anticipating multiclass combat

Comments

• I'll fix that for you : 
    Synbios: *faces Tahquil glumly* Uh, Tahquil.
    Tahquil: *gives a glare that possess the intensity of a thousand suns* Do you have ashes for me?
    Synbios: *scratching eldritch neck nervously* I know this sounds weird...but I think your obsession with bladen- no... no I don't have-
    Tahquil: Fuck off and don't talk to me unless you're bringing me ashes.

• @Tahquil: Don't go there, human! Don't spiral down the Bladename Dependency trap! Or you'll end up like this cat here:

• Synbios said:
    Tahquil said:
    Want priest. That's about all I care for. Maybe BM just to make swords over and over.

Synbios: *faces Tahquil glumly* Uh, Tahquil.
    Tahquil: *brightly returns the glare* Yes?
    Synbios: *scratching eldritch neck nervously* I know this sounds weird...but I think your obsession with bladenames is getting out of hand.
    Tahquil: What? Obsessed? *subtle eyebrow twitch* I'm not obsessed at all!
    Synbios: You've been forging blademaster swords and pestering blademasters for their ashes for the past few hours.
    Tahquil: *tilts head in what seems to be an innocent manner* Nonsense~ it's only a few tries. You know, until I get a cool name or something...
    Synbios's ocular receptors narrow, before pressing a button with a noodly appendage. Camera zooms out:

I hate that I know what that's from. Isn't that the one where the cocky dude who walks through dreams opens the secret door in the one girl's mind and shits his pants when he sees what's in there?

• Trey said:
    I hate that I know what that's from. Isn't that the one where the cocky dude who walks through dreams opens the secret door in the one girl's mind and shits his pants when he sees what's in there?

It's not. Google 'Unlimited Blade Works', @Trey.

• Trey said:
    You are not the bone of your sword.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Synbios said:
    Trey said:

It's not. Google 'Unlimited Blade Works', @Trey.
    What the fuck am I thinking of, then?

• @Trey: probably some obscure hentai. You lewd human, you.

• Sentinel/Serpent/Blademaster here..
    "Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair or beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
  • Are we getting Multi-class any time -SOON- ?

Please??
  • It's pretty much done, just waiting on the renaissance to finally be finished.
  • I vote it starts now and Ashtan gets additional motivation to quickly finish their renaissance.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Tecton Can we have a Great Hunt in honour of multiclass' release?

Specifically, one where you lot open up all those greathunt caves that count for exploration but aren't ever opened :angry: 

Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Amranu said:
    I vote it starts now and Ashtan gets additional motivation to quickly finish their renaissance.
    Yeah, cos Ashtan's been the cause of the delays....

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Klendathu I will apologise for how long hashan's renaissance took, but will also say the delay wasn't purely us. We were kept in the dark about 98% of the events that were going on and what they would lead up to, so we could not prepare-design. We were also told to sit down and wait for a while because (I assume) they were designing the sunderlands event, thinking of ways to spice up hashan a bit and release it from the foresty grip.
    It's only relatively recently we got in full swing again (around the start of May, house designs started end of May, and were concluded around the end of June)

I will give ashtan a tip, though, for their renaissance. Use Google Doc groups to centralize documents  and so you can see the live-edits everyone makes. It makes brainstorming all the more easier if you can chat in one window with the documents in another window, and visually show the others which changes you mean, without spamming the hell out of their chatboxes.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• While waiting for Hashan/other cities, surely Ashtan could have started on organizing, and I assume they did.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited July 2015
    I wouldn't know, Klendathu's just a scrub citizen. Dunn's probably got it all in hand, he's efficient like that :)

@Tharvis wasn't meant as a dig specifically at Hashan, more that it has taken a very very long time to get round to Ashtan

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Hasar said:
    While waiting for Hashan/other cities, surely Ashtan could have started on organizing, and I assume they did.
    probably, we started organising in.. october? While eleusis was nearing the end
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I'm going op classes like magi/L3 serpent if they don't get nerfed.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Runie/Bard/Sent pls. Might swap one of those second two out for serpent depending on how Cyrene's serpent density is effected by multiclass. But I'm predicting a damn fleet of 'em so doubt it. (also if I'm not allowed to be a sentinel I guess ): )

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Shaman/Jester/BM/Serpent/Magi!

Multi-class please...are we waiting into 2016?
  • I feel like the big question is still how stats/traits will work.

A ton of people want to have serpent as a multiclass, but now that you have to spec dexterity for it (and not for pretty much any other class), that might be less ideal than it seems, at least without spending a crazy amount of gem/tome credits.
  • They already have arties for that.
  • It's interesting to note that alchemist can work with balance classes more effectively than anything else due to traits. Most of the things an alchemist is going to use in PVP can't really be affected by intelligence. Could you imagine if tempering humours did -more- based on the intelligence of the person in question? Inundate would be absolutely insane as well. Only thing that seems affected directly by intelligence is Iron.

So in theory you could have things like alchemist/serpent or alchemist/knight, just put your points in the relevant stat and alchemist will do just fine as will your second class.
    Amranu said:
    They already have arties for that.
    Tael said:
    I feel like the big question is still how stats/traits will work.

A ton of people want to have serpent as a multiclass, but now that you have to spec dexterity for it (and not for pretty much any other class), that might be less ideal than it seems, at least without spending a crazy amount of gem/tome credits.
    @Amranu
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Don't need dex to snipe and phase, either.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Shirszae said:
    Dex affects phase time.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Dex affects phase time.
    I know. My point is that I think most people just want to be able to phase and snipe, instead of participating heavily into serpent combat.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Dex affects phase time.
    I know. My point is that I think most people just want to be able to phase and snipe, instead of participating heavily into serpent combat.
    Suppose so. Phase/evade for leif.
    Huh. Neat.
  • IsaiahIsaiah Georgia
    Has it been released how many classes we are going to be able to have or is it all purely speculation?

Eat like a caveman, train like a beast. Champions are not born, they are made. 

• Speculation afaik