Bound Credits and Characters Registered to the same account

Hey all! 

Just wondering others thoughts on the fact that bound credits are bound only to one character, and can't even be transferred among your other characters who are registered to the same email.  

Do you think in modern Achaea, this is something that should be changed? I suppose my reasoning is:

1.) I bought the credits at some point (referring to credits bought via OOC methods that later became bound). Which technically, I own them, and to be fair should at least have the right to move them between my characters if needed!

2.) I don't see any problem with using my bound credits (purchased OOCly) for me. I think bound credits were made to prevent sharing bound credits with other players, which is totally fine, but what is the problem with sharing with myself? 

Would be nice if bound credits (obtained OOCly), same way credits can't be hunted on one character and then moved to your other, could be put back onto your account. Similar to where Iron membership credits are held. 

CREDITS ACCOUNT YIELD <X> - Yields X bound credits to your account
CREDITS ACCOUNT RECEIVE <X> - Gives X bound credits from your account balance to the current character.
CREDITS ACCOUNT BALANCE - How many credits you have on your account currently, including membership if applicable.

This would also help with membership since you could put the credits without worry onto your character, use what you need, and then put the rest into another!

Just a thought, not looking for an argument, just thoughts please! I don't think this would cut into Achaea profits too much, since we already bought the credits at some point for our character/account!

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited June 2015
    That's what IRE membership credits are.
    The problem is, you can earn a lot of bound credits ICly too.
    I'd assume it's a lot harder to track the origin of bound credits you traded an artifact in that you've had for years for, than splitting up unbound credit purchases. Just a possibility, though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Yeah true, its also pretty hard to keep track of all the credit transactions already though @Ahmet
    Zuko said:
    Yeah true, its also pretty hard to keep track of all the credit transactions already though @Ahmet
    Suppose so.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'm sure they can differentiate between credits generated IG versus credits purchased through the website. 

I think this has been denied before though.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • The real problem is they can't stop you joining two characters to the same account and 'selling' the credits. I really wish I could transfer credits over to another character, the loss of a 12k escrow is just painful when moving permanently to a new char.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Atalkez said:
    I'm sure they can differentiate between credits generated IG versus credits purchased through the website. 

I think this has been denied before though.
    I just don't understand why. Sure IRE makes more money cause we have to buy additional credits we wouldnt have to before, but I don't know other than that
  • Katzchen said:
    The real problem is they can't stop you joining two characters to the same account and 'selling' the credits. I really wish I could transfer credits over to another character, the loss of a 12k escrow is just painful when moving permanently to a new char.
    Or if you could get all  the bound credits and the other character is shrubbed for one OOC year as the cost to prevent abuse!
  • That doesn't prevent abuse. If you're 'selling' the credits, that just removes the character they didn't want to use anyway. I'm sure this would get the most use or supposedly abuse when someone quit the game for good/long term.

• The only way I can think of that might help reduce the potential for abuse is to make it so the characters have to be registered to the account for an IRL year (or maybe six months) before you can transfer it. That would also remove another complaint people have had about the idea - that of newbies suddenly walking out of the flame with 20k credits worth of arties.

• edited June 2015
    Katzchen said:
    The only way I can think of that might help reduce the potential for abuse is to make it so the characters have to be registered to the account for an IRL year (or maybe six months) before you can transfer it. That would also remove another complaint people have had about the idea - that of newbies suddenly walking out of the flame with 20k credits worth of arties.
    Oh yeah I'd thought of that before (in regards to the newbies). That could definitely work. Good idea!
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited June 2015
    If they were ever to implement something like this, I'd expect to see some heavy penalties on it, or maybe even a cost in real money, plus a downtime on it. Maybe it cost you $200 and you can only do it once a year. IRE would have to see some actual profit from such a method to ever deem it an option it seems. Or maybe capped at 1000 credits every 6 months, and you lose 33% of them in the transfer if it was automated.

Katzchen said:
    If they were ever to implement something like this, I'd expect to see some heavy penalties on it, or maybe even a cost in real money, plus a downtime on it. Maybe it cost you $200 and you can only do it once a year. IRE would have to see some actual profit from such a method to ever deem it an option it seems.
    200 bucks for a transfer service? Man, for that it better include all my arties! Not that I couldn't pretty much rebuy all my arties for that :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited June 2015
    @Ahmet if I could rebuy all my arties with $200, I wouldn't be so annoyed I had to leave them all behind! You've got to consider this would either take some serious coding, and/or admin time, as well as offer incentive to IRE to actually allow it.

• I definitely wish you could move bound credits for traded-in artefacts between characters. I understand the reasons why this isn't a thing, probably doing so would promote more alts and less long-term investment in one character, but I still wish it could happen.