gui?

Want a custom ui but unsure how to load up free ones. Help

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Deserve said:
    Want a custom ui but unsure how to load up free ones. Help
    The ones I have put up recently require you to download the file then use PACKAGE MANAGER on the top of mudlet to install them. Most all GUI's require GMCP enabled. You can do this by clicking SETTINGS at the top of mudlet and enabling the checkbox. Feel free to msg me if you run into problems.

• well tried the d3 ive enabled Gmcp but not graphics showing up even after ive imported file.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    There is an alias in the D3 GUI that will build it. Zulah mentioned in another thread that he has multiple GUIs saved in his profile, so by using aliases to build them, he can choose which one he wants to use.

You'll have to look to see which one it is though, because I don't use the gui itself.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • yea still lost i tried to import file he gave away for free and enabled GMPC when i type GUI into chat screen nothing

• Deserve said:
    yea still lost i tried to import file he gave away for free and enabled GMPC when i type GUI into chat screen nothing

dont use caps. Just: gui
  • yea i think im loading stuff in wrong area cause gui does noting ive activated items in alia maybe im downloading wrong items cause ive downloaded multiple and tried importing them into profile then gui and nothing happens 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited May 2015
    You have it downloaded. Cool.
    You have gmcp enabled. Good. Now restart Mudlet.

Now that those two steps are out of the way, follow these instructions exactly and while logged into the game.

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • ty it worked

• humm it must be a earlier version doesnt tell who is around area or info ya actually need it is nice tho. is there a version that tells whats around you without looking?

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited May 2015
    Deserve said:
    humm it must be a earlier version doesnt tell who is around area or info ya actually need it is nice tho. is there a version that tells whats around you without looking?

that's not possible. That specific table that tells you what's around you is a gmcp event that's only updated by looking/moving, someone else moving - or a hidden person doing an action
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• humm could have sworn i seen a SS of a gui that showed items in room,players and mobs.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Deserve said:
    humm could have sworn i seen a SS of a gui that showed items in room,players and mobs.
    yes, that's possible, but it'll only update if something moves in/out of the room, or you force the update by QL or LOOK
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."