How did you get dragon?

Comments

• I got lvl 99 and didn't realize 99 was for dragon, so I have no idea what it was. I do know it was something on Meropis probably in the swamp.
  • Achimrst said:
    I got lvl 99 and didn't realize 99 was for dragon, so I have no idea what it was. I do know it was something on Meropis probably in the swamp.
    You posted the log, it was a glubber...it dropped a large pile of gold cause you did a damn kirby dance
  • Casually hunted random stuff for fun until 95-ish. Started making a steady routine after 95. Got 97, hunted like mad for four days, got 99.

I have no idea what the last thing I killed before dragon was. Was a bit tired at the time.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Lycopod
  • Razzlo said:
    Achimrst said:
    I got lvl 99 and didn't realize 99 was for dragon, so I have no idea what it was. I do know it was something on Meropis probably in the swamp.
    You posted the log, it was a glubber...it dropped a large pile of gold cause you did a damn kirby dance
    It always does a Kirby dance when I kill things. I must have found it later! Neat!
  • Sidhe I think, can't really remember that far back. I do remember being the 101st Dragon and missing out on spot 100 by a few hours

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Like a few others in this thread, I got it off of a Mhun guard on the entry floor.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Don't remember for both of the times I got dragon. My personal lack of sentiment is grating.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Like everyone else, I bashed (ofc with the awesome help of a few city-mates for the later few levels).

Annnnnnnd then @Kyrra may or may not have 'jumped' me in Annwyn, which in turn may or may not have promptly gotten her executed by me, thus leveling to 99.
  • I got my xp up to 99.9% and then killed a few things and when I thought I was almost there I finished some newb task quests like handing in butterflies and ratting and whatnot but that didn't get me dragon so I killed a dryad
  • literally hunted meropis, UW, Annwyn, moghedu (when I was rogue), and vertani mobs over and over. I tried to do 10-30% a day, from 94-99. jfc the grind was real :(
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• I killed a rat to hit 99.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Xae said:
    literally hunted meropis, UW, Annwyn, moghedu (when I was rogue), and vertani mobs over and over. I tried to do 10-30% a day, from 94-99. jfc the grind was real :(
    Hunted the last 80%ish in one day. Never, ever, ever again.

It gets really difficult to stop when you're that close though.
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I think it was the leviathan, but I'm not sure.

• A hissing crackle resonates from the roiling depths of the Mhojave Desert, and the silver dragon Praxides takes to the skies. A stream of jagged lightning erupts from the formidable maw, splitting the fabric of reality at the seams as the dragon glides into the rift and disappears.
  • I attained dragonhood in large part thanks to a series of Truefavours from Scarlatti that prompted me to move my lazy ass and get the last three levels. It took me 9 rl days (give or take) to accomplish something that I'd been sitting on for a couple of months.
  • I forget the actual mob, but I definitely took advantage of the Great Hunts when I was getting levels.

• PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    I killed a centipede in Saiha'balan Grotto just a bit ago. B)

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Rinzai said:
    I forget the actual mob, but I definitely took advantage of the Great Hunts when I was getting levels.

Same! It was great motivation to also place in the Great Hunt while working for dragon too.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Something in Morindar. I did Morindar from 88-99. Best place to hunt.

• AnnwylAnnwyl Vancouver, B.C.
    An ice maiden on Meropis. I hunted on Meropis pretty solidly from level 88 on, with occasional late-night excursions to Dun Fortress.
  • Killing @Jinsun got me Dragonhood.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• Dragon is best accomplished by following these rules:

1. Install Keneanung script
    2. Ensure you have a 2nd monitor/TV and access to Netflix or Amazon streaming
    3. Alcohol of choice (drinking heavily is always best for hours of bashing)
    4. Go to easy areas: Azdun (graveyard, stay out of lower areas unless artied); Dun Fortress; Qurnok; Belladonna's
    5. Avoid places like UW/Annwyn unless you have a gem and are good at scanning for people who will kill you
    6. Focus on getting a percentage a day like 5-10% 
  • Aelios said:
    Killing @Jinsun got me Dragonhood.
    Picks or it didn't happen
  • Me and my mom got into a "fight" so I killed her for my last 2% >>
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Top floor of Bella's keep with half of Shallam following my bloodsworn who was walking behind me.
  • BluefBluef Delos
    edited August 2015
    I wish I could remember what I killed to get dragon. It'll be two real-life years this September since my dragon ceremony. I remember that pretty well (and everyone who came out for it :heart:), including Valnurana who offered a cool world-wide emote: The shadowed silhouette of a great swan graces the afternoon skies, giving a nod of respect to the fledgling dragon. But I can't recall what the hell I killed to gain that last level. My guess would be someone from Istarion's Cabal of Life (don't judge me...they're not what they seem!) or undead in Azdun. I never spent any time hunting UW or Annwyn to get dragon and since obtaining it that hasn't changed much!
  • Bluef said:
    I wish I could remember what I killed to get dragon. It'll be two real-life years this September since my dragon ceremony. I remember that pretty well (and everyone who came out for it :heart:), including Valnurana who offered a cool world-wide emote: The shadowed silhouette of a great swan graces the afternoon skies, giving a nod of respect to the fledgling dragon. But I can't recall what the hell I killed to gain that last level. My guess would be someone from Istarion's Cabal of Life (don't judge me...they're not what they seem!) or undead in Azdun. I never spent any time hunting UW or Annwyn to get dragon and since obtaining it that hasn't changed much!
    I'm pretty sure it was there, I remember talking to you about that place at around that time.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I pretty much hunted Prin from level 80 by myself, with trips through Annwyn/Underworld with @Earionduil and @Thiev, and later @Nemutaur and @Mizik to help keep me motivated. There was a lot of late nights after work where I just logged in and didn't want to do anything at all, but Nems would still make me do Annwyn/UW even though I was mostly falling asleep.

@Jarrod and @Dunn let me kill them on the battlements for my last 0.01%. Love them so much. I logged that and the dragon ceremony that followed, because it was just so awesome. @Jarrod, @Lianca, @Dunn, and Papa @Jhui discussed the awesome of silver verses blue, and @Taraus came to hang out in gare with us for a while after. It was both definitely a highlight and one of the best moments in my life in Achaea.

Your aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    You swing your weapon in a wide arc to hit everyone within your reach.
    Your blade clips Daslin who cries out in pain.
    Horror overcomes Daslin's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    Your blade clips Nemutaur who cries out in pain.
    Horror overcomes Nemutaur's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    Your blade clips Jhui who cries out in pain.
    Horror overcomes Jhui's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    Your blade clips Strata who cries out in pain.
    Horror overcomes Strata's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.
    Your blade clips Dunn who cries out in pain.
    You have slain Dunn.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 99.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Greater Dragon.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."