Vegas Meet 2015 - Meet the Gods!

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
edited May 2015 in The Wander Inn
Our IRE-wide God's meet is coming up in July! While we're all excited for the time away, we're also interested in getting a chance to meet some awesome people, namely, you guys! If you're going to be in the Vegas area (or just looking for an excuse to take a trip,) on Saturday, July 25th, you'll be able to hang out with us and perhaps indulge in a few chilled libations to take the edge off the summer heat!

We'll post up more information regarding the when and where as we get closer to the date. If you're interested, please let us know below, so we can try to gauge attendance and plan accordingly.

(*) I should note that this isn't an IronCon or structured event, more just a casual meet-up with the team and other players.

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    You would schedule it the day my vacation ends...
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    you would schedule that a week before I am scheduled to drive through Vegas on my way to Phoenix.
  • MayMay Texas
    Why is it always in Vegas?  :p
  • It's not. We've had them in D.C., Orlando, New Orleans, San Francisco as well.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Still crossing fingers that you all one day decide to massively inconvenience yourselves by coming to Portland or SEA.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    or Europe
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

•  :o An almost two month notice? Oh man, I might be able to work with that. I can't commit to a definite yes until basically the end of next month though.

Vegas is on my bucketlist though... because I -must- play roulette once in my lifetime. So, it'd be an awesome excuse. 
  • Orlando you say?? Shame I missed that one!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Usually I'd love an excuse to go to Vegas in the summer, alas I have a wedding to attend that weekend in So Cal, a bit ironic since they are Las Vegas residents.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Now I know where I'm going for a trip. Sorry, @Rangor. Can't invade your hometown.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I'm pretty sure Lachlan will be super excited about this. I don't know if my vacation time starts immediately after hiring in or if I have to wait and I don't know if Lachlan will be able to get any time off (she should considering that she's had to work almost every weekend for the last 2 months).

If the stars align and everything works out, we might be able to swing a trip down to Vegas. She's been itching to get me to go there for months now.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • time for a Gods meet in NY
  • ConsloConslo LA, CA
    Jonathin said:
    I'm pretty sure Lachlan will be super excited about this. I don't know if my vacation time starts immediately after hiring in or if I have to wait and I don't know if Lachlan will be able to get any time off (she should considering that she's had to work almost every weekend for the last 2 months).

If the stars align and everything works out, we might be able to swing a trip down to Vegas. She's been itching to get me to go there for months now.
    You should do this, I live in LA now so I will definitely be there. I might even start playing again in the interim.
  • Crapppppp just booked my Vegas vacation for August
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Pout. Maybe next year or the year after next! Blew my holidays in June and in August, so I have none in July. :(
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Ruth said:
    Pout. Maybe next year or the year after next! Blew my holidays in June and in August, so I have none in July. :(
    Reschedule it. :P

• When can we expect a Kickstarter to support an IRE god drinking binge? Some way for us to donate money, specify a god, and then contractually obligate them to do a shot.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    When can we expect a Kickstarter to support an IRE god drinking binge? Some way for us to donate money, specify a god, and then contractually obligate them to do a shot.
    We'll make a game out of it: Spin the wheel - shot or zap!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    aaa. Yeah in the boat of having booked all my holidays this summer already. I am planning an america visit next year though, now that i finally have a disposable income and i hope to schedule it around an achaea meet. 2016!

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Mishgul said:
    aaa. Yeah in the boat of having booked all my holidays this summer already. I am planning an america visit next year though, now that i finally have a disposable income and i hope to schedule it around an achaea meet. 2016!
    goooood! I am going to start a kickstarter, gofundme, for those brows @Mishgul

“There is no greater sorrow than thinking back upon a happy time in misery--”

• I would love to come and meet people, but I don't have the time off to drive from Ohio to Nevada. :< Maybe if there's a decent flight, but from a glance most of them are horrible, and I apparently just spent another $1400 on my car anyway. God damn I hate cars. Taking all my money. Huff.

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • Quite new here (if not to IRE) but I live in Vegas, so I'll probably stop by! :)
  • I may wander over the mountain range just to say howdy to a few folks. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Prythe said:
    I may wander over the mountain range just to say howdy to a few folks. 
    Don't die!

• Will Artemis be there?
    I'll look into it!
  • next year!
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Sarapis said:
    It's not. We've had them in D.C., Orlando, New Orleans, San Francisco as well.
    Oh my Gods (literally) youve done it in SF?? PLEASE do that again sometime i dont think i was a player when this happened D:

I have a hottub by the beach and a freezer full of lemon cello /bribe

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I forget what year SF was. 2010 or 2011 though I'm pretty sure.