All class BattleRage tracker [Mudlet]

A user-configurable GUI element is built which automatically updates battlerage abilities, dynamically displaying when your character has sufficient rage stored to use the ability, with an animated timer showing the cooldown. An event is raised when the ability is used, which can be scripted using an event handler (an example is included) for relaying to party, etc.

User configuration options include GUI size, position, colours

Rage abilities for all dragon colours and adventurer classes are included.

Clicking the GUI element corresponding to the rage ability will attempt to use the ability. There are no checks included for amount of rage, rage balance, etc, it is as if the commands have been manually entered. For extra convenience, hotkeys CTRL+1 to 5 also send the commands to the MUD.

Triggers are included for the following:
All dragon colours (except successful level 4 rages)
Bard (except successful level 4 rage)

Timings of rage effects are mostly guesses, please PM me with more accurate times if known.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Download the BattleRage_GUI.xml file and import into Mudlet using the package manager.
To use default configuration options, simply enter ragebuild to build the GUI.
To change configuration options, navigate to the script BattleRage/Battlerage config and update the values there. To save your updates, use ragesave. They will be automatically loaded next time you load your profile. To manually load your saved settings, use rageload.

Set the name of the person to benefit from ally rage abilities using rageally person, eg rageally klendathu. There is no check that it's a valid adventurer, so type carefully!

SUMMARY OF ALIASES:

rageally Sets the name of your ally for defensive rage abilities
ragebuild Builds the GUI
rageload Loads saved GUI settings (allows customisation to persist across updates)
ragesave Save GUI settings (allows customisation to persist across updates)

Thanks to Tharvis, Kard, Veldrin, Rohai and everyone who has helped me with triggers, etc.

If you would like to submit trigger lines for your class, or find any issues with the plug-in, please PM me.

Future developments:
- Rage balance tracking
- More class specific triggers
- More accurate timings for rage effects

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Updated to v0.2

Added Alchemist rage lines (thanks Sena)
    Added most Serpent rage lines (thanks Mageta)
    Added a couple more Denizen Lost Aff lines

Uninstall through package manager and install the new XML. If you have exported your custom settings using ragesave, they should be auto-imported into the new version.

One user on an Apple computer has reported issues with this and Svo. If there is anyone else using Svo on an Apple computer, I would appreciate feedback if possible.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Not sure if I messed it up or what, but the timer part isn't working. Available abilities turn green when I have the right amount of Rage built up, but when I use it, the timer doesn't start. It greys out if I no longer have enough Rage, but otherwise it stays green.
    Oh, that's entirely my fault! I forgot to note in the above that you require Demonnic's animated timers...

https://github.com/demonnic/animatedtimers

Sorry!

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    edited May 2015
    thaaaat explains a few things not working

Animated timers 3, I assume?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

Tharvis said:

Yep, just adding in a nag thing now to tell people that it's not detected. (Shoddy release, shoot the coder)

Klendathu said:
    Tharvis said:

Yep, just adding in a nag thing now to tell people that it's not detected. (Shoddy release, shoot the coder)
    but if I shoot the coder who am I throwing this mountain of LUA errors at!

Tharvis said:
    Klendathu said:
    Tharvis said:

but if I shoot the coder who am I throwing this mountain of LUA errors at!
    Starburst FTW

UPDATE!  Download
    • Sylvan lines added (thanks Ryvaine)
    • Infernal lines added (thanks Elazar)
    • Moved Corrode out of Monk and back to Dragon 4 where it should have been (thanks Kard)
    • Added in warning if Anitimer code not installed
    • Added in rage balance tracking - rageBal
    • Added events for rage balance loss / gain
    • Added trigger for green dragon inhibit loss
    • Added trigger for green dragon weakness loss
    • Updated affliction times for level 5 dragon abilities to 6 seconds

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Your string for Infernal (3) Spike uses "fire wyrm" as the target, instead of generic.

The string for Magi (4) Firefall is missing the word "rock" (assuming it is not a typo in-Realms).

Strings for Monk (2) and (3) are missing some spaces.

Monk (4) Mindblast doesn't have a unique ineffective-damage message? Also, I believe many of the increased-damage messages come in two forms, depending on which of the two afflictions you utilize (e.g., message mentions weakened if denizen is weak, mentions stunned if stunned).
    UPDATE to v0.4. Download
    • Added druid lines (thanks Kei)
    • Fixed trigger for Spike (infernal) to be generic, instead of only for fire wyrms
    • Fixed missing spaces in Scramble and Tornadokick (monk) triggers
    • Fixed missing word in Firefall (magi) trigger
    • Added affliction events to Magi triggers
    • Added affliction events to Monk triggers
    @Krypton Yes, there should be more lines for Mindblast, but I can only add those which I am supplied, feel free to PM them if you have them (or any others).

• I have animatedtimers-3.0 installed and v0.4. Not sure why I keep getting this - "ragebuild
    [Rage]: Anitimer not detected on your system - download from Github"

Do I need to do something with the animatedtimers-3.0 script?

