Bay Area, California

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    A 3-hr drive to SF?! My god, I can drive more than halfway to L.A. in that amount of time...
  • Well I have no idea where to go that accommodates booze and under-21s. Anyone?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Pretty sure Jillian's by the Moscone allows under 21's.  Not terribly exciting but it does have a pool table, full bar etc.  Food is very meh, but the Freshroll next door is cheap and delicious.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Oh I just remembered I went to a pool hall awhile back on Geary that let my then underaged cousin in.  Would recommend it over Jillian's which is just in the touristy area.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/family-billiards-san-francisco?osq=billiard
  • That sounds like an option. One review says there's a real bar next door as well, so pit stops can be made.
  • Yes, please god, not Jillian's. It's not the tourist area to me - it's the convention area (as it's right across the street from the city's biggest convention space), and I am so sick of events held there - literally any convention at Moscone center will see some sort of event at Jillian's, usually multiple. 

Family Billiards works. I lived in that neighborhood when Achaea was launched, actually. The bonus with the neighborhood for us is it's very laidback and casual. No pretension, few to no hipsters, parking can be found (sort of) and it's an inexpensive neighborhood.

• I don't know. This was one of the hard parts I had with our little baby Kenway before. How are people even under 21 in this day and age? >.>

Anyhow, as long as I get tasty treats I'm a happy soul.

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    There are quite a few breweries that also function as restaurants. They've got pretty awesome food too. I'd suggest Southern Pacific Brewing (mostly 'cause my godbrothers work there) but there are plenty of other similar options. But still up for kicking some Achaean ass at some 9-ball

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Though might not have a full bar, still a viable option.

If no good locations are found, not a big deal. I can go to a future meet if need be. 

Just don't want you guys to go through a ton of trouble and then something comes up right before and I can't make it! I'll do my best though
  • @Zuko don't be crazy. 

• edited July 2015
    People who say San Jose is boring don't get there much. So there, @Sarapis!

• AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited July 2015
    Lisbethae said:

I live in San Jose and I actually have to agree with him. We need moar things that aren't people out here.

#traitor
  • Lisbethae said:

San Jose's not boring. Between the streetlights that mostly illuminate the road while leaving just a little bit to the imagination, the drivers who leave their turn signals on for miles at a stretch so you're never quite sure if they're actually trying to change lanes, and the inexplicable fact that I somehow manage to get lost every time I get off the freeway within the city limits (except going to the airport), excitement abounds! 
  • Eld said:
    Lisbethae said:

San Jose's not boring. Between the streetlights that mostly illuminate the road while leaving just a little bit to the imagination, the drivers who leave their turn signals on for miles at a stretch so you're never quite sure if they're actually trying to change lanes, and the inexplicable fact that I somehow manage to get lost every time I get off the freeway within the city limits (except going to the airport), excitement abounds! 
    This is exactly why I hate driving.....
  • No personal preference here.

Other options would be any restaurants with full bars that let 18+ in the dining area. 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Just age faster, Zuko

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Halos said:
    Just age faster, Zuko
    Or get a fake. Yes, I think I'll do that
  • ElazarElazar NC/Mhaldor
    Zuko said:
    Halos said:
    Just age faster, Zuko
    Or get a fake. Yes, I think I'll do that
    Just take your dads and say you benjaminan buttoned overnight
  • If anyone is coming from Sac, can I carpool? Pleeease? I've always been either busy, poor, or it's been too far away (i.e. Vegas, Vegas again, and anyplace that isn't CA).

I know I could do BART and all of that stuff, but that's a big pain and would like to avoid that if possible. I can drive w/license, but don't have a car to use right now. Would be willing to pay my way, too
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • edited July 2015
    Dortheron said:
    If anyone is coming from Sac, can I carpool? Pleeease? I've always been either busy, poor, or it's been too far away (i.e. Vegas, Vegas again, and anyplace that isn't CA).

