Mining and Legions

Comments

• edited July 2015
    You pay 1000 sovereigns and receive a squad of Manaran Miners.

#squadgoals
  • Oh god why do I have to be at work right now!!! Thanks for this, I'm really excited about it. Can't wait to dig in. Help file rocks. Puns unintentional. Too excited for full coherent sentences. MINING!!!!!1111
  • Silasinnium?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Still crying for my aspiring rank :(
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Still crying for my aspiring rank :(
    Nevermind. WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Sarapis the help file declines to say what wizards are very strong/strong against 

at least the one linked at the start of the post
  • Draekar said:
    Only one question so far. Can you dismiss squads from your legion or do I need to just go get them killed somewhere? I couldn't work it out or see if it is even an option.
    It doesn't seem like there is a syntax available to dismiss squads. I've already IDEA'd it in game, but I figure mentioning it here may also get some vision. I, for one, hired on waaaaaaaay too many miners.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Airtreia said:
    @Sarapis the help file declines to say what wizards are very strong/strong against 

at least the one linked at the start of the post
    Very strong vs. archers, strong vs. heavies.
  • While I'm at work, people? Jesus, now I bet I'll NEVER be able to afford to control one.
  • Confirming that the only legion members that require upkeep are miners. Also, do we have to pay upkeep of all of them or only ones that have been deployed?
    Can the rare boost things be seen in SEE STORAGE, or only once they've been delivered?
    Huh. Neat.
  • They show in SEE STORAGE.

• Silas said:
    Message #473        Sent by Achaea
    7/16/23:25 1 a round, purple gemstone and 190 coal was transferred from your mine to your inventory. This was after the local stronghold took a 5% tithe of 10 coal.

You're all going to be eating a little piece of me from now on. B)
    Message #28229      Sent by Achaea
    7/17/2:00 1 a pale green gemstone and 130 iron ore was transferred from your mine to your inventory. This was after the local stronghold took a 5% tithe of 6 iron ore.

So is this how it works?
  • edited July 2015
    Message #28224      Sent by Achaea
    7/17/1:39 1 a strange yellow mineral and 130 iron ore was transferred from your mine to your inventory. This was after the local stronghold took a 5% tithe of 6 iron ore.

Nom nom nom :) do these poof? or can I save it for when I can use it?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    So jelly.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • On the note of my previous comment, a summary of the upkeep costs would be lovely if we don't get a message normally.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Greys said:
    Confirming that the only legion members that require upkeep are miners. Also, do we have to pay upkeep of all of them or only ones that have been deployed?
    By my calculation only the ones who have been deployed are being paid.

• @Skye Thanks!
    Answering my own question, you -can- see the specials, and I got the opalescent one! Yay!
    Huh. Neat.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I.. need to hunt more for gold every day now.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited July 2015
    I know nothing about economics, so...right now I am just praying that the issues @Atalkez mentioned are resolved at some point and that the prices and availability will stabilize after the initial rush. Because in theory I love this idea and I squee'ed the whole way home from work, but in practice, holy hell, it is carnage.
  • edited July 2015
    Sarapis said:
    the less often you claim, the juicier potential target you offer to others.
    I don't see it mentioned in the help file, is there a way (other than owning the stronghold) to see when someone last claimed or how much is in their storage?
    @Sarapis @Tecton is it whoever mines it first, or whoever claims it first? In other words, can I safely go to sleep tonight or am I going to the nearest convenience store and buying two of the largest red bulls they have?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Also, it would be nice to have the ability to UPGRADE MINE.

Unless I'm mistaken, if you put a small mine you have no way to later change it without losing the mine via no gold, or mining it out.

Also I idea'd these in game but:

5593h 4573m 100%e 100%w 0 Sanya 6.4   23:48:45.789  
    Idea #   : 1103
    Filed by : Atalkez.
    Filed on : 2015/07/16 23:57:01
    Approved : NO
    Idea text:
    Add a MINES LIST that will list all of your open/active mines and their room location for ease of
    use/lookup for multiple mines
    5593h 4573m 100%e 100%w 0 Sanya 6.4   23:48:45.853  
    Idea #   : 1176
    Filed by : Atalkez.
    Filed on : 2015/07/17 03:37:45
    Approved : NO
    Idea text:
    MINE INFO - Shows you how many miners/soldier you have in the mine as compared to the maximum. Only
    available while INSIDE the mine

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Sarapis @Tecton is it whoever mines it first, or whoever claims it first? In other words, can I safely go to sleep tonight or am I going to the nearest convenience store and buying two of the largest red bulls they have?

Not sure what your concern is. There are only two people that even have a chance of taking a mine from you, and their soldiers are being used to defend their mines.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Ahmet said:
    Whoever mines it!