Bay Area, California

Comments

• Bart is under some construction this weekend across the bay, so prepare for a slight travel delay if you go that route.
  • edited August 2015
    Hyperlith said:
    Sarapis said:
    August 8th would work for me. Let's call it for that night!

Anyone have suggestions for a place? It should be in SF, and needs to be somewhere Zuko, who is under 21, can get into, but also absolutely has to be somewhere with booze. I think that makes a restaurant the way to go, perhaps with a nice bar in it.

Thoughts?
    Original Joe's, North Beach. I highly recommend a slice from Golden Boy for your post-funk revelry!

Perry's on the Embarcadero (across from the Ferry Building) has good eats and a bar (and good views of the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, lots of stuff to visit at Pier 1). Under a mile walk to AT&T Park (SF Giants), and Red's Java House isn't too far away for some bar crawling feels. Having a location near the Ferry Building may be a good idea for anyone traveling from north of the Golden Gate bridge (free to park at the Larkspur Ferry building and cheaper to get a ticket than pay for parking).

I will be a "maybe" and I can give one person a ride from Novato to the south. (We have family visiting and the usual issues with babysitting). Plan on an early exit if you do :D

Hey @Sarapis how about the Deuce or the Silver Peso? :awesome: 
    The Peso is the closest bar to my house, as you probably know! I also have to say, having spent a lot of time in that neighborhood when Sparkplay had an office there: Original Joe's is...not good. And overpriced for its not goodness.

• edited August 2015
    Can we get a rollcall? Who is coming? Then I'll pick a location. (This would be 6 pm, somewhere in San Francisco.)
  • I'm in.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I'm in (provided @Verrucht is in as he would be my ride)

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Sarapis said:

The Peso is the closest bar to my house, as you probably know! I also have to say, having spent a lot of time in that neighborhood when Sparkplay had an office there: Original Joe's is...not good. And overpriced for its not goodness.

Yeah, my bad. I was spit-balling restaurant < 21 year-old ideas. I know there are plenty of great options throughout the City.

I am a "maybe" for the rollcall. @Sarapis

• edited August 2015
    I'm a (Not going)--------------------X-------(Going)

But if Hyperlith goes its a 
           (Not going)-----------------------------X(Going)

His carpooling idea makes life easier.

@Hyperlith Whats the age for perry's? And do they have a full bar?
    Zuko said:

@Hyperlith Whats the age for perry's? And do they have a full bar?
    Perry's  let us bring kids under 1 year old in, so I think you'll be a-okay. Yes full bar, check the 'Wine list' portion of the menu for some of their specialty cocktails (if The Logos picks this place). :D

• Well so far we have exactly one person who is an unqualified yes - Rispok. We're not going to do it unless we have a group! 
  • I'm going. @Verrucht is going. @Kenway is going. They are all going. I'm going to make them. I will hunt them down.

•  I don't know, 6 seems kind of late to me. I usually get drunk in the morning so I can have a nice buzz at night, not to mention my schedule is weird and then I would have to drive out there... I really hate driving, and if I take the train it takes like an hour longer then if I just drove. I guess I could just get a taxi to take me, but I have to make sure that it's not a day someone decides they are sick on. Of course I can just say 'Yes, I am going' so that you at least get the semblance of a group and then not show up if you like. Does that sound fair?
  • edited August 2015

Sarapis said:
    Well so far we have exactly one person who is an unqualified yes - Rispok. We're not going to do it unless we have a group! 

Alright @Sarapis since you guilt tripped me with that comment, I'm going for sure! Might be running a bit late because kidnapping @Halos might prove to be a bit difficult since he goes to the gym and stuff, but ill be there.

@Hyperlith You still should come!
    @Hyperlith You still should come!
    In like Flynn! @Sarapis, 6:00pm @ where?

• Perry's seems like a decent compromise between price, location, and quality. Let's do it!

6 pm. It's in the Hotel Griffon on the Embarcadero between Howard and Mission.

So far I have, as definites, Rispok, Saeva, Hyperlith, and Zuko!

• Sarapis said:
    Perry's seems like a decent compromise between price, location, and quality. Let's do it!

6 pm. It's in the Hotel Griffon on the Embarcadero between Howard and Mission.

So far I have, as definites, Rispok, Saeva, Hyperlith, and Zuko!

Also @Kenway and myself.

• Great! See you guys at Perry's on Saturday at 6 pm.
  • Just fyi, I'm only going to be able to hang out for dinner and a little afterwards before bailing. Wife is quite sick.

See you tonight!
  • Awww, well sorry I'll miss you guys but I have important things to do tonight or I would consider showing up waving and saying hi.
  • Sarapis said:
    Just fyi, I'm only going to be able to hang out for dinner and a little afterwards before bailing. Wife is quite sick.

See you tonight!
    Smart is the man who creates an escape plan before he needs it.
  • Saeva said:
    Wise is the man who abandons not the ill stricken woman whose fury groweth with her strength each hour.
    Well, given that our 10 year anniversary of our first date (the anniversary we actually celebrate) was during the god's meet in Vegas, I'm already considering myself lucky to be alive.
  • Leaving now in case of traffic! See you guys there. I trust I've posted enough pictures that you know what I look like, but in case not I'm 5'9", jeans, purple tshirt, possibly a white sweatshirt over it, red Vans on my feet. Got reservations for 7 of us. See you there!
  • I'm the hippie looking person, probably.
  • Had a lovely time with you all. Apparently between the time I ran out with my card and put an extra hour on the meter, came back and put it into the wallet in my purse and then the time we left (about an hour), someone stole my wallet out of my purse and went and spent 500 bucks at a sunglasses boutique, 150 bucks at a sports apparel shop and 4 bucks at Starbucks. Fortunately it was simply disputed and the card is cancelled but anyone who ever lost a wallet knows the pain that is replacing all cards and IDs. Happy 30th birthday to me, I got pick pocketed! Each of you were really a delight though.

• edited August 2015
    Was fun meeting everyone! Enjoyable group of people. And @Saeva's step-daughter was totally adorable.

We'll do it again, maybe involving some kind of activity. Karate in the garage, for instance!

Also, I do have to shout out to @Zuko just for driving like 3 hours each way to go to dinner with us.

• Hehe thanks, @sarapis, she is a really great kid. I'm sure it's unconventional to bring a child to a group meet but @verrucht hooked her up with some baller activity books and she is just good natured so I'm glad she was able to charm. :)

• Was fun, lots of pictures were taken.

Unfortunately I forgot to take the lens cover off of my camera.
  • Saeva said:
    Apparently between the time I ran out with my card and put an extra hour on the meter, came back and put it into the wallet in my purse and then the time we left (about an hour), someone stole my wallet out of my purse and went and spent 500 bucks at a sunglasses boutique, 150 bucks at a sports apparel shop and 4 bucks at Starbucks. Fortunately it was simply disputed and the card is cancelled but anyone who ever lost a wallet knows the pain that is replacing all cards and IDs. Happy 30th birthday to me, I got pick pocketed! Each of you were really a delight though.
    Oi! I can't believe we didn't see it. I was sitting right next to your purse, aside from when I went to the bathroom. So sorry assholes like that are out there. 
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I hope your wife gets better soon @Sarapis! Please tell her I said hi. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• @Jurixe Thanks! She's still pretty ill. I'll pass along the thought when she's more coherent! :)