Blademaster Endurance

ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
I haven't played any other classes to their full extent to know them well, but do they all drain willpower/ endurance alot? Blademaster hunting attack Drawslash takes about 25 endurance per slash (I think), and while this drain had always been an annoying thing easily fixed by spending some lessons in fitness, it has become extremely noticeable ever since the hunting changes. Since fights are now longer, we have to drawslash more = more drain. I have scabbed up what lessons I can into fitness and brought it up to Expert recently to try and remedy this, but it's still the same. I go hunting for a little over an hour, the corpses I get aren't even enough essence to fill a single shrine and I'm down to about 900 in endurance (from 20245). I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or have overlooked, or if this is something that everyone experiences, no matter what class. If someone can help me figure this out I'd be grateful. Thanks!

Comments

• One round of Qurnok in Arash I'll drop 60-70% endurance and I'm Trans Fitness.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Bard doesn't have endurance drain. My only issue is WP after clotting, but it takes quite a while for it to hit me hard.

Serpent has endurance drain while biting, garrote doesn't.

AFAIK, I don't remember Alchemist wp drain being too terrible, but it was definitely there. Could clear several areas.

Monk is decent endurance drain.

Druid/sentinel is decent endurance drain with reflexes up (which is how you should be hunting) but without it, I don't think there is one (aside from moving, ofc)

Hmm... what other classes...

Jester's not bad in regards to wp/end drain.

I think that's about it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • They don't. Dragon was always awful hunting. BM was a little rough, but I already had trans fitness and a ring of endurance when I went there.

Knight was similar to BM, though that was pre changes. Serpent is easy street, no real loss at all with garotte hunting.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    dragon's endurance drain is decent. If you hunt with incantation you'll only last about 75% as long as if you use gut.

Magi willpower drain, for me atleast, is nearly nonexistant. Though @Jukilian claims to lose willpower rapidly
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    Hmm it sounds like to me there is some imbalance in this area. I don't quite understand why blademasters lose endurance while knights don't, for example, if they are both using physical-type attacks. It seems rather strange to me.

@Sarapis
    @Tecton
    Is there any chance this can be revised so that all classes are lined up more evenly? 
    Thank you!

• Tharvis said:
    dragon's endurance drain is decent. If you hunt with incantation you'll only last about 75% as long as if you use gut.
    I've noticed that I lose more to clotting than I do for gutting. But even then, I'd probably have to hunt for over twelve hours straight to actually get to the point where it'd be an issue. Longer, counting recovery and such (ring of endurance + amulet of the will + ox + megalith + rain + hive).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited June 2015
    Until you bash with swiftcursed bleed, you do not know what willpower drain is.

And if you're bashing things that bleed you on top of that? Heaven help you.
  • Costs for bashing attacks could definitely do with being standardised, as long as that means that they're all brought down to whatever the lowest EPS/WPS is rather than the better classes having their costs increased.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Antonius said:
    Costs for bashing attacks could definitely do with being standardised, as long as that means that they're all brought down to whatever the lowest EPS/WPS is rather than the better classes having their costs increased.
    I am only liking this because of the standardization of damage. Before the great overhaul, where classes did damage proportionate to their other merits, which I think was more balanced, I would have disagreed. I don't know why they chose to scrap years of hunting balance changes. Now that tankiness is not a factor for your dps, everything just seems so cookie cutter. I miss the days of glass canons and long haul tanks. Now everyone has to be a tank