Invalid name?

edited December 2012 in North of Thera
Not sure where to put this but I was trying to use a name and it says Invalid but I picked a different name and see if the name was taken which it wasn't. I asked romeo if there is a denizen that's named Thrax and he said he doesn't know. So what give's on not having a name like Thrax if you don't mind me asking?

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Hi Venge!

There is a denizen named Thrax, making the name unavailable to players. I hope this answers your question!

• I see, thanks for the answer :)
  • a good check would be to do HONOURS THRAX or TELL THRAX <something>.
  • Yen said:
    Tecton said:
    There is a denizen named Thrax, making the name unavailable to players. I hope this answers your question!

There is a player named Ormyrr.  That didn't stop the denizens from taking it!
    If a denizen can one-shot most players, handle well-known fighters with relative ease and help send a damned city sinking into the sea, then by Sartan, they sure as hell can!
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Let's not forget Trenia.
  • edited December 2012
    I did do a honours and it said there's no such person.

• Yen said:
    Tecton said:

There is a player named Ormyrr.  That didn't stop the denizens from taking it!
    And it appears that player is pretty old, from long before this event. Did the admin just steal the name because it sounded so cool, or is there some other meaning or significance behind it that would explain how both parties came to this name on their own?
  • XerXer Langley
    Ormyrr are a Dungeon and Dragons kind of thing. I play it on 24 Hours Games night with all the other nerds >.> http://www.lomion.de/cmm/ormyrr.php

That's probably where both the player, and the admin got the idea haha.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I wish Achaea had an Achaean Name Generator on the site and when creating a Character IG...
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2012
    http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/

eta: easier solution
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Daeir said:
    I know a few other people do the same thing, which makes their alts easy to pick out as well.
    I do the same thing with most of my characters, does it make my alts obvious?
  • Naming is an art. Many ways to go about it.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Jonathin said:
    I tried that a lot with my other rpg characters, so far I found pretty good ones.
  • There's my method. Smash the keyboard and rearrange things until it's pronounceable.
  • It might seem strange, but CAPTCHA is useful for generating lots of words and not-quite-a-words.
  • Rispok said:
    There's my method. Smash the keyboard and rearrange things until it's pronounceable.

A friend of mine did this for an RPG we used to play and ended up with Kdhaer. It ended up being his go-to gaming name.