It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Hi all! I
understand that a question like this must be one of the most asked on the
forum, but after reading dozens of similar ones I couldn't find a thread that
is both up to date and has the same searching conditions that I have. So here
it goes - please advise me a solid class to put time and effort in that would:
- be versatile and deep enough in PvP for me to both learn the basics in the beginning and to uncover or maybe even invent new strategies later on when I practice and understand things better;
- to be preferably defense-based. What I mean here is that I usually like to play defensively and prefer to counter opponents offence and riposte rather than rushing at him trying to suppress with offence. So defensive and control potential of the class is a big plus;
- it's great if the class has some utility, both non-combat and group combat, but I prefer to be more secure when isolated (being able to survive and retreat if outnumbered is a plus too) rather than to be essential in a group combat;
- Class shouldn't seriously hinder me in bashing on the other hand. It doesn't really have to be swift bashing of an unstoppable killing machine, but solid enough to do it on a constant basis without me getting bored of down times or hit-and-runs;
- I would prefer to stay away from good/evil-centric classes/cities, but it's not a must.
If a class I described exists, please also advise me a nice active house while we're at it - I have tried several houses in several cities before and it's discouraging to always see 1-2 house members online during my play time (that is CET +3, evening past 8pm or so). Thank you in advance!