July Globes Promotion

Comments

• @Tecton, @Sarapis : Please release new figurines before I have to leave! (21 hourse to go.)
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal Ogre's Gauntlets!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2745 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 26 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken 
    vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a free trait reset!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 315 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 19 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken 
    vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 15 credits!
    You have been awarded with a right horn strap talisman piece! <-I ALREADY HAVE A FEW OF THESE, GDI
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 450 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 22 sileris berries, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken 
    vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3645 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 21 ginseng roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a translucent glass case! <-Han-Tolneth
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3915 gold 
    sovereigns, a group of 34 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken 
    vial!
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • where are the new figurines... every week they said.. it's been more than a week!

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    At this rate it seems like it'd be every 2 weeks like they typically do with the crated minipets.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• edited July 2015
    Battle figurines! These are a fun new addition that will come to life and battle it out for your enjoyment. We'll be rotating these collectible figurines out weekly over the month, so make sure you get in quick to claim the first two: Pazuzu and Han-Tolneth! 

We'll be rotating these collectible figurines out weekly over the month,

weekly

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    is it really that bad it takes them a bit longer to design new figurines? To me, that just means they're putting extra thought into their unique flavour messages. Sure, the weekly promise may have been a bit optimistic, but it's very easy to underestimate a creative batch of work like that on a timetable.
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    They should be out today, we'll likely do the second set today, and then the final two on the 20th.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm

We'll be rotating these collectible figurines out weakly over the month

FTFY

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Tecton : Can we have Phaestus and Babel figurines?
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    But then that would not fit the theme!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Ruth said:
    But then that would not fit the theme!
    @Ruth , okay, I'll bite: A Sartan wind-up with turbo-fists against Babel with a Chaos Slime shooter. WHO WILL WIN?!?!?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    10/10 would purchase

edited July 2015
    Okay in the latest set of 15... I got...

2 ice figurines, 212 credits, 2 glass cases (both Gruul), 1 vial of lucky (6 sips) and 3 talisman pieces on top of the usual gold/comms/herbs

Majority of them opened into credits. Not sure if it's just my luck or what, but feels a little bit underwhelming compared to my first batch of globes.

ETA: At the risk of sounding greedy, yes I'm aware that I still technically got my money's worth since 200 creds is priced at 70USD. But I buy globes for the cool shit, man :(

• I know I sound very needy, and I am! I'm very excited about these figurines. I'm a little disappointed there is only going to be six instead of the projected eight but then again it means I'll be saving a bit of money!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    MY RAINBOW IS ALMOST COMPLETE
    Huh. Neat.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Antonius said:
    What theme?
    Historical figures of Achaea!
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

MY RAINBOW IS COMPLETE.

BOW DOWN TO THE THUNDER THAT IS MY FLOCK.

Looking like nothing so much as a dragon in miniature, this diminutive lizard has a noble presence 

that transforms a potential slight into a tribute to those majestic beings. Comparable in stature to 

a small hawk, his wiry body is well-suited to the flight implied by the broad wings that flare from 

his shoulder blades. A pale silver lighter than his shining, argent hide, the appendages spread to a 

length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones overlaid with an almost 

translucent membrane. An elongated, sinuous neck rises from the apogee of his torso, supporting a 

wedged head which features narrow, slit-pupil eyes that silently express the inherently predatory 

nature of this beast. The collection of teeth in his maw and claws at the apex of his small forearms 

and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message. He is called 'Vasty.'

A winged lizard of shimmering silver looks relatively helpless.

He has 100% health remaining.

He weighs about 9 pounds.

He is loyal to Ahmet.

