Weapon Engraving

The idea is fairly straightforward: allowing limited text to be engraved on a weapon. It would allow people to further personalize their weapon, giving it a name or something. I would add it as an ability to jewelry and it would serve as a secondary gold sink.  Thoughts? Any interest?

Comments

• AustereAustere Tennessee
    As long as it was only shown on probe and not in wield or attack lines, I think this would be a great addition.
  • Were they made unengravable with the forging changes? Engraving weapons and armour used to work fine.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I cannot test this since I haven't re-learned jewellery yet but they used to be engraveable. Its a shame if this ability was removed.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• I knew you could engrave blademaster swords with the jewelry ability, didn't realize it worked on other weapons and armour as well, that rocks :)
  • edited May 2015
    Oh, didn't know it was already a thing. Disregard then. Man it was an idea so good they already did it.
  • From Help Jewellery:

You may not engrave resetting items.

Which means... my now resetting armour and my sword cannot be engraved. Kind of saddening, but I won't really complain about it. But otherwise, yes, armour and weapons can be engraved as well 

meh

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    Why is engraving resetting items prohibited?
  • I've always assumed these kind of restrictions were due to a technical limitation with the way resetting works but I don't think they've ever really commented on it.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Trilliana said:
    From Help Jewellery:

You may not engrave resetting items.

Which means... my now resetting armour and my sword cannot be engraved. Kind of saddening, but I won't really complain about it. But otherwise, yes, armour and weapons can be engraved as well 

I have some artefacts engraved... mostly the wedding/engagement ring. Can't engrave SoA, don't know about anything else.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Forged from a crimson-tinged alloy of the finest steel and lead, this blade exhibits a slight curve
    along its length, accentuated by a shallow groove carved into the metal. The long tang is encased by
    a grip of cobalt leather in an intricate braided pattern. Rounding off the grip is a pyramidal
    pommel fashioned from emerald, affording perfect balance to this masterfully crafted weapon.
    At the base of the blade is a thin band of unknown metal that suffuses the sword with a soft icy
    glow.Engraved on it are the words:

May the Lord guide my blade.

It weighs about 5 pounds.
    It bears the distinctive mark of Atalkez.
    You may use the following commands with this weapon:

It will reset to you.

I actually took the band off when I had it done, and put it on afterwards. I would assume that even with the band on it, it would still allow it to be engraved.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.