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Exelethril ditto here not sure what I'm doing wrong
  • edited May 2015
    The script he has references 'anitimers' not 'demonnic.anitimers.'. You'll need to remove the 'demonnic.' from the entire antimatedtimers xml file (I used notepad+). Could also change the rage tracker xml to use demonnic.anitimers. Your preference.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Karai said:
    The script he has references 'anitimers' not 'demonnic.anitimers.'. You'll need to remove the 'demonnic.' from the entire antimatedtimers xml file (I used notepad+). Could also change the rage tracker xml to use demonnic.anitimers. Your preference.
    or uh.... anitimers = demonnic.anitimers
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Karai said:
    or uh.... anitimers = demonnic.anitimers
    I'll add this into the next release

UPDATE to v0.5 Download

• Added shaman lines (thanks Mosr)
    • Added rage1 to rage5 aliases to use battlerage abilities
    • fixed animated timers reference, will now use demonnic.anitimer, aliased to anitimer

LUA: ERROR running script Battlerage 1 (Key51) ERROR:[string "-- BATTLERAGE MAIN..."]:222: bad 
    argument #2 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)

still getting these when I try to use your keybindings, anybody else getting this in the debugger?

UPDATE to v0.6 Download
    • Added sensitivity line to Mindblast (monk) trigger
    • Added rageversion alias to display version
    • Fixed lua error when trying to use abilities with no clientside "target" variable (Tharvis' error in the post above)
    • Fixed issue with Apple OS adding numbers to exported settings file

UPDATE to v0.7 Download

Quite a big update this time, with some added functionality, including warnings when battlerage is going to fade, updated affliction timings, etc. Due to the new config options, if you have exported your settings, it is recommended to locate and delete the exported file, update them again in the Battlerage config script and re-export.
    • Fixed issue with [Rage] lines not being gagged
    • Added option to suppress denizen aff gain / loss - guibr_vars.showaffs
    • Added warnings 6, 3 and 1 second before rage fades, can be disabled using guibr_vars.fadewarn
    • Added variable to supress rage fade warnings (new option in guibr_vars table)
    • Added trigger for gold dragon aeon fading
    • Added Rage Balance indicator in BattleRage window, using events to update
    • Updated denizen affliction timings based on HELP BATTLERAGE
    • Fixed typo in Glaciate (blue dragon) trigger
    • Added triggers for fading black dragon afflictions
    • Added triggers for fading blue dragon afflictions
    • Added triggers for fading red dragon afflictions

• Do you have Paladin lines yet, @Klendathu? If not I'm happy to log in and get them for you. I need to think about what I want to do with regards to a UI before I actually started using something like this though.

The Paladin lines are included, thanks for the offer though :)

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    This looks awesome. Perhaps I should start using Mudlet(?). Wish this was for the HTML5 client :/
    @Morkado I think(not sure, don't quote me on it) that the html5 client will be adjusted soon(tm) to incorporate battlerage

• Having tons of trouble with this. The -- anitimer-- variable keeps getting unloaded when I change settings, and manually setting it equal to --demonnic.anitimer-- doesn't fix anything - I still get the "not detected" error.

The GUI keeps getting moved over to the right side of the screen, even though I'm setting x values below 100. Moving it up to 500 puts it at x=500, but... I don't want it there, I want it leftwards.

Always always always namespace your code.

Would be nice if the settings were fully compatible with Geyser's standards, such as using "20%" for width and putting the pane inside a container. The latter you may have implemented with the GuiContainer variable but... I don't know, its just a random ass variable that's only used in one check.
  • edited May 2015
    Jacen said:
    Having tons of trouble with this. The -- anitimer-- variable keeps getting unloaded when I change settings, and manually setting it equal to --demonnic.anitimer-- doesn't fix anything - I still get the "not detected" error.

The GUI keeps getting moved over to the right side of the screen, even though I'm setting x values below 100. Moving it up to 500 puts it at x=500, but... I don't want it there, I want it leftwards.

Would be nice if the settings were fully compatible with Geyser's standards, such as using "20%" for width and putting the pane inside a container. The latter you may have implemented with the GuiContainer variable but... I don't know, its just a random ass variable that's only used in one check.
    I get the "not detected" error too. It's freeware though, so bound to have a few errors initially :)

No rush @Klendathu

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited May 2015
    The anitimer check needs to be changed to 
    if not anitimer then
    if demonnic.anitimer then
    anitimer = demonnic.anitimer
    else
    rageNoAnitimer()
    end
    end
    to avoid the problems @Exelethril and I are having

ETA: Ugh the code formatting absolutely sucks on these forums.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Jacen said:
    Having tons of trouble with this. The -- anitimer-- variable keeps getting unloaded when I change settings, and manually setting it equal to --demonnic.anitimer-- doesn't fix anything - I still get the "not detected" error.

I get the "not detected" error too. It's freeware though, so bound to have a few errors initially :)

No rush @Klendathu

Freeware is such a pain to do.  Seriously hope you get plenty of donations,  @Klendathu
  • I am miserable at making the x/y position vars work for me. I have the Yatco and my own miniconsole on the left side and was trying to smoosh it between the two but the experiment ended in tears and a reset of my last saved profile :surprised: 
  • I've done a couple more fixes (width being subtracted from xPos for some reason, and the settings contents getting dumped to the global namespace, overriding Mudlet's fg() and bg() functions. I'll write up how they're fixed when I get back from supper.
  • @Jacen : What does your code actually do? It seems similar to what @Klendathu already has : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/115f0f78

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]