Elder Scrolls Online: Consoles!

Is anyone planning on picking up ESO for either PS4 or Xbox One?  I'm still on the fence about it!
[2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you

Comments

• GawiGawi Washington
    I love Skyrim so much.... but have heard such bad things about ESO that I don't really want to.... but if I could play EXACTLY skyrim with other people... it would be perfect.

• Gawi said:
    I love Skyrim so much.... but have heard such bad things about ESO that I don't really want to.... but if I could play EXACTLY skyrim with other people... it would be perfect.
    What bad things have you heard?
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    I already have it on the PC and played it to endgame, but this was before the release of the latest content.

Pros:

Great voice acting. A lot of really good actors lent their voices to the same, suck as Patrick Stewart and Kate Beckensale.

Story is pretty awesome.

You can have access to whatever crafts you want, but your skill point distribution is limited. So technically you could have a character that is level 50 and only has skill points in crafting skills instead of class skills. It uses the Elder Scrolls method of skill point allocation(1 per level).

Uses the same attribute mechanic as the elder scrolls game. This should feel pretty familiar.

Combat system is pretty neat, with active blocking and so on. Definitely a different feel that other MMOs in that regard.

PVP area is enormous. Basically its own continent much like the three factional areas.

One of the later patch releases allowed you to dye your armor whatever color you wanted, as long as the colors were unlocked by completing achievements. There is an entire website and community dedicated to fashion in ESO now. Check it out: http://eso-fashion.com/

Cons:

After a while you realize you're playing the same game as every other MMO. "Go here, do this. Kill 5 of these. Fetch me this." Same old stuff.

It just went free to play, so there will probably be a ton of shitlords and asshats.

No open world PVP. Cannot travel to other factional areas until you complete the story for your current factional area. Sort of a pro and a con, because there is no danger when you're running around doing quests and things. 

There were other things people bitched about too, but it was definitely highly exaggerated. Most people thought it would be multiplayer Skyrim and they were highly disappointed. If you think of it as an MMO with Elder Scrolls lore, you'll be happy with it.
    Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. Unless something changed drastically in the last content release, crafted items that use different mats to effect rarity will always be superior to items that have been dropped by bosses, etc. You can find hidden crafting stations throughout the game and craft different set items that give specific bonuses based on how many set pieces you're wearing.
  • I will probably get it for the ps4. I already bought it on pc and recently got an email saying I could get it for 20 bucks on ps4. I didn't get too far because my laptop could not push it quite as well as I'd hoped so I stoppped playing. What I did see was pretty cool, nice graphics with the standard mmo quest grind. I do like the elder scrolls art style as well. Like Kellonius stated anyone who expected mmo skyrim was let down. I probably wont get it at launch though because I already have a pile of unplayed games stacking up and Achaea isn't helping with that either.
    Oh! The game is amazingly beautiful. I forgot to add that.
  • Hrm.  I think I'll go ahead and pick it up.  I'm really sad you can't play cross-platform, though :(
  • GawiGawi Washington
    the cons that i heard were things like, everyone being on the same quests, especially in the beginning, and so finding the things you needed for quests could be difficult, crowded servers, quest lines being boring and way to much work and long were the major things that stuck out to me. 

• WeiWei Monterey, California
    @Gawi:There is no competition for things. Quests and loot and stuff are all instanced to the individual (except for chests, oddly). There may be something to your other complaints, though. During peak hours it takes a few minutes to get on, but then you're on, and it's fine from there. I haven't played long enough to know about quests, in depth. So far they seem a lot like what you'd see in other Elder Scrolls games.

I recently started playing on the PS4. It's awesome. A lot more like Skyrim than it was during the beta, actually. Even the interface matches up. I haven't really gotten into the MMO aspect of it, yet. I feel like I'm playing a single-player game, and there are all these odd people running around. :D
  • GawiGawi Washington
    edited June 2015
    Oh perfect, so what your saying is you @Wei are going to buy me a ps4 and ESO? :pleased: 

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I got it for PS4. Only did the opening act. 

• MayMay Texas
    I have it now for xbox one, looking for people to play with :sunglasses: 

Shoot me a friends invite if your interested!
    Xboxlive: Maykindfire 
  • @Gawi or you could get it on PC just saying