Tattoos

So ive noticed that i'm loosing my bashing tattoos at insane rates recently and im wondering if this is the norm? bad luck? or my skill in tattooing? Ive been needing to re-ink my tattoos 5ish times in a a 2hr bashing session and i just dont remember ever flying through tattoos like this, especially since i got the trait to stretch them out. Anyone mind shedding some light on this or even how decay works altogether?

Comments

• Tattoos are kinda random, and depending on the tattoo not really financially viable until a certain point. If you use mana while bashing for instance, moon tends to be a hassle to keep up.
  • Skill in tattooing doesn't affect decay chance - it's just a flat chance to decay every time it ticks.

When bashing was changed so each mob took longer, most people discovered that they actually had a lot of downtime between mobs when they were bashing before. Most of them discovered this by suddenly noticing just how large the willpower/endurance drain from bashing was, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing was happening with your moon tattoos - whereas now 2hrs of bashing might mean 1h45m minutes spent below max mana with the tattoo ticking, you probably spent a lot less of your bashing time below max mana before on account of the time spent moving between mobs, finding mobs to kill, healing up between mobs, traveling between bashing areas, etc.

It also might just be bad luck.
  • @Gamaden There is a trait that helps reduce the chance of a random duration tattoo from disappearing. 
  • Something else to consider is if you are now activating defences that continually consume mana as part of your bashing defup.

• Permanent ink will solve your problem.
  • Greys said:
    @Gamaden There is a trait that helps reduce the chance of a random duration tattoo from disappearing. 
    Gamaden said:
    especially since i got the trait to stretch them out. 
    Looks like that's covered. @Dochitha has it right - from here, permanent ink is the next step.

Personally, I've gone RL months without re-inking tattoos, and I've replaced a dozen in an hour. It's really, really random.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    I have five permanent tattoos, I believe.  All of them were gifts from a very good friend.  The only one I don't think I could live without is tree.  Though I must say,  moon's and megalith's tendency to fade is very frustrating and I would recommend both if you have an overage of permanent ink.  Beyond that, I have never found it too difficult to stop and reink when I need to.  Definitely don't waste the credits getting a moss.  Pretty sure I have had the same one for six months. 
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    Austere said:
    Definitely don't waste the credits getting a moss.  Pretty sure I have had the same one for six months. 
    I've reinked at least 5 moss today, lets trade.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Austere said:
    I have five permanent tattoos, I believe.  All of them were gifts from a very good friend.  The only one I don't think I could live without is tree.  Though I must say,  moon's and megalith's tendency to fade is very frustrating and I would recommend both if you have an overage of permanent ink.  Beyond that, I have never found it too difficult to stop and reink when I need to.  Definitely don't waste the credits getting a moss.  Pretty sure I have had the same one for six months. 
    I've re-inked my moss four times in the past rl day. :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Austere said:
    Definitely don't waste the credits getting a moss.  Pretty sure I have had the same one for six months. 
     I've never had one last longer than about two days. And that's way out on the far end of the bell curve.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Three people quote me saying the same thing: not my fault you guys use scrub tattoo artists.