LUA Question

Quick question... well I hope it is quick.
Is there a script that I may add to Mudlet that will make me automatically leave my home if some one were to start a prism? And only work if I were in my home?
I know you will all say pay attention, but I was alt tabbed responding to an e-mail from my boss and some one tried to prism in on me. (poor timing on me) I was lucky to catch it in time... but yeah, would hate to miss something like that 

I don't have a good grasp on making my own scripts so I am asking here

I know there would need to be a do for and an if statement but I don't know how to script. Any help would be loved much :)

Comments

• You can upgrade your home to have no prism in a room. HELP HOUSING UPGRADE for 40 room credits.
  • Achimrst said:
    You can upgrade your home to have no prism in a room. HELP HOUSING UPGRADE for 40 room credits.
    right... If I only had the money for 40 room credits
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Daeir said:
    Shove this in a trigger with the prism line in it:

If gmcp.Room.Info.name == "A boring room. Please change this." then

for k, v in pairs(gmcp.Room.Info.exits) do
    send(k, false)
    return
    end
    end

You'll need GMCP enabled, and this will move you to the first exit available, which might be random per entry - not entirely sure.
    I think i ftfy but i am on my phone in a rocket to the moon atm and cant check

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    should be a GMCP indication if you're in a subdivision house, no? If you named the house?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I am not aware of GMCP indication of houses. Subdivision/wilderness yes, but not houses.
  • This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Trevize said:
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Or if a room has e/w exits, that will just move you out/back in :S
    Huh. Neat.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Ahmet said:
    Trevize said:
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Actually, the return prevents this issue by only using the first exit. 
  • edited August 2015
    Austere said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trevize said:
    I think he means a room where you go west, and the only exit is back east?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Austere said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trevize said:
    Derp, missed the return.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Your first picked exit might also be a locked door, so you won't actually get to move.
  • If it's your own house, I'd assume that you can unlock all doors, and there's an in-game config to automatically open (including unlocking) doors that are in the way when you try to move.