'You' Window, in HTML5

As the title suggests, in light of the update to the flash client incorporating a "your character" tab, a comparable status window might be nice in the html5 client.
Fetch water,
Carry the Moon
-Cogitations and Ponderations of Disciple Vanceroth, Student of the Trine

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    I think you've got the client's back-to-front, this was just added to the HTML5 client (http://newclient.achaea.com). The flash client isn't being actively developed any more (at least to the level of the HTML5 client, but we'll see how we go when we're next making changes to/maintaining it!
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Since I can't find an actual thread on the new client open, posting this here. The new client is a bit screwy on an ipad, some things just don't fit right. The old html5 was fine. Not sure if this is actually something you care about changing, because it's mostly aesthetic, and only effects people on really small screens, but maybe enough people connect via tablets (sometimes) to make it worth looking into how it looks on different screen sizes.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Are there two html5 clients? I'm using the html5 client @ client.achaea.com
    Tecton said:
    I think you've got the client's back-to-front, this was just added to the HTML5 client (http://newclient.achaea.com). The flash client isn't being actively developed any more (at least to the level of the HTML5 client, but we'll see how we go when we're next making changes to/maintaining it!
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    @Vanceroth yes, the one Tecton linked to in his comment is still in testing. It's an update.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @Katzchen
    Oh, I see. Thank you for that clarification.

Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    Oh, sorry, I get what you're saying now! We hope have the new client live next week, so that'll be the default client when you play! We're just doing some final beta testing to make sure that your play experience is as smooth and bug-free as possible.
  • Is there any way to change the background color in the new client?
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    You can invert it (from black to white) in the settings window (click on the little cogs in the lower-right)
  • Having given the new client a cursory examination, I like a lot of the additions and features; however, there are a couple things I don't like. For me, the old client has higher readability. I think if the main window in the new client could be adjusted to color #232 (for example) it would help to improve contrast. It's just my opinion, of course, but I find the old client to be more user-friendly in that respect. The other thing is the pop-ups that appear when hovering over the function buttons (among other things). Figured I would throw that out there since apparently it's still in development.
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon