Minecraft

Comments

• The server is up again at 72.83.228.190  while we wait for Jarrod to return from RL.
    My free mudlet scripts can be had HERE.
  • What do I have to download to try this thing?
  • You have to buy minecraft at minecraft.net. To play online, you just type the server ip into the multiplayer tab.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited August 2012
    It's $27 US now? I got it in beta, when it was half price or something. I think they have a demo though.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Katz, come join usssss.

• For any newcomers, there's a new Loom bar up at the spawn, as well as an NPC village. We've started building our houses a short jog from there though, at coordinates roughly 0 x, -500 z. Press F3 to see your current coordinates if you'd like to find us.
  • edited August 2012
    Alright, internet died yesterday around noon and I just got up on my laptop. I'm doing a full wipe of the server right now and resetting to default. Should give us a fresh map to work with. Internet is still down at the moment at my apartment, but I'm on a wireless connection without Minecraft to login and check. I'm setting up Sohl with an account on gameservers for future just-in-case situations.

Let me know if it's working and a new map! I'll be online for the next couple hours, then hopefully will be able to login this afternoon!

On another note, I can see a general number of players, but even the first day we had ~6 people online (and I don't think that was everyone, right?) at once, so if we're hitting server size upgrading is easy, just let me know. It might require wiping the map again, I'm not sure.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• For the new and the curious, this is a great resource to grab new avatar skins from - http://www.minecraftskins.com/

If you're looking for something a little different than the vanilla look, this is a great texture pack that is easy to install and that I used for ages.

And this is the one I use now. This requires a bit more set-up, but PM me if you need some help!

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• Alright sweet! Played for a few hours on it tonight! tons of fun...gonna take over my achaea time for awhile. FYI the mountain by the base at Z=-500 is hence now known as Mt. Aruka
  • I considered Minecraft.... but the 27 dollar price tag was a big "F- no".

That, and I can't even try the demo because Java 7 hates my guts.... no idea why. (nothing running java will work for me). So, I've no idea if dropped 27 bucks on it would be worth it. Meh.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited August 2012
    Minecraft works fine for me using java 6.

Edit: Also the server is back up, sorry for the downtime.
  • I think it's worth $27. But then most games I've gotten as much use out of cost more, unless they're steam sale type games. It's not my favourite game, but it's pretty fun, and a good one to play casually, or on and off, though you can get hardcore into it also. I will never fit in this last category, sadly my six year old can build redstone contraptions better than I can, because I've never tried. :P

• I've finally decided to dabble in a bit of minecraft and bah, I'm hooked. I'll give the server a go. I think my user is Ravenstar, I forgot :/ 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Don't get lost. I almost did twice today.
    Then I made a compass. Always have a compass.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Clouds also always move west, which helps navigating a lot.
    I never really pay attention to which direction I move in the beginning, so I can't even begin to guess which direction I was travelling. I'm pretty ADD when I play. I'm like "yeah, I'm gonna go mine some stuff." -walking- "Oh, a cow!" -killing- "wait, which way did I just come from? Oh well, I'll just walk this way now."
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Yeah, I can be like that too. Then it's an "Oh -, the Sun is starting to set! Where's my shelter? *panicpanicpanic*"

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    What? Minecraft. What is this madness.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Jonathin said:
    I never really pay attention to which direction I move in the beginning, so I can't even begin to guess which direction I was travelling. I'm pretty ADD when I play. I'm like "yeah, I'm gonna go mine some stuff." -walking- "Oh, a cow!" -killing- "wait, which way did I just come from? Oh well, I'll just walk this way now."
    Guilty of playing like this pretty much all the time :P

• Thought I'd show off a little - this is the third floor of the Inn I built, viewed with my current texture pack:

And the start of Kazu's epic new home (hope you don't mind me posting this!)

• Server is now running McMMO.

What texture pack is that?
  • @Jonathin She uses JohnSmith HD.

• Meh, don't really like Vanilla Minecraft. I prefer Tekkit, but I guess I'll try it out.

-Daeki
  • http://i.imgur.com/tN0Yk.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ICCM7.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/8Ma9P.png. Some things are unfinished, but these were all big jobs without using creative. Also EE can do only so much when you have a small inv. I have other projects, but I can't be arsed to finish them for viewing enjoyment.
  • Record time ban. BADOW! 
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited September 2012

Kamijyo said:
    Record time ban. BADOW! 
    Hahaha you pissed him off pretty fast. BANNED

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • is the server down? haven't been able to connect for a couple of days now
  • Yeah server's down at the moment, sorry meant to notify people sooner. It'll be back up tonight.