A winged lizard of shimmering silver is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

Looking like nothing so much as a dragon in miniature, this diminutive lizard has a noble presence 

that transforms a potential slight into a tribute to those majestic beings. Comparable in stature to 

a small hawk, his wiry body is well-suited to the flight implied by the broad wings that flare from 

his shoulder blades. A shade of grey slightly lighter than the midnight depths of his hide, the 

appendages spread to a length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones 

overlaid with an almost translucent membrane. An elongated, sinuous neck rises from the apogee of his 

torso, supporting a wedged head which features narrow, slit-pupil eyes that silently express the 

inherently predatory nature of this beast. The collection of teeth in his maw and claws at the apex 

of his small forearms and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message. He is called 

'Twilly.'

A winged lizard of midnight black looks relatively helpless.

He is loyal to Ahmet.

A winged lizard of midnight black is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

his shoulder blades. A slightly lighter gold than his brilliant, aureate hide, the appendages spread 

to a length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones overlaid with an almost 

translucent membrane. An elongated, sinuous neck rises from the apogee of his torso, supporting a 

wedged head which features narrow, slit-pupil eyes that silently express the inherently predatory 

nature of this beast. The collection of teeth in his maw and claws at the apex of his small forearms 

and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message. He is called 'Deucy.'

A winged lizard of golden hue looks relatively helpless.

He is loyal to Ahmet.

A winged lizard of golden hue is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

his shoulder blades. A slightly lighter green than his verdant, emerald hide, the appendages spread 

to a length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones overlaid with an almost 

and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message. He is called 'Lupy.'

A winged lizard of verdant green looks relatively helpless.

He is loyal to Ahmet.

A winged lizard of verdant green is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

his shoulder blades. A slightly lighter red than his vibrant, crimson hide, the appendages spread to 

a length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones overlaid with an almost 

and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message. He is called 'Phy.'

A winged lizard of vibrant crimson looks relatively helpless.

He is loyal to Ahmet.

A winged lizard of vibrant crimson is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

his shoulder blades. A slightly lighter blue than his brilliant, azure hide, the appendages spread to 

a length twice that of his body and are composed of thin, delicate bones overlaid with an almost 

and powerful back legs only serve to underline that message. He is called 'Caspy.'

A winged lizard of brilliant azure looks relatively helpless.

He is loyal to Ahmet.

A winged lizard of brilliant azure is holding:

Nothing.

It will reset to you.

Huh. Neat.
  • @Ahmet

Amusing names.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    @Ahmet

Amusing names.
    Figure someone would like them!
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited July 2015
    @Tecton : Out of curiousity do the contents of a globe settle when they are brought or when they are opened?

Example : I got the two figurines which were the only things I were chasing within the first 6 of my globes that I opened. If I hold to the rest and open them after the 20th(or next release date) will any figurines coming out of them be the next set, or will the figurines still be only Gruul and Yen?
    Tecton said:
    They should be out today, we'll likely do the second set today, and then the final two on the 20th.
    Can the next set have a female one, please?  o:)

Tahquil said:
    @Tecton : Out of curiousity do the contents of a globe settle when they are brought or when they are opened?

Example : I got the two figurines which were the only things I were chasing within the first 6 of my globes that I opened. If I hold to the rest and open them after the 20th(or next release date) will any figurines coming out of them be the next set, or will the figurines still be only Gruul and Yen?
    Their contents are generated when the globe is opened.
    @Tecton @Sarapis -- will we eventually be able to customise these battle figurines? The @Seragorn fan club needs one, it's important. Complete with his bunny outfit. He will obviously win all the battles. Other than that, I could think of some denizens I'd have fun using in battles... like Tharos and Ugrach's scorpion Doodles.

• Highly unlikely you'll be able to customize them. 
    No plans to allow any customisation, no - sorry!
  • TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    Best guess I've heard so far for the final set was @Halos with Lucaine vs Lucius.

and while I'll cede she isn't quite warrior-status-historical figure, would personally love to see Enheduanna vs. ???????

• Catarine + Slith
    nono, Catarin (armed with staff and surprise fork) vs Trenton Deis

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Would buy Catarin figurine like whoa. Lucaine and Trenton too.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby