Mudlet rendering bullet points instead of spaces

When I use WHO with thirdeye up, some of the lines will have centered bullet points between the person's name and the room they are in, instead of spaces. Pretend asterisks are bullet points and it looks like:

Bill the Mhaldorian************(Bill's sweet house)

But this doesn't happen for every person in the list. I've changed fonts and it remains. I've tried copy pasting them out of the client to see if it's some other character that's not rendering, but it just pastes an empty string. What is going on here?

This is Mudlet v3.0 on Windows 7.

Comments

• This happens in every case where a person's full titled name is longer than 40 characters, and there are precisely as many ill-rendered characters as overflow. I can't do a raw capture right now for detailed analysis or confirmation, but I'd guess the server's sending ^H or other intended delete characters to back up over the overflow and fix the formatting, only in Mudlet (and a few other clients) it fails. It's a long-standing known issue, at least on the client's side of things.
  • Thanks! I just noticed that when I pasted it into notepad++ it renders a bunch of BS icons which I assume is the backspace character.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Fusco use WHO B instead!
    Huh. Neat.
  • You just changed my life. Please accept each of my many gratitudes.