Battlerage Flavour

Now that Battlerage is in the process of being fine-tuned, I was wondering if the flavor for certain classes could be discussed/worked on and officially changed(as opposed to gagging/replacing)

For instance, Onslaught/Collide for Runewardens - I feel like there's more room to utilize Runeblades(especially Hugalaz). At the moment, the flavour seems pretty lacking, i.e : 

OnslaughtIt's just like tenderising meat.
Syntax: ONSLAUGHT <target>
Works on/against: Denizens
Cooldown: 23.00 seconds
Resource: 36 rage
Details: Repeatedly pound your target with your weapon.

Sylvans and a few other classes too. Didn't really look properly at the others tbh.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I actually like collide. But onslaught's message stops making sense if you're not 2h or DB. You don't 'pound' something with a sword. Seems like it could use some rewriting either to be more generic or more spec-aware.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • You could technically pound something with the hilt of your sword. Seems kinda lame though :confounded: 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I agree with the pirate.
  • Also have a couple of thoughts about BM battlerage flavor, but I'll get to that tomorrow.

• Green Dragon's slaver could be more dramatic than just walking up to someone and drooling toxic saliva.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• In cases like this I feel like it's best for us to provide specific alternatives (like, fully written 1st person/3rd person messages)...if they like them they can change them, if not it's just dumping something else to write/come up with on a poor Celani's desk!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    What's the line for obliviate?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Obliviate so OP, even the player forgets the line for it?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Synbios said:
    Klendathu said:
    Obliviate so OP, even the player forgets the line for it?
    I don't have a serpent character, and want the line to include in my (free, all class) battlerage tracker

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Okay, back to business.

Now tackling each BM battlerage ability.

Leapstrike: Flavour is awesome. Basically a rocketjump knee-to-the-face.

Shin Daze: Flavour is okay. Could use a bit more 'oomph' in describing what is basically flinging a point-blank flashbang into someone's eyes.

Spinslash: Flavour very lacklustre for a nuke and, at least in my opinion, is not very 'blademaster-y'(I always picture Garen doing the spin-to-win skill whenever I see Spinslash in action). Perhaps a variant of multislash or an elemental slash would serve better for a blademaster's nuke.

Headstrike: Doesn't feel like the precise and exploitative empty-hand striking maneuvre of a blademaster. Feels more like...well...just punching someone in the face.  

Nerveslash: Poking someone with the point of a sword doesn't feel like something a blademaster would do, unless when burying the blade to the hilt with Impale. Suggestion: shin-infused slashes(either lightning to weaken the nerves or ice to slow the muscles of the victim) evokes the blademaster feel better, I think.

I'll post some suggestions on possible alternative battlerage messages next time.

• edited June 2015
    I mostly agree with Synbios here. I don't have Nerveslash but I think that the writers really missed a good chance to do the classic samurai cut...thing. Here's how I'd have written it.

1P:
    Fortifying your swiftness with Shin energy, you rush past a baby rat while delivering a velocious cut. A baby rat stands dazed for a moment before crying out as blood flowers from its side.
    3P:
    Katsuragi blurs past a baby rat faster than the eye can follow. A baby rat stands dazed for a moment before crying out as blood suddenly flowers from its side.

Hopefully this gets the point across; I'm sure someone else could write it more eloquently.

Not exactly like this but I can't ever NOT post Akira Kurosawa:

I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Paladin:

Regeneration and Punishment seem awesome, flavour wise.

Shock and Harrow strike me as a little weird. Maybe I'm being too much of a stickler, but the concept of Holy Lightning isn't something I've seen mentioned at all in the faction lore. 

Proposed change: Change the flavour of Harrow and Shock to be Holy Fire instead of lightning. Change Shock's name to fireblast or whatever.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • I would personally prefer strawberry.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited June 2015
    Aodfionn said:
    Paladin:

Shock and Harrow strike me as a little weird. Maybe I'm being too much of a stickler, but the concept of Holy Lightning isn't something I've seen mentioned at all in the faction lore. 

Proposed change: Change the flavour of Harrow and Shock to be Holy Fire instead of lightning. Change Shock's name to fireblast or whatever.
    It's badass, though its pretty Artemesian/Vastaresque in flavor, I agree. 

You know what else is weird? PERFORM RITE OF HORRIFY.

Horrify
    ? That's your rite name? I get that we're conveying fear but. Uh.

