Mudlet Mapper C++ Runtime Error

When I was doing commands like: goto 27789, it pops up a window forcing a close saying it's a C++ run time error...

How do I resolve this?

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited July 2015
    tagging relevant people for attention, names from the wiki

@Kard @Keneanung @Patrick @Qwindor @Wyd
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• showpath command also triggers the runtime error.
  • I think it could be due to the latest map update. Is there a way I can roll back to the previous map?
  • What Mudlet version? Which OS?
    it's apparently an error that happens to a few people, @Valentinus was speaking of people asking about it the mudlet clan

• Keneanung said:
    What Mudlet version? Which OS?
    Windows 8, Mudlet 2.1, Mapper 15.7.1.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Solution? Don't use crowdmap. :innocent: @Qwindor
    Huh. Neat.
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    Seems to be an intermitent problem that not everyone is having. I have had no issues with it which considering I use a much much much larger master map than the one that it uploaded for the crowdmap as of current should be causing an issue as well. I will check into it and see if I can replicate the error on my end. If all else fails i will redo the crowdmap update and see if that fixes the issue.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I was having it happen before, once or twice, and it just now happened again briefly after the update. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Keeps happening to me since the latest crowdmap update. So when I turn on my computer this is what I do to fix it...

1.) Uninstall Microsoft C++ Redistributable files from the Programs and Features thing in the Control Panel

2.) I  then reinstall the one I need from the Microsoft website here. You'll have to figure out which one is compatible for your system, though. That one works for me.

3.) When the installion is done you should be good to go! I never have to restart my computer to make it work.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Doesn't work for me!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I am getting the same error.
  • I can't even type 'goto eleusis' or 'goto thera 3' without it crashing every time. :cry: 
  • Wru fix.
  • I've had this issue consistently for the past year at least so my +1 for this goes in too.
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    As per @Ethoas's suggestion, I updated to mudlet 3.delta (new as of this Jan.) and all seems to work fine with the latest mapper update, and I was having the same crash issues otherwise.

If you try that method of getting the mapper to work, make sure you backup your mudlet profiles somewhere before uninstalling mudlet 2.1 and updating to mudlet 3.delta, as the transition ignored some of my scripts (might not happen to you, but better safe than sorry). Everything now works fine that I've imported them from the backup, and new client is pretty smooth compared to 2.1 and previous versions of mudlet 3.
  • edited July 2015
    Here is how I fixed it:

1) Do arealock and make sure to lock the first empty area of the list.
    2) Type mcon to open the map editing mode.
    3) Type lua (or vlua if using svo) vlua for key, val in pairs(getRooms()) do if tonumber(key) > 1000000 then expandAlias("room delete "..tostring(key)) end end
    4) Type mcoff to close the map editing mode.
    5) qq, save profile, close mudlet.
    6) Reload profile, move one room.
    7) Fixed.

• edited July 2015
    Updated to 3.0.0-delta. Saved my mudlet folder as mudlet.backup in C:\Users\username\.config and then uninstalled 2.1, installed 3.0.0-delta and renamed my folder back to mudlet. Seems to be working now.
  • Also, above fix was taken from @Ahmet! Credits go to him <3

• FenFen Snappy Snappy, Takey Takey
    edited July 2015
    Siduri said:
    Here is how I fixed it:

3) Type lua (or vlua if using svo) vlua for key, val in pairs(getRooms()) do if tonumber(key) > 1000000 then expandAlias("room delete "..tostring(key)) end end
    7) Fixed.
    EDIT:

Specifically for step 3, if you use SVO, type:

vlua for key, val in pairs(getRooms()) do if tonumber(key) > 1000000 then expandAlias("room delete "..tostring(key)) end end

It was confusing me, but through wonderful tech support from @Kasa I am LIBERATED!

Thanks all!
  • edited July 2015
    @Siduri @Ahmet Boom, solved! Thank you so much!

@Fen aye the line helped!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Yay, fixed the issue I was having too :) THanks all

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Siduri said:
    Here is how I fixed it:

7) Fixed.
    Step 3 doesn't work for me. I'm not using SVO. Just plain ordinary Mudlet. When I type:

lua vlua for key, val in pairs(getRooms()) do if tonumber(key) > 1000000 then expandAlias("room delete "..tostring(key)) end end

I get Achaea's standard "Brilliant! Dumb it down for me?". 

I also tried starting it lua for key, in case your second vlua was for svo people only...same result.

I am in Map editing mode...or at least so mudlet claims when I type mcon. I am not a coder, so maybe its obvious to everyone else but... what am I doing wrong?
    @Anaria vlua is the svo syntax to start a lua string.

try : 

lua for key, val in pairs(getRooms()) do if tonumber(key) > 1000000 then expandAlias("room delete "..tostring(key)) end end

• edited July 2015
    Apparently you need a package to be able to input lua commands via the command line. This package is available at: http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=100.

Once you install this package, Siduri's steps work perfectly. Thank you @Siduri.
  • ValentinusValentinus Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you, @Ahmet .  Thank you, @Siduri .

I take commissions.
  • I've started getting this error again since updating to the last version a couple of days ago.  I tried the method suggested by Siduri, but it just makes Mudlet crash.  Is it something that would be fixed by upgrading to Mudlet 3.0, @Qwindor - and what's the general stability of 3.0 like currently?