Yeehaw, the continent of North America.

Comments

• With weddings and such going on I am still planning my itinerary for July. (Yes I know leaving it a bit late). Hopefully all will be set in 2 days.

Note: Age restriction on being dressed up like a Disney Princess is 12 years old :(
  • Sarapis said:
    As a born and raised Floridian I can say that it is indeed the best place in the States to visit. See _FloridaMan on twitter for more details. 

PS, it really is nice though if you go to the right areas and clean, nice beaches are all that you want. I live by Siesta Key, usually ranked as the #1 beach but always top 3 (out of everywhere), and it is just beautiful here. I'd do the theme parks, but only once because there is so much trash to be had there these days and it can be a zoo. 
  • If you end up going to Chattanooga, @Aerek should take you to the Jack Daniels distillery. Iconic!
    I wanna go!

• I also endorse Siesta Key. Best beach in the U.S.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Saeva said:
    If you end up going to Chattanooga, @Aerek should take you to the Jack Daniels distillery. Iconic!
    I wanna go!
    As a Jack man, this hurts to say, but Kentucky bourbon distilleries are better. You can get pretty drunk on the samples alone.  Doing the bourbon trail is a blast and if you live close enough, I recommend doing the bourbon ambassador thing at Makers Mark.  My parents get free stuff all the time and invites to special shindigs at least once a  year. 
  • Rohai said:
    I also endorse Siesta Key. Best beach in the U.S.
    I have to vote for Hanalei, on the north shore of Kauai for best beach. The sand itself isn't quite as nice as white sand beaches, but the setting is incomparable, and there are no buildings over 2 stories, or within 100 meters of the beach.

• Fair enough- best beach in CONUS!
  • Saeva said:
    If you end up going to Chattanooga, @Aerek should take you to the Jack Daniels distillery. Iconic!
    I wanna go!
    Shit if she goes to Chattanooga, -I'll- take her to the damn distillery. Any excuse to go, really.

• Oh, I 100% prefer Kentucky Bourbon, but Jack is such a world wide icon! It's a must. So awesome!

• I don't drink bourbon but looks like I'm heading to Ooga-Chuka!

(I have no idea how to pronounce Chattanooga so every time I think of this)
  • Cha-ta-noo-ga

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Lynchburg's about 2 hours drive from me and probably 4-ish from Trey, we could make a day trip or meet there with a little prior planning. Chattanooga actually has its own local distillery that pre-dates Jack Daniels' too, that also runs tours and such. I'm mostly a scotch drinker, myself, but I've been meaning to check it out, so I'm up for one or both.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Jack Daniels is the more famous one, but I'd be up for Chattanooga if only because it's closer. Reviews on the whiskey aren't bad, either.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Checking in from Memphis the distillery is cool and all , but you can't get drunk there. When they said it's near Chattanooga I was thinking "it's been awhile but I don't remember Lynchburg being remotely close to chat. It's only a little closer to Nashville iirc. It's kinda in BFE
  • Jack distillery is in a dry county but the point is, get tanked later!

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited June 2015
    Saeva said:
    Jack distillery is in a dry county but the point is, get tanked later!
    Which is why Ky bourbon distilleries are so much more fun.  Taste testing is phenomenal in the ones I have been to.  Makers Mark has a bunch of small time wineries near it too that offer taste testing for nominal fees(you could get drunk on the change in my center console). 

Edit: Four Roses also has the best candles you have ever smelled. 
  • Alright the Chatt looks like it is very much a go! Now to check on times for everyone. I'm guessing weekends would be best so we could do 17-19th? or 31st-2nd August. 
    @Aerek, @Austere, @Mayapple, @Trey, @Marina, @Kasya, @JHUI MAYBE, @Gyrth, @Caladbolg

I will also be stopping a few days in L.A. to visit @Cinya on either end of this tour because she's a rocking babe. So people in L.A. give me a shout out as well.

Then Hawaii at some point... YAY!

• If you are able to be in SF on a weekend that could determine the date of our minimeet
  • What's SF?
  • I'm blown away that a trip to Tennessee would be discussed and no one even mentions Nashville, especially for 4th of July.  It will be the largest fireworks display in the country. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/06/09/nashville-fireworks-july-show-largest/28729845/

Not to mention it is one of the biggest foodie cities in the USA and best city for music entertainment. Google Nashville Pedal Tavern. There are like over 15 craft breweries in Nashville and they are fantastic. It has been consistently listed as one of the best cities to visit in the USA. An average of 72 people are moving to Nashville every single day, it is exploding and for good reason. It would not disappoint, that's for sure. 
  • SF is the Bay Area, San Francisco
    Tahquil said:
    Alright the Chatt looks like it is very much a go! Now to check on times for everyone. I'm guessing weekends would be best so we could do 17-19th? or 31st-2nd August. 
    @Aerek, @Austere, @Mayapple, @Trey, @Marina, @Kasya, @JHUI MAYBE, @Gyrth, @Caladbolg

I will also be stopping a few days in L.A. to visit @Cinya on either end of this tour because she's a rocking babe. So people in L.A. give me a shout out as well.

Locked in for the 16th-17th. I can play chauffer and host for folks that want to come down. I can probably put up at least 1 or 2 people if a need to crash on a couch arises. More if we end up trashed and folks don't mind floor space.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • OFFICIALLY LOCKED IN:  

11th-15th : Kona, Hawaii
    Where I will be kicking volcanoes and swimming with manta rays cause fuck yeah manta rays.

16th- 19thish: Chattanooga, Tennesse
    @Aerek, @Austere, @Trey, @Mayapple, @Marina, @Kasya, @Gyrth, @Caladbodbolg - We're having a mini meet this weekend! Potential distillery tour, dinner, and more drinks and touristy stuff I suppose!

?-24th: This I've left intentionally blank as I have a few options up in ze air and will decide.... whenever. Probably the day before.

24th-27th : Las Vegas, Nevada
    Godsmeet, o'course and probably much gambling.

27th-30th : Santa Monica, California

30th-31st : Honolulu, Hawaii
    @Ellodin - we be eating pineapple and coconuts for one night only.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Aerek said:
    Tahquil said:
    Alright the Chatt looks like it is very much a go! Now to check on times for everyone. I'm guessing weekends would be best so we could do 17-19th? or 31st-2nd August. 

Locked in for the 16th-17th. I can play chauffer and host for folks that want to come down. I can probably put up at least 1 or 2 people if a need to crash on a couch arises. More if we end up trashed and folks don't mind floor space.
    16th-17th is Thursday/Friday. I can do Friday night/Saturday??
  • I beleive I get in 16th at 10pm hahah so scratch Thursday. Friday is good and Saturday.
    I fucked up and can't edit, I'm free 16th-19th, so the whole weekend is open, though I'll be catching a flight out on the 19th, I'm not sure when.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I'm all for Saturday, you guys. I can come in Friday night but Chattanooga is EST, right? So I don't get off work until 6 pm EST plus the drive from Cookeville.
  • Can we have fireworks in that state?
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Tahquil said:
    Can we have fireworks in that state?
    Yep!
  • So.. did I totally miss this epic awesomeness that is goin on in my friggin home town? *sad face*