Allsight                  Noun
    Demons                 Noun
    Cleansing               Noun
    Well-being             Noun
    Revitalisation         Noun
    Healing                  Noun
    Horrify                   Verb?  <- does not compute

I'd like to buy a noun. How about Rite of Heavely Fear? Celestial Terror? Inculpation. Imputation? Castigation? Subdual? Rebrobation? Veneration? Reprehension? 

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Halos said:
    Aodfionn said:
    Paladin:

It's badass, though its pretty Artemesian/Vastaresque in flavor, I agree. 

You know what else is weird? PERFORM RITE OF HORRIFY.

Horrify
    ? That's your rite name? I get that we're conveying fear but. Uh.

Allsight                  Noun
    Demons                 Noun
    Cleansing               Noun
    Well-being             Noun
    Revitalisation         Noun
    Healing                  Noun
    Horrify                   Verb?  <- does not compute

I'd like to buy a noun. How about Rite of Heavely Fear? Celestial Terror? Inculpation. Imputation? Castigation? Subdual? Rebrobation? Veneration? Reprehension? 

PERFORM RITE OF MHALDORIAN FOOD

Case closed.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Isn't spinslash supposed to be like a mini Desperate Angel? That's what I assumed, and makes sense for why a blademaster would be doing a spinny thing.
  • What's Desperate Angel? Google only showed me a J-Metal band.
    I have 150 Lusternian credits that I'll trade over for Achaean ones. Let me know if you're interested!
  • Desperate Angel is basically the original form of Broken Star. It's a Two Arts technique used by Lucaine Pyramides (a character from Achaean history that the blademaster class is based on).

The Battle of King's Tomb is the part where he uses it (I'd recommend reading from the beginning though if you don't already know about the Wars of Succession).
  • edited June 2015
    Katsuragi said:
    What's Desperate Angel? Google only showed me a J-Metal band.
    You unlock all the gates and pour your soul into your sword and let it guide your hand as you defeat your foe. Works only against bosses. Some say this technique itself has a sort of sentience, an ethereal oversoul stitched together from the raw emotion poured into it by so many swordsmen over the ages, and does not allow itself to be performed unless it will look totally awesome, which is obviously not the case against trash mobs.

edit: That song from band X or X-Japan is some enjoyable hair metal. Video:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Tael said:
    Isn't spinslash supposed to be like a mini Desperate Angel? That's what I assumed, and makes sense for why a blademaster would be doing a spinny thing.
    Desperate Angel is pretty much the superior form of Brokenstar, which involves more of dashing around and through the victim, slashing them to pieces with each pass.

It most definitely does not involve spinning like a Beyblade.

• DEMACIAAAAA!

• KasyaKasya Tennessee
    I can use angel torment and angel incense without having my angel visible. I learned this today.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    ^ not that we're complaining

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Is the term "Stormblade" related to Vastarian lore?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• Okay, suggestions:

Spinslash -> Galeslash

1P: In the blink of an eye, you dash repeatedly around a rotting zombie, viciously slashing with every pass.

3P: In the blink of an eye, Synbios dashes repeatedly around a rotting zombie, viciously slashing with every pass.

Headstrike -> Vortexstrike

1P(no condition): As your clenched fist makes contact with a rotting zombie, you release a burst of shin energy.

3P(no condition): As Synbios's clenched fist makes contact with a rotting zombie, he releases a burst of shin energy.

1P(reckless): Slipping past a rotting zombie's aggressive stance, your fist releases a swirling burst of shin energy, ripping it apart.

3P(reckless): Slipping past a rotting zombie's aggressive stance, Synbios's fist releases a swirling burst of shin energy, ripping it apart.

1P(feared): Stepping close to the flailing form of a rotting zombie, your fist releases a swirling burst of shin energy, ripping it apart.

3P(feared): Stepping close to the flailing form of a rotting zombie, Synbios's fist releases a swirling burst of shin energy, ripping it apart.

Nerveslash

1P: You slice at a rotting zombie's vital spots with a void-infused blade, weakening its strength.

3P: Synbios slices at a rotting zombie's vital spots with a void-infused blade, weakening its strength.

• Solid flavour

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Hm, remodeling Galeslash.

Spinslash -> Galeslash

1P: Faster than the eye can see, you dash multiple times around a rotting zombie, unleashing several deadly slashes with every pass.

3P: Faster than the eye can see, Synbios dashes multiple times around a rotting zombie, unleashing several deadly slashes with every pass.

Shin Burst

1P: You send a bolt of Shin energy through your outstretched fingers, stunning a rotting zombie upon impact.

3P: Synbios sends a bolt of Shin energy through his outstretched fingers, stunning a rotting zombie upon impact.