Serpent Spec

Hey all,

new serpent here was just wonder what race spec to take as i've just started?
I'm a mhun and im tossing up between con focus or dex focus? if i take a con focus it will lower my dex which affects my attacks correct?

Comments

• hm not sure how to edit but should I also just concentrate on subterfuge do I need to worry about venom?
  • Great questions to ask in game. Look to join a house or city and fire away. Also if you can't log on at the moment, the serpent section has threads that address this issue. 

Quick answer: Con helps you survive Dex helps you attack. I would suggest con until you are ready to pvp. 

Subterfuge affects garrote damage. Learn 20 venoms to get sumac (for things that shield). Learn subterfuge afterwards. You need subterfuge more than venoms at the moment.
  • Spec dexterity, there's really no other option. Dexterity directly boosts your hunting speed and later combat ability where spec'ing con actually slows you down.

Learn Subterfuge until trans, generally, then other skills (picking up selfishness in survival can be nice). You do not need anything in venom until later, you get a battlerage skill early to break shields.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jarrod said:
    Spec dexterity, there's really no other option. Dexterity directly boosts your hunting speed and later combat ability where spec'ing con actually slows you down.

Learn Subterfuge until trans, generally, then other skills (picking up selfishness in survival can be nice). You do not need anything in venom until later, you get a battlerage skill early to break shields.
    If you send "kill target" instead of "bite target" while not wielding a whip, you don't have to secrete sumac or camus and I am fairly sure both go through shield.
  • I'd rather just c/p a battlerage trigger to auto-use on shield and garrote because it's very, very significantly better.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Is 15 dex still good for serpent combat? Is 16 dex significantly better?
  • It's .1s better for dstabs, unless you have a level 3 dirk in which case 15->16 will only make a difference for bashing, flay, phase, etc.
  • You can also just flay denizen shields, since they can only shield once every 10 seconds now, as opposed to shield spamming until they get bored/die. Flay is really fast, and lets you conserve rage for more damage, being that rage attacks are generally superior to bashing ones.