Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

LUA Question

Yazuki
Yazuki Member Posts: 21 ✭✭ - Stalwart
Quick question... well I hope it is quick.
Is there a script that I may add to Mudlet that will make me automatically leave my home if some one were to start a prism? And only work if I were in my home?
I know you will all say pay attention, but I was alt tabbed responding to an e-mail from my boss and some one tried to prism in on me. (poor timing on me) I was lucky to catch it in time... but yeah, would hate to miss something like that 

I don't have a good grasp on making my own scripts so I am asking here

I know there would need to be a do for and an if statement but I don't know how to script. Any help would be loved much :)

Comments

  • Achimrst
    Achimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can upgrade your home to have no prism in a room. HELP HOUSING UPGRADE for 40 room credits.
  • Yazuki
    Yazuki Member Posts: 21 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Achimrst said:
    You can upgrade your home to have no prism in a room. HELP HOUSING UPGRADE for 40 room credits.
    right... If I only had the money for 40 room credits
  • Mishgul
    Mishgul Trondheim, NorwayMember Posts: 5,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Shove this in a trigger with the prism line in it:

    If gmcp.Room.Info.name == "A boring room. Please change this." then

    for k, v in pairs(gmcp.Room.Info.exits) do
    send(k, false)
    return
    end
    end

    You'll need GMCP enabled, and this will move you to the first exit available, which might be random per entry - not entirely sure.
    I think i ftfy but i am on my phone in a rocket to the moon atm and cant check

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    Praxides
  • Tharvis
    Tharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!Member Posts: 3,107 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    should be a GMCP indication if you're in a subdivision house, no? If you named the house?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

  • Keneanung
    Keneanung Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I am not aware of GMCP indication of houses. Subdivision/wilderness yes, but not houses.
  • Trevize
    Trevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    Tharvis
  • Ahmet
    Ahmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Trevize said:
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Or if a room has e/w exits, that will just move you out/back in :S
    Huh. Neat.
  • Austere
    Austere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,376 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    Trevize said:
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Or if a room has e/w exits, that will just move you out/back in :S
    Actually, the return prevents this issue by only using the first exit. 
  • Trevize
    Trevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited August 2015
    Austere said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trevize said:
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Or if a room has e/w exits, that will just move you out/back in :S
    Actually, the return prevents this issue by only using the first exit. 
    I think he means a room where you go west, and the only exit is back east?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Ahmet
    Ahmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Austere said:
    Ahmet said:
    Trevize said:
    This is potentially dangerous for a few reasons. Not least that a prism is broken when you're not in the room when it completes. Moving alone doesn't break it. So if two people prism to you and you move once, then move back before the first completes/fails, it'll go through.
    Or if a room has e/w exits, that will just move you out/back in :S
    Actually, the return prevents this issue by only using the first exit. 
    Derp, missed the return.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Vadimuses
    Vadimuses Member Posts: 1,132 @ - Epic Achaean
    Your first picked exit might also be a locked door, so you won't actually get to move.
  • Antonius
    Antonius Member Posts: 5,040 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If it's your own house, I'd assume that you can unlock all doors, and there's an in-game config to automatically open (including unlocking) doors that are in the way when you try to move.
Sign In to Comment.