Denizen levels

edited August 2015 in North of Thera
So, I was wondering, when you PROBE, CONSIDER, etc a denizen, it says, "... is a humble looking creature." "... is not one to be trifled with." etc etc, are those like denizen levels? And do they have ... Number levels or something?

Example of what I mean: "... is a humble looking creature." = Level 10 or something

Best Answers

Answers

• As far as I've been able to tell, the consider lines seem to be mostly just based on level (level 1-4 is weak and feeble, 5-9 is relatively helpless, 75-99 is extraordinarily strong, etc.), but there are some exceptions (certain denizens that have a level well above or below the usual range for their consider line), so I'm not entirely sure how it works.
  • Sena said:
    As far as I've been able to tell, the consider lines seem to be mostly just based on level (level 1-4 is weak and feeble, 5-9 is relatively helpless, 75-99 is extraordinarily strong, etc.), but there are some exceptions (certain denizens that have a level well above or below the usual range for their consider line), so I'm not entirely sure how it works.
    I don't know how accurate this is, but I vaguely remember 'consider' being health-based?

Which meant some discrepancies in how hard they are to kill, as some do more damage with less health, and some have more health and do less damage.

Again, I can't recall where I heard this, so I'm not completely sure how true it is.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Sena said:
    As far as I've been able to tell, the consider lines seem to be mostly just based on level (level 1-4 is weak and feeble, 5-9 is relatively helpless, 75-99 is extraordinarily strong, etc.), but there are some exceptions (certain denizens that have a level well above or below the usual range for their consider line), so I'm not entirely sure how it works.
    I don't know how accurate this is, but I vaguely remember 'consider' being health-based?

Which meant some discrepancies in how hard they are to kill, as some do more damage with less health, and some have more health and do less damage.

Again, I can't recall where I heard this, so I'm not completely sure how true it is.
    It's been a long time since I looked at it, but my recollection is that straight health did not match up with consider lines. Though I don't think I have the ranges recorded anywhere, I checked consider lines and levels for a bunch of different denizens, and it was very consistent. I only ever found one or two exceptions to the consider<->level correspondence; the only one I recall off the top of my head is the werewolves in LHG.
  • This may be somewhat of a digression, but you've got me wondering. Is there a way I could test to find out a denizens health and how much I hit them for as a flat rather than percentage amount? I'd be interested to find out things like how much an attack hits for when I go up a level or how much the damage changes if I use something like flagellate on a denizen.
  • edited August 2015
    Fusco said:
    This may be somewhat of a digression, but you've got me wondering. Is there a way I could test to find out a denizens health and how much I hit them for as a flat rather than percentage amount? I'd be interested to find out things like how much an attack hits for when I go up a level or how much the damage changes if I use something like flagellate on a denizen.
    Going up a level won't change your damage fyi.

edit: addendum, for hunting you will crit more, and if you're not trans the lessons you get and put into the appropriate skill may
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Knights can check the exact health of their falcons (and apostates with their baalzadeens, but knights are a lot more common), so hitting a falcon allows you to check exactly how much damage you deal against denizens.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Sena said:
    Knights can check the exact health of their falcons (and apostates with their baalzadeens, but knights are a lot more common), so hitting a falcon allows you to check exactly how much damage you deal against denizens.
    Don't forget magi and golem, though I still want to say the numbers were a little different the only time I ever checked.