Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• Antonius said:
    Yes. They're considered levels of the same artefact type, just like a weapon would be.
    As a tangential question to that, if you upgrade customised wings, do you lose the customisation in the process and thus need to pay another 50 bound credits to re-customise?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited April 2015
    Sarathai said:
    Antonius said:
    Yes. They're considered levels of the same artefact type, just like a weapon would be.
    As a tangential question to that, if you upgrade customised wings, do you lose the customisation in the process and thus need to pay another 50 bound credits to re-customise?
    Nope, customisation remains. Have done it with rapier, wings, etc.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • So, I'm considering mana-based artifacts for my next upgrade/purchase, when I can collect the gold (something to aim for and help keep me motivated). I've narrowed it to two choices:

1) Upgrade. I have a level 1 mana regeneration ring that I could upgrade to a level 2.
    2) Purchase. I could wait until I can buy Robes of the Magi, which would cut 1/3 from mana usage in general.

Thoughts? Which option will be more useful, and in what situations?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    if you have a level 1 mana regen ring and a permanent moon tattoo, go for the robes
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Does anyone know how much the artefact cartographers desks reduce the decay of maps? If it's by half or something, they really don't seem worth it, but there's so few things that do more.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited June 2015
    Edit: Missed the word "artefact", nevermind.
  • @Sena not the gold ones, the 350cr artie ones. They say they slow decay as well as holding more maps.

• edited June 2015
    Yeah, realised that right before you posted. I also didn't know they slowed decay, I thought they just held more maps (that's all the announce post mentioned when they were released).
  • Cartographer's Desk: 350 credits - Holds up to 100 nautical maps. - Slows decay of maps stored within. (HELP SHIP ARTEFACTS)

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    I always assumed they were just basically Stasis desks
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• Yeah, that's all I was able to find out IG, people assuming stuff, no one knew for sure, I'd like to find out! Maps are so expensive, but it's not worth that many credits to hold more maps than there are harbours, and have them decay at half rate.

• Could always issue yourself and ask. 

• Kazu said:
    Could always issue yourself and ask. 
    I prefer not to bother admin except as a last resort, especially if I'm not likely to actually buy the item. The exception might be at a later date if it decay was say similar to the bait tank. I don't know why it doesn't stop them decaying entirely at that price.

• Quick question: bracers of frost let you freeze ground, right?
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Suladan said:
    Quick question: bracers of frost let you freeze ground, right?
    Quick answer: yep
  • wanting to pick up an artie as a serpent and want the most bang for my buck so to speak.  I'll be investing in a modest amount of credits and will be working up the rest IG, so I want to make it count.  I was thinking a defensive one since I'm soooo squishy, suggestions?
  • Do you want arties mainly for bashing or PvP?
  • Sena said:
    Do you want arties mainly for bashing or PvP?
    I'd like dual functionality if possible, but I am trying to break into pvp.
  • @Brean focus on lessons unless you already have. If that, I think Shield of Absorption is still one of the best even with the price increase... but you might have to check on that one. It certainly was amazing before.

• Offensively, the only thing that would be useful for both bashing and combat is dexterity, though it won't be nearly as cost-effective as focusing on one or the other (an artefact lash or crit pendant for bashing, dirk or bow for PvP).

For defence, SoA would be a good first choice either way, then a sip ring (or sip ring first if you can't quite afford an SoA). Con would be more useful than a sip ring for bashing, but not nearly as helpful in PvP (since most PvP damage scales with max health).

I'd recommend at least trans survival, fitness, and avoidance before any artefacts, if you don't have those yet.
  • The credit purchase will cover the skills with a bit left over, which was my plan. 800 credits made me wince for the SoA, thanks for the help guys! Lots of options to consider, appreciate it
  • edited August 2015
    If you're going to be saving up for a while in game anyway, look at Iron Elite. It's probably a cheaper way to get your lessons and credits if you have the patience.

Also the 'no brainer' lesson packages, if you've missed those.

• Sena said:

I'd recommend at least trans survival, fitness, and avoidance before any artefacts, if you don't have those yet.
    Just out of curiosity, why fitness?
  • Mostly for phase. It's also nice to have if you dash constantly (like if you have an autowalker that uses dash).
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sena said:
    Mostly for phase. It's also nice to have if you dash constantly (like if you have an autowalker that uses dash).
    Endurance drain for phase is negligible, unless you're spending hours a day phased, or evading through every room you move through. It's nothing compared to astralform/blackwind. Phase took hours to drain my endurance alone, back when I was at 15k with no fitness/arties.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Phase alone isn't a very fast drain, but as long as it outpaces your regen, all the other little endurance drains can add up pretty quickly. Maybe I use phase (when I play a serpent) more than most people though, even if it took 4 hours to drain all my endurance I'd still make fitness a pretty high priority.
  • You can never go wrong with sip rings or soa. They help pvp and pve. Artie lash for bashing, dirk or bow for pvp.

• 1v1: Dirk!
    Raid: Bow! This will get you more kills than anyone. 

Bashing: friends. Not arties.
  • How fast is Lv3 Longsword?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    How fast is Lv3 Longsword?
    SnB is capped at 1.9s according to Mak/Tecton

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten