Mush client scripts/gui?

I understand this may be a redundant question, however I'm wondering if any of you Mush users have any scripts/gui you can share with me? I'm having a REAL hard time finding anything useful.

I understand mudlet is more popular for this game and I'll switch to it if need be. However I just spent hours learning/setting up triggers and macros for mush. Can anyone send some resources/advice my way?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Here's a couple of scripts from a (former?) Achaean - https://sites.google.com/site/dontarion/

There's someone else that had some public MUSH scripts, but the name is escaping me right now. Lemme think on it.
  • Trevize or Soludra would be your best bet at former Achaeans with public scripts. I've also had some luck purchasing scripts from people, so that would be an option if you want to pay.

• Thanks for the input folks. Please let me know if you find anything else Jacen. I found a decent mapper going on that site you linked (yay!). But I'm struggling to find links that aren't broken for mush scripts. Trying to learn mudlet, but I find it a PITA so far.
  • I learned people are using a GMCP hunting script for mudlet. This makes me the slowest one in the group as I have to set each target with aliases.

I'm sure there are other Mush users around. How do you do your targeting?

I'm learning about making a script (with no scripting knowledge). My question is has anyone tried adapting a hunting script from muidlet to Mush? Or has anyone already made a good system they wouldn't mind sharing?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Not everyone uses a gmcp hunting script.  I have personally never found a use for one. If you use "t" to set your target,  tab complete and the ability to cycle through previous commands using the arrow key has always been everything I needed.  Gmcp hunting is relatively new (compared to the age of Achaea). I would definitely not let the lack of one deter you in the least. Just my two sovereigns.
  • Thanks that's a helpful reply
  • edited August 2015
    Kazu said:
    Trevize or Soludra would be your best bet at former Achaeans with public scripts. I've also had some luck purchasing scripts from people, so that would be an option if you want to pay.
    I'm a bit late on this, but as an FYI, and you can probably thank @Tecton or @Makarios for this, but pretty much all of my old zMUD/MUSHclient scripts are quite literally built into the game now.

OFFER CORPSES
    ELIXSUM
    VENOMSUM
    SHARDLIST
    FISHLIST
    TATTOOS (showing blank slots)

And probably a few I'm forgetting.

I was shocked, amazed, and extremely happy when I saw that. Definitely felt like I made a mark on Achaea that stuff was so useful people requested it and the admins implemented it.

Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Nythir said:
    I learned people are using a GMCP hunting script for mudlet. This makes me the slowest one in the group as I have to set each target with aliases.

I'm sure there are other Mush users around. How do you do your targeting?

I'm learning about making a script (with no scripting knowledge). My question is has anyone tried adapting a hunting script from muidlet to Mush? Or has anyone already made a good system they wouldn't mind sharing?
    While I'm not a Mush user, I set up target tracking without gmcp a long time ago in zmud. Keep in mind that all of the (important) information that comes through gmcp is available to you from in game commands. What you can do is to set up a trigger or alias to do 'info here' when you move into a new room, capture all of that information, then gag it all.

Also Mushclient supports both gmcp and Lua, so you could probably take a gmcp targetting script written for Mudlet use it in Mush with only minor modification.
  • Unless something has changed (the version of mushclient that I use is about 3 years old), gmcp support is not built in, so you will either need to write your own handler, or use a plugin that someone else has written already to get that functionality.
  • edited August 2015
    My bad. I read their page and for some reason my brain changed 'mccp' into 'gmcp'.

It does appear that there is a plugin though. I can't find the plugin page itself, but there's a link to its download at the top of this page. You might also look at Dontarion's mapper, which uses gmcp, as an example.