Yeehaw, the continent of North America.

There is a tentative plan at the moment, that I may go to Vegas to check out God's meet. However that will only happen if I can scrape together more reasons to justify the holiday.

So I put it to you, the Achaean community, entertain me. If you want to meet up, post here, maybe enough people in one area will group together and we'll have a mini meetup. If you think there is something cool that I must absolutely go see, suggest it here. If I go I plan to stay a couple of weeks strictly in the month of July. Hell if someone is accomodating enough to show me what July 4th is all about I'd be blown away hopefully in the non-literal sense.

Thing I must do - bullfrog and fireworks (not at same time)

Also this isn't limited to U.S.A, I'd be up to visiting Canada as well if you make a strong argument purely because I've never been before.

Comments

• I'm in Texas. We got fireworks covered

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'm confused about the bullfrog part. You just want to see a bullfrog?
  • edited June 2015
    @sarapis
    You see, and Australia our frogs look like melted marshmellows who have figured out how to photosynthesis. We are told from a very young age not to touch them because they are very delicate creatures.- 

I want to see this robust looking motherfucker -

also : 

• Plenty of those in California. They're just really not that exciting!
  • Texas is good. I am in Texas as well. 
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Tahquil said:
    @sarapis
    You see, and Australia our frogs look like melted marshmellows who have figured out how to photosynthesis. We are told from a very young age not to touch them because they are very delicate creatureswill kill you just for looking at them.

ftfy
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Tree frogs are awesome. I've been picking them up and carrying them around since I was a wee little girl. Cane toads make me run screaming though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    If you really wanna see a great fireworks show without being hands on, big cities are generally the way to go if you don't mind the crowds. Want lots of hands on? I highly suggest native american reservations. Since their laws are different they usually have the fireworks that aren't legal outside the reservations, and you can blow them up there on the reservation usually as long as you find a safe spot. They always have tons in stock, and lots of variety.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    If for some reason you catch yourself in Memphis, I'm here and Im sure @Jozlyn would come down. Who knows? Maybe we could get @Flair to come by. In Memphis we can show you what barbecue is, none of that Texas mess
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    I'd be happy to show you any amphibian you'd like. We could catch a couple of bullfrogs to play with and then scout out some tree frogs and maybe an amphiuma.We could even go kayaking in a nearby swamp. We have okay fireworks here but my place is not posh.  In fact I call it "the rat shack" ( there are no rats). My sister calls it "the divorcee pit of despair and broken dreams" but she's an ass. 
     yes, sir.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Chiming in from Chattanooga, TN, in the heart of the Deep South. Unless they've moved since I last knew, @Telendrieth is here in town, I recall @Austere about 3 hours away in Clarkesville, @Mayapple (and @Trey?) about 2 hours away in Atlanta, and if I open the throat and suppress the gag reflex, we might be able to swing @Jhui and @Gyrth as special celebrity guests if they're still up in Knoxville. I don't recall other names, but I know there's a smattering of others in North Carolina and Alabama that might crawl out of the woodwork if something started to take shape.

I'm certain that the bigger cities will have better 4th of July celebrations, but for our part, we do set a river on fire.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Austere is in Clarksville? I used to live literally across the street in Oak Grove, KY. But yeah, I'll be in Atlanta by the end of the month, and I believe I've previously pledged beers to @Tahquil and @Aerek, so I'm down. 

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    I am about an hour outside of Knoxville now.  I lived in Clarksville WAAY back when, before I ever started playing Achaea. @Caladbolg lives pretty close to me too. 
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    My vote, of course, is for the Emerald City on the Pacific coast. You can watch 3 or 4 different fireworks shows at once from the observation deck of the Space Needle or the Columbia tower. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Aerek said:
    Chiming in from Chattanooga, TN, in the heart of the Deep South. Unless they've moved since I last knew, @Telendrieth is here in town, I recall @Austere about 3 hours away in Clarkesville, @Mayapple (and @Trey?) about 2 hours away in Atlanta, and if I open the throat and suppress the gag reflex, we might be able to swing @Jhui and @Gyrth as special celebrity guests if they're still up in Knoxville. I don't recall other names, but I know there's a smattering of others in North Carolina and Alabama that might crawl out of the woodwork if something started to take shape.

I'm certain that the bigger cities will have better 4th of July celebrations, but for our part, we do set a river on fire.
    I'm an hour away from Chattanooga as well in north Alabama, and would definitely come out of the woodwork if something were to happen!

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    I will second Aodfionn's suggestion, adding that only in the Emerald City can you observe two different mountain ranges, a volcano, the pacific ocean, and a rain forest from the same place you are watching 3 or 4 fireworks shows from. Also, we have a great number of Native American reservations in close proximity, if you want to follow-up on someone else's suggestion and do some hands-on firework fun.... oh, and we have frogs and craft beer. 
  • edited June 2015
    I'm already in the land of  Oz though....
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited June 2015
    If you want the prototypical 4th of July celebration, go find someone in the south or in Idaho.

Edit: This is not meant to be a jab. Folks in the more deeply patriotic states just go nuts on the 4th to an awesome degree, if you want the hollywood version of the 4th
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    edited June 2015
    Jinsun said:
    If for some reason you catch yourself in Memphis, I'm here and Im sure @Jozlyn would come down. Who knows? Maybe we could get @Flair to come by. In Memphis we can show you what barbecue is, none of that Texas mess
    I live in the same place as Flair and Jozlyn, so if you get to Memphis I could probably make a day trip to say hello!
  • I vote the D.C. area. You can have lots of history (in as far as something 250 years old is 'old') and see plenty of fireworks.

I went to D.C. last summer. Great place to visit!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Sarapis said:
    There's really no reason to go anywhere but Florida, now that I think on it. 
    :(

Floridians are crazy. I'm in a mad house of republicans, strange habits and a rotting, Hellish swampy thing. Send help!

(In reality, Florida has Disney World, Universal, Harry Potter world and a bunch of other interesting theme parks. If you're not going for those or for one of the beaches, or to visit various Achaeans (myself, Jarrod, Dragonknight, Tessa, Kresslack come directly to mind, but I'm probably missing a few), then you're just better off not coming, promise. It's almost summer too.)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
    Don't forget the flesh eating virus on Florida's beaches right now, too.

• Arditi said:
    I vote the D.C. area. You can have lots of history (in as far as something 250 years old is 'old') and see plenty of fireworks.
    Agreed, but I'd recommend coming here any day except the 4th of July, because the crowds and traffic are always ridiculous.
  • Can you really get dressed up as a Disney princess in Disneyland?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Don't know about Disneyland. Disney World? Absolutely. Children and adults both.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Well, and there is the annual Calaveras Frog Jump competiton.
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    Aerek said:

I'm just over ninety minutes away from Chattanooga in Tennessee. And might force myself to make myself available for a meet.