? It's kind of funny/awkward using all this.. iron and stone.. :anguished: 
    Same as everyone else! RP-wise, our mining system is non-invasive and does not harm nature any more than, say, picking up a stone off the ground. 
  • Bronislav said:
    Edit: Also, what can we - as players - do to help facilitate these ideas? Maybe I'm an optimist, but I'd like to think that players would gladly jump through hoops and do some legwork for a good idea! 
    This is my own fault, as I edited the post after it was put out. But I'm legitimately interested in what players can do to help with good ideas. Thanks again for the reply! 

Bronislav said:
    Bronislav said:
    Edit: Also, what can we - as players - do to help facilitate these ideas? Maybe I'm an optimist, but I'd like to think that players would gladly jump through hoops and do some legwork for a good idea! 
    This is my own fault, as I edited the post after it was put out. But I'm legitimately interested in what players can do to help with good ideas. Thanks again for the reply! 
    The more detail, the better! Naturally, no need to kill yourself of the minute details, but actually listing why and how you think your idea will benefit Achaea will definitely help your case. There's a big difference between:

IDEA We should put mining in the game.

and

IDEA With the implementation of the new forging changes and the change to city improvements to use commodities, we could use a new system to obtain these items. My idea is to add a mining system in that will allow us to obtain commodities from lodes that appear based on supply/demand, as not to flood the economy with a ridiculous amount of free comms.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Tecton said:

D: Noooooo, stay away. Everyone! Hide all yo crocodiles and alligators! We've got a hide lover over here.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• What, if any, procedures are in place should a Patron of a city go on an extended vacation? Are there those available to fill in as backups? Do you possess a roving Divine, if you will?

I know going back over the years there have been stretches when some cities have been effectively cut off from swathes of gameplay due to this issue.
  • Tecton said:
    Yae said:
    @Ruth, I got this.

@Tecton How does mining work with the Nature faction? It's kind of funny/awkward using all this.. iron and stone.. :anguished: 
    Same as everyone else! RP-wise, our mining system is non-invasive and does not harm nature any more than, say, picking up a stone off the ground. 
    I'm sort of anticipating @Artemis vehemently denouncing the 'lies and propaganda' that the evil Tectonic MineCorp is spreading to deceive the sheeple masses.

This discussion has been closed.