Announce 4399

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    The immortality thing isn't really that big of a deal, especially since it can only be used once a month. That's if they can even get their locket to level 20 to begin with. The rest of the effects are pretty minimal... 5% of your max willpower or endurance? If you're already doing something that has gotten your wp/end that low you're probably going to go right through the little bit the locket can give you anyways.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Inuad said:
    Eh, I'm not sure I agree. Even if your finisher doesn't bypass the immortality proc, you still have someone who is mangled/afflicted, prone, etc. Immortality would only give them back a small portion of health. You still have a very strong chance to finish them off.

It depends wildly upon the class that is using a damage-based finisher, of course. But for the typical disembowel setup, at least, the above would likely not be the case. By the time the Knight recovers balance from disembowel, the victim is likely to have cured the leg damage, stood up, have caught up on the afflictions by a large degree, and have balance (not to mention have a good chance to eat moss/drink health).

Given this, surviving the next hit is quite feasible (and not infrequent), as is fleeing to recover full health/mana before the 30 seconds are up.

This is, of course, not something classes which use instant-kill finishers need to worry about, which is my primary concern (not whether or not this item exists, that ship has sailed). Unless damage-based finishers bypass immortality, then this negatively affects class balance. Even if the effect is minor, it is unnecessary (and hopefully easily corrected, if not already the case).
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I'm unhappy about this promotion.

Because I wanted a Crown Sale.

My credit card is heaving a sigh of relief at avoiding abuse this month.

• Trey said:
    I'm under the impression that everyone railing hard against it saw the word 'immortality' and didn't bother to learn what the thing actually does.
    I disagree entirely.

It makes you practically immune to some classes 1v1.

• Maybe vs Runewarden after surviving a DSB with locket at lv20 with Lyre.

I'm a Runewarden. fk this thing
  • How rare are these proving? Anyone bought enough globes to have an idea?

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I know someone who bought roughly 80 globes or so and got 4-5. And another who bought 35 globes and got 2 shards.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Someone told me they got 20 globes and only 1 piece. Kind of terrifying.

I got a single globe as a little surprise, random gift, and got a shard in it and soooold it. Also got a middle globe piece. Was a very lucky globe.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I got 1 shard out of 10 globes.
  • Okay, not high enough for me to justify buying some more globes. This is probably a good thing. :confounded: 

• Valkyn said:
    Okay, not high enough for me to justify buying some more globes. This is probably a good thing. :confounded: 
    Yeah, I'd like a locket but I'm not interested in paying that much. Guess I'll wait until next month's promotion to see what comes up. I usually find myself preferring the ones with stuff that doesn't require assembly. A crown sale (and new items in the Shop of Wonders or bringing back some discontinued ones for another run - I need a sacrificial kris, damnit) would be brilliant.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

A crown sale is WAAAY overdue. The demand has been high for a while for people wanting crowns for what's already in the SoW. Add new items and they'll be bringing in the cash.

Side note: I'm horribly sick and somehow wrote "Add nude items" but luckily I caught it before posting. :expressionless: 

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I just want a pebble.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kris and jar pleaaaaaase.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Abused ferociously? You can only use the level 20 effect once a day, and from what I can tell it uses up the locket's power so you can't use the other things... or if you use the other things it uses up some power so you can't use the level 20 immortality. I honestly do not believe this item is as OP or game breaking as some people are making it out to be.

I think you are painting Jhui to be this really horrible player, and he's really not. Besides, if you're worried about Lord of the Crossing, he's not elegible to win it again.

• It's not going to cause problems.

You're being overly dramatic (as usual, it seems) for no reason. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Guys, stop humoring Daeir. He has proven relentlessly he has zero understanding of mechanics and their impact on the combat scene and is clearly refusing to read or not understanding the complete lack of impact this item will have in 99% of combat scenarios.

Let chicken little cry about the sky falling, we'll be inside laughing and playing the game.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• @Sarapis Sacrifical Kris Talisman set please... Then you can have my last pay check, which I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, made my knees weak when I read it. 
    I think re-introducing the sacrificial kris as a talisman set would be a huge money maker. I'm -really- lucky that as a novice I loved Lady Selene so much that I decided to spend everything I had to get it. Definitely the best thing I've ever invested in.

• edited August 2015
    Well if it's 1 out of 15 globes to find a shard, expect to invest $1379.94 for a level 20 locket (like ~3000cr worth??!!).

Shard's credit price IG is too low.
  • I mean if it's Twins or some big tournament it seems pretty easy to just say you're disqualified if you use the locket.

?????

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    what other promotional artefacts are there that have a pvp use? That pendant that teleports you to the bar? Not even sure if that -is- useable in fights like that
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• There are no other major tournaments except Twins and the combat rankings. Not that are run by the administration at any rate. Pretty sure both of those also take place inside arenas, and I thought the Announce post said the locket can't be used in the arena, so I don't think there's going to be an issue.
  • Honest question: if it's useless in PvP, why are people arguing for its retention?  Why not make it PvE only if, as people seem to be arguing, it is functionally useless elsewhere?
  • Tharvis said:
    what other promotional artefacts are there that have a pvp use? That pendant that teleports you to the bar? Not even sure if that -is- useable in fights like that
    I'ma bring my atlatls, Ugrach's scorpion, taug, locket, husks, eq gem, war veil, flagon, compass of the ranger, staff, 5 dmg pets, and just pound the ground with earthshaker while dcursing sensi during the next event and just watch everyone hopelessly die.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    It's on about the same level as using artefact pets to store corpses.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Mishgul said:
    It's on about the same level as using artefact pets to store corpses.
    Daeir said:
    Touche. Should probably do something about that.
    Corpses drop from artefact pets under certain circumstances

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Well the people who die with the locket will drop corpses too, but you can't hinder the pet from being moved back to a safe location, unless you like specificallly manage to sleeplock the person in question, before they can react.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Dochitha said:
    Well if it's 1 out of 15 globes to find a shard, expect to invest $1379.94 for a level 20 locket (like ~3000cr worth??!!).

Shard's credit price IG is too low.
    Except that's not how math works, cause you're getting value from the other 14/15 globes.
    Huh. Neat.