Battlerage GUI and Tips

myRage = tonumber(string.match(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats[2],"%d+"))

Used that to make some clickable timers that light up when you have enough shin to use them.

Interested in what else people have come up with for rage

Comments

• I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some example scripts for those timer bars, pretty please?
  • edited May 2015
    Naverre said:
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some example scripts for those timer bars, pretty please?
    Sure. It's all based off the antitimer used on the harmics timer Ive seen floating around forums. I was thinking of making a package people could use but it uses triggers/rage skill cost/skill cooldown which would be unique for each class.

• True, but it could be edited easily I think?

• Siduri said:
    True, but it could be edited easily I think?
    I think so. But not everyone edits things easily =)

I'll put something together when I'm not dying to undead here
  • Zulah said:
    Naverre said:
    I don't suppose you'd be willing to share some example scripts for those timer bars, pretty please?
    Sure. It's all based off the antitimer used on the harmics timer Ive seen floating around forums. I was thinking of making a package people could use but it uses triggers/rage skill cost/skill cooldown which would be unique for each class.

I just found it, I'll play around with it. Thanks!
  • Is each battlerage ability on its own separate cooldown or do you have a 'rageBalance'?
  • Separate cooldowns. You can in theory do all five at once!
  • Can you package it and share? I'd like something like this, too.

• https://github.com/demonnic/animatedtimers

There will be an example alias with four different timer types.
    You can grab one of those and attach it to a trigger which will fire a timer.
    You just need to adjust the name, timer, color, and size if you want. 

Very easy to edit. 

:o 
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!
  • Yae said:
    https://github.com/demonnic/animatedtimers

There will be an example alias with four different timer types.
    You can grab one of those and attach it to a trigger which will fire a timer.
    You just need to adjust the name