Help with monk bashing spam

I've been trying to figure out how to code this for a long time now and the complexity of it just surpasses my coding experience.

Monk bashing is crazy spammy, especially with criticals and rage now. Here is an example of ONE combo with crits. That is 10 lines long not including the prompt. Add in the occasional "X jumps to the defense of X" or "Tears stream down the face of X as you blah blah blah" or the verbal reactions some denizens have to being attacked and a whole screen of text goes by in 1-2 attacks. 

You pump out at a shaggy buffalo with a powerful side kick.
You connect!
You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
[Rage]: +4.7. Total: 4.7
You launch a powerful uppercut at a shaggy buffalo.
You connect!
You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
You launch a powerful uppercut at a shaggy buffalo.
You connect!
You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
5123h, 4767m, 24015e, 18600w, 8R cekdb-

Here is what I would like to turn that into:

You unleash a flurry of attacks at a shaggy buffalo. [Rage]: 4.7
CRUSHING | CRITICAL | CRUSHING

The second line would display the criticals in the order that they happened, so if I only got a critical on the first punch it would look like x | CRITICAL | x

Here are some of the things I'm having difficulty with:
- I can't just move the cursor around and delete the line before the critical because I critical on rage abilities also
- When denizens have a reaction to an attack it would throw off the trigger because the react in the MIDDLE of the combo instead of at the end.
- I don't want to just delete the "You connect!" line because I want to see that line during PvP. I've thought of having a toggle for bashing/pvp so that is an option for this.
- I want to somehow be aware when a kick/punch doesn't go through because of a broken limb or I have something wielded, so I have to be careful with using the moveCursor() stuff so that I'm not gagging lines that I wasn't intending to gag.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    important question would be : do you want the line to be condensed like that in PVP aswell?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I haven't figured out whether that is something I would want or not. I like being able to see which hit the limb breaks on and which hits connect/miss/are parried, so that complicates things even more. I figure starting with bashing is a good place to start and then once I figure out how I would like it displayed for combat would be my next step. I've considered setting it to be toggleable so I can turn it on and off to switch between PvP and bashing. 
  • You could config off the rage gain message so that you just see your current rage in your prompt btw.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    you could, technically, code an IF in the trigger so that it only condenses the line if the target is (a denizen)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    So monks only gain rage on their kick? Interesting...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited May 2015
    Damn missed the edit window...

Anyhow, some rough thoughts on how to accomplish the request in the OP:

Have triggers for each possible kick and punch, with substitution lines, eg
    ^You pump out at (.+) with a powerful side kick\.$

deleteLine()
    echo("\nSDK ")

You connect!
    deleteLine()
    ^(?:You have|(\w+) has) scored (?:a|an) (.+) hit\!+?$
    deleteLine()
    echo(tostring(matches[2]:gsub(" CRITICAL","")))
    [Rage]: +4.7. Total: 4.7
    config option

^You launch a powerful uppercut at (.+)\.$
    deleteLine()
    echo("UCP ")

So your original spam should be reduced to
    SDK CRUSHING UCP CRITICAL UCP CRUSHING

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2015
    http://puu.sh/iwhTo.xml - right click/save link as, import that see if it suits what you want. If not I can rework it to suit what you want.
    edit; added in line to get rid of any of that crazy "say" or reaction spam some denizens do when you combo as a monk
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • whoops totally forgot the fact that sometimes denizens die. Can't edit anymore, this link will account for slaying the denizen as well.
    http://puu.sh/iwiM3.xml

-
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."