2 Handed Knight LimbCounter

edited June 2015 in Tech Support
This is the limb counter I made for myself with some help from @Jaybles .  It is not completely finished just missing the trigger lines for Devastates to count them as Breaks and just needs a few refining touches.  I am looking at finishing it now that I have the time but figured I would share it.  I can only vouch for its accuracy with 2 handed weapons.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pqmqtezlqz115s/2 handed Knight limbcounter(incomplete).trigger.xml.xml?dl=0

Free no charge.

Edit: you will need to modify the scripts of course.  go to the bottom and look for the damage values for Bastard and Hammer all the way down.  the default are based on a forged bastard and l1 artie hammer.

Comments

• Any refinement ideas you have or wish to see please post them.  I am currently on recoding the echo that shows limb health to be.. easier to read.  Which reminds me..

The order of Limb Health reads as follows:  Head|Torso|left arm\right arm|left leg|right leg
    It resets the limb health on a successful break. As stated I still need to add Devastate lines for this. Will have time to do so this week.

• I'll try it out. MSG you in game.
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• edited June 2015
    That works too. When I get home later on I will try to get a spar so I can get the devastate lines for both hammer and Bastard Sword to add in so that it knows to count breaks in those cases.  I will then update the file in the Dropbox. Would I need to relink if I do that or will the original stay in tact?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    By devastation lines, you mean these?

Lvl1:  Bracing your feet, you launch a devastating slash at the (legs|arms) of (\w+), delivering a glancing blow.

Lvl2: You whip (.*) in a vicious arc, hewing savagely into the (legs|arms) of (\w+).

Lvl3: Adjusting your footing, you unleash a horrific slash at the (legs|arms) of (\w+), cleaving flesh and shattering bone in a savage display of your supremacy.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• @Makaela As long as the filename is the same, and it's in the same folder, the Dropbox link shouldn't need to be updated.
  • @Shirszae I think those may be them. Not 100% sure but certain enough I will add them in and test when I get the chance to get in game next.

@Antonius Ah good to know. Not used to sharing my files so was uncertain how that all worked

• edited June 2015
    Ok the file has been updated with the lines provided by @Shirszae

I was not able to find a sparring partner to double check it however.  The new trigger is Devastate breaks.  Again this will reset thier limb back to max health until I find a better way to handle that.

Edit: So if you want accuracy after a break... Prolly best to beat on head or torso until you are sure they cured legs/arms

• Do not update the limbcounter if you have not already.. after testing I managed to break it. Working on a fix as soon as I get back from work.

• You rock, looking forward to the updated fix.
  • Might be a few more hours... Work is wanting me to stay late. I have a few ideas on what I did wrong when I made the update though.  Will know for sure when I can look at the code again :)

• edited June 2015
    Ok got it back to a workable state. It is still missing a few devastate lines.  Post here if any bugs or hiccups or anything just stops working.
    Also noted I forgot to tell you all to edit the assess trigger to use your target Variable. Mine is included plus the targeting function I use.
    tar <name>  Notice no caps in tar.  will set my target variable to your target. You can feel free to remove this and edit the assess trigger or keep it.

@Mosr and I was right it was something stupidly obvious... like so obvious I feel really stupid for missing it

• edited June 2015
    Ready to go then? I'd love to test it out. What devastate lines you need?
  • edited June 2015
    @Noak
    I am still looking to get a few hammer and double checking the ones I have for Bastard sword.

But yes it is ready to go. Again anything you want to see done to it for clarity just let me know. Sorry been crazy with work so have not had alot of time to log on.

• Ok turns out I was wrong about not having all of the hammer lines. They are in fact all there no new updates posted as of yet.  Any suggestions on how to make this easier for others to use please post in this topic and I will do my best to work on it!.  

Discovered I had all the lines when I retested today in an attempt to line grab.  I will double check bastard sword once I get a new one made. However I believe I have all of those.

• Ok @Noak notified me he was still suffering bugs I had already fixed.  For some reason Dropbox did not properly sink up with the folder on my computer. I have fixed this problem.  Just grab the updated file.

Keep in mind you need to both set the target using my Targeter which is included. Or you need to modify the scripts and triggers that call that variable to match the variable you use for targeting.

Then you must assess your target.  Then the numbers and tracking should function properly.

Fairly certain the assess trigger is the only one that checks for the assessed person being the Target.  in this case get_target()

if you decide to use the Targeting alias I included you simply:

tar person  <--- note no caps in tar

• edited July 2015
    Makaela said:
    Ok @Noak notified me he was still suffering bugs I had already fixed.  For some reason Dropbox did not properly sink up with the folder on my computer. I have fixed this problem.  Just grab the updated file.

Keep in mind you need to both set the target using my Targeter which is included. Or you need to modify the scripts and triggers that call that variable to match the variable you use for targeting.

Then you must assess your target.  Then the numbers and tracking should function properly.

Fairly certain the assess trigger is the only one that checks for the assessed person being the Target.  in this case get_target()

if you decide to use the Targeting alias I included you simply:

tar person  <--- note no caps in tar

You also have to fix the trigger lines for weapons unless you're using the same crafted ones that Makaela is.

• Changed the trigger lines to be less dependent on specific weapon style.   Although you do still need to check the script for the weapons actual damage stat based on if using a forged or Artefact weapon.

Also everyone @Noak is suffering issues that I can not replicate on my end with the devastate lines or generic breaks not resetting limbs properly. I did not an anomaly in the text log he sent which might explain it.  However I asked him for more logs in HTML on https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin just to be sure.  If anyone else is having issues please notify me either in this thread or via pm. I can't fix issues I am unaware of.

• edited July 2015
    Script updated again. I was correct in what I thought the error was. I still have the old echo functions saved to my profile and the function that resets limbs calls on that before resetting the limb health.  I updated it to use the new echo function included. Should work now @Noak  If you determine the echo is to spammy just got into:
    Scripts > Raven Limb Counter >2handed knight LimbTracker Script

look for 

function opponent_limb_hit(limb, damage)

opponentLimbs[limb] = opponentLimbs[limb] - damage

if opponentLimbs[limb] <= 0 then

recho(string.format("%s broken!", limb))

opponentLimbs[limb] = limb_health(opponent_max_health)

end

end

and remove the echo.  

Edit:Apologies for that hiccup... When I was converting everything over to a blank profile I missed that one function rename.

• Ok So I am working on a better way to present the Limb information.  The only option I really see as feasible would be to move it to a gui element. However where would be a good place to put it so that it does not interefere with anyone elses layouts?

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Drop it in a geyser container, then let people position it as needed. 
  • Ok So today once I get done with all my errands. I am working on adding options to move the Limb info to Svo and Wundersys Prompts. Then I will start on a geyser container. Never did one before.

Also temporarily respecing my knight to start on a limb counter for another spec. Now that I have this one just in the touch up phase.

• edited July 2015
    Ok thanks to @Kasa and his helping me understand how wundersys and SVO use prompt tags I have updated my script to include options for this.

You can manualy disable the echo Tracker by going to Triggers>Raven 2hand Limbtracker>Raven Limbs   De-activate this trigger
    Also the new aliases:
    tfrl disables that same trigger
    tnrl re-enables it

to make use of the Prompt limb tracking (only works for limb health not fractures yet)
    for Wundersys:
    Go to scripts>Raven Limb Counter>Wundersys Prompt tags  activate this script
    go to your settings and add @lcTagto where they want in their prompt

for Svo:
    Go to scripts>Raven Limb Counter>add_svo_tag.  activate this script
     Type vconfig2 and click on view. This will both show you your current customprompt as it is assembled with tags, and insert it into your command line so you can easily adjust 
    add @lcTag anywhere you want it in here and press Enter.

Geyser window coming Soon (tm)  

Really wish I could update my OP with a change log >.>

• Of course feel free to remove the script for the system(s) you do not use