Thoughts on learning skills from denizens and should i change city?

Just wondering peoples thoughts on perhaps raising the amount in a skill that the starting denizen can train people in?  I think that this will help people stay in the smaller populated cities longer as they are less reliant on advancing ranks

My issue really is that I have no access to a trainer as the city population is small so its taking a long time to get someone to assess and pass/fail me needed to get access to my house trainer. I know i should be more patient but hunting is difficult due to my miss rate and i cant find anyone of a similar class willing to teach me so i spend my time loitering essentially and chat isn't too active. Should I look at changing to a city with higher pop if this continues to be an issue? and if so does a stigma exist?  (e.g. move to cyrene  as i've heard its pop is massive)  

Comments

• Guild trainers can train to Trans.

• PraxidesPraxides Kansas, USA
    Makaela said:
    Guild trainers can train to Trans.
    Most houses don't let you in as a novice without a mentor or full-member present, so that doesn't really help in the case of someone who is just finished learning from the city tutor, especially if they can't find someone in their house to give them a test to begin with.
  • Makaela said:
    Guild trainers can train to Trans.
    That is the issue, I don't have access to a guild/house trainer
  • Its also not that hard to get to GR3 in any of the houses.  Which is when most houses let you in to the house hall. 

• You know I meant HR >.> even though I still call them Guilds in my head XD

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Makaela said:
    Its also not that hard to get to HR3 in any of the houses.  Which is when most houses let you in to the house hall. 
    Obviously you haven't played in some of the lower pop houses *cough*Ashura*cough*
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Obla try using the market channel or checking CLASSWHO to look for a tutor outside your city if you're having trouble. Also I think from memory Tyrandiel in Thera can teach a bit higher than the other denizen tutors. Maybe? It's been a while!

• Valkyn said:
    Obla try using the market channel or checking CLASSWHO to look for a tutor outside your city if you're having trouble. Also I think from memory Tyrandiel in Thera can teach a bit higher than the other denizen tutors. Maybe? It's been a while!
    Per HELP TUTOR you can learn your class skills up to the level of Skilled (which is skillrank 6 of 12) from city tutors (Aine, Cazin, Damaris, Epicurus, Indalecio, Maric), and up to Virtuoso (skillrank 9 of 12) from general tutors (Tenobob, Tyrandiel, Onorol, Maelstrom, Nehuen).
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    You'd think that would be opposite since city tutors ought to be benefiting their own citizens more.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yeah it seems weird. They should be the same at the very least. Worth putting it in as an Idea, I'll do it when I log in later.
  • most likely left over from Guilds -> Houses. Makes sense for City Tutors to teach less to encourage interaction with Guilds to get fully trans, less so when everyone and their pet bonobo can learn from general tutors up to Virtuoso

Tangent: I want a pet bonobo now
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • Dortheron said:
    most likely left over from Guilds -> Houses.
    The limits on learning from denizens were put in more than 4 years after autoclass/houses, mostly to give an extra incentive to join a house.

Initially all non-house tutors could teach to virtuoso, I'm not sure when city tutors were further nerfed to only teach to skilled. I can't find it announced anywhere, and thus I'm also not sure of the reason for the change.