I know I could do BART and all of that stuff, but that's a big pain and would like to avoid that if possible. I can drive w/license, but don't have a car to use right now. Would be willing to pay my way, too
    Is there somewhere I could meet you? Santa Rosa? Petaluma? Then drop you on my way back

Novato or worst case scenario, Vallejo? Preferably Novato so I dont get us lost.. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Sarapis said:

Family Billiards works. I lived in that neighborhood when Achaea was launched, actually. The bonus with the neighborhood for us is it's very laidback and casual. No pretension, few to no hipsters, parking can be found (sort of) and it's an inexpensive neighborhood.
    Also their sweet potato crosscut fries are delish
  • So.. Who all is at this point, planning to go? Looking forward it.

Doing my best to talk @Halos into joining us. 
  • I will attend. We should begin thinking of a time as well.
  • I'm still pretty positive I can be there.

• Saeva said:
    I'm still pretty positive I can be there.
    I'm pretty positive as well. I'll try my best. Earlier is better for me but I understand people have work..
  • Zuko said:
    Dortheron said:
    If anyone is coming from Sac, can I carpool? Pleeease? I've always been either busy, poor, or it's been too far away (i.e. Vegas, Vegas again, and anyplace that isn't CA).

Is there somewhere I could meet you? Santa Rosa? Petaluma? Then drop you on my way back

Novato or worst case scenario, Vallejo? Preferably Novato so I dont get us lost.. 
    Newp, none of those work. I would still have to find a ride (which I can't) or take the bus (which asking for a ride was to avoid public transportation).

Looks like I just won't go
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    edited July 2015
    Sarapis said:
    August 8th would work for me. Let's call it for that night!

Anyone have suggestions for a place? It should be in SF, and needs to be somewhere Zuko, who is under 21, can get into, but also absolutely has to be somewhere with booze. I think that makes a restaurant the way to go, perhaps with a nice bar in it.

Thoughts?
    Original Joe's, North Beach. I highly recommend a slice from Golden Boy for your post-funk revelry!

Perry's on the Embarcadero (across from the Ferry Building) has good eats and a bar (and good views of the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, lots of stuff to visit at Pier 1). Under a mile walk to AT&T Park (SF Giants), and Red's Java House isn't too far away for some bar crawling feels. Having a location near the Ferry Building may be a good idea for anyone traveling from north of the Golden Gate bridge (free to park at the Larkspur Ferry building and cheaper to get a ticket than pay for parking).

I will be a "maybe" and I can give one person a ride from Novato to the south. (We have family visiting and the usual issues with babysitting). Plan on an early exit if you do :D

Hey @Sarapis how about the Deuce or the Silver Peso? :awesome: 

• Yeah, I'm coming, mostly likely.

• We could use some sort of GroupMe or something with everyone in it. Time is of the Essence (Achaea deity pun)
  • Hyperlith said:
    Sarapis said:
    August 8th would work for me. Let's call it for that night!

Anyone have suggestions for a place? It should be in SF, and needs to be somewhere Zuko, who is under 21, can get into, but also absolutely has to be somewhere with booze. I think that makes a restaurant the way to go, perhaps with a nice bar in it.

Thoughts?
    Original Joe's, North Beach. I highly recommend a slice from Golden Boy for your post-funk revelry!

Perry's on the Embarcadero (across from the Ferry Building) has good eats and a bar (and good views of the Bay Bridge, Treasure Island, lots of stuff to visit at Pier 1). Under a mile walk to AT&T Park (SF Giants), and Red's Java House isn't too far away for some bar crawling feels. Having a location near the Ferry Building may be a good idea for anyone traveling from north of the Golden Gate bridge (free to park at the Larkspur Ferry building and cheaper to get a ticket than pay for parking).

I will be a "maybe" and I can give one person a ride from Novato to the south. (We have family visiting and the usual issues with babysitting). Plan on an early exit if you do :D

Hey @Sarapis how about the Deuce or the Silver Peso? :awesome: 
    I like the sound of Perry's and us carpooling :D