Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Announce 4399

12346»

Comments

• XinnaXinna Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jhui said:
    Did you guys really expect @Daeir to not be a negative drama-queen?  It's pretty much one of the guarantees we've come to expect on forums.

What people aren't realizing is exactly what Praxides is saying, but also the side-effect of what she's saying.

These lockets are essentially just super shiny, but shitty toys that people are paying huge amounts for.  This promotion helps out the little guy, not the big guys.  The value of globes just skyrocketed if you get a shard and sell it.  I doubt the little people care much about the locket, but they could siphon some of the credits away from the big guys and never have to care what they are missing out on.

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy if I were trying to get basic skills/arties right now. Globes seem to be worth quite a lot, in addition to the amounts you could earn from mining. Definitely more ways available to level the playing field lately.

Whereas... I'm kinda embarrassed on how much I've spent to try to get this locket working. Any of the people complaining about the locket being OP would probably be pissed off at how weak it is if they actually bought one.

Rare minerals were a much bigger thing than this!

Praxides
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,251 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wait, so people already have a level 20 locket?  Wow, I am a late starter.  Not even my first piece yet.  I need to get on it tonight.  Any chance someone can post what it looks like when you "die"?
  • XinnaXinna Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    You only need lvl 3 to first get immortality. Not sure if anyone has lvl 20. I thought they were just complaining about it.
    PraxidesAustere
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarapis said:
    Daeir said:
    Can't we have an actively staffed and enjoyable Achaea that also doesn't frontload cool things into massively gated promotional purchases?

Crowns and the Shop of Wonders. Put the shards in the shop of wonder for two mayan crowns each, hold a tiered credit sale and HOLY SHIT MONEY. Actually, just having a tiered sale in general right now would probably have people (myself included) vomit cash into your bank accounts. Besides that, at least people have a chance of slowly plodding their way to a locket through in-game methods as well instead of being limited solely to credits.

I'm not one to harp on about doing what you need to do to survive as a business, and I definitely don't want to see Achaea go down the sinkhole. Not asking you to put stuff out there for free, and if this is what you need to do to keep on trucking, then I've got no choice really but to shut up and put up about it.
    Most of you don't really understand what actually sells (and you don't have the data either, of course), and what people suggest would sell well is almost always what the person suggesting it wants to buy on discount (no idea if that's the case here or not). Crown sales, for instance, have always made for terrible months. 

I would love to simply stop doing monthly promotions altogether when they involve new content, because they're an enormous drain on resources every month, across five games, and spend that energy on just adding permanent content to the games instead. But it's simply not financially viable as far as we've seen.
    We're suggesting crown sales not because we want to buy them at a discount, but because we want to buy them, period. Crowns are in very short supply right now, it seems.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Solution: Put crowns in globes.

AerekTrevizeTitonus
    Valkyn said:
    Solution: Put crowns in globes.
    YES
    PLEASE
    WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN DONE
    Huh. Neat.
    TrevizeSyriDochitha
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,754 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Crowns used to be in globes, at least during the first promo I remember with them.

Kyrra
    Going to have my tailoring designs decaying if I don't get crowns for a folder soon. :( Or paying heaps to upkeep them.

Also have they taken out those annoying reincarnations, or is it just me getting lucky and not getting any recently? Those were horrible. 

Valkyn said:
    Also have they taken out those annoying reincarnations, or is it just me getting lucky and not getting any recently? Those were horrible. 
    Trait resets were worse :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • ElawienElawien Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Valkyn said:
    Ahmet said:
    Valkyn said:
    Trait resets and reincarnations are only received once - if you don't have them. If you have them, you don't get them anymore.

Tharvis
  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited August 2015
    @Jhui : There's some stuff in there that's pretty good, just depends on what your NEEDS are. For me, the big draw is the locket can cure being toasted by alcohol. It's good RP to get completely and totally shitfaced because if you do it right you can be very funny. The problem is, when the situation changes, you're basically unable to function. I heard somewhere that arena deaths no longer cure inebriation -- if that's wrong, then what I am saying is wrong too. If it's not wrong, the locket, for me, is a good buy.

That's the thing about the locket, it's multi-function. I am not sure the "immortality" is all that great but some of that stuff has uses. It just probably doesn't have much use to you because you spend a lot of time fighting.
  • KasyaKasya TennesseeMember Posts: 657 @ - Epic Achaean
    I think globes coupled with a tiered crown sale would be amazing. You buy globes, you get your globe things. You buy straight credits, you get crowns. Double up on sale potential. :)
    Ahmet
    Elawien said:
    Valkyn said:
    Ahmet said:
    Valkyn said:
    Trait resets and reincarnations are only received once - if you don't have them. If you have them, you don't get them anymore.
    This is absolutely false. I've received multiple reincarnations before. Possibly a bug, but yeah.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KasyaKasya TennesseeMember Posts: 657 @ - Epic Achaean
    I think they changed, that Ahmet, so that you don't get multiple ones anymore. But you used to be able to stack them.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,396 @ - Epic Achaean
    You are still getting oaken vials.
Sign In to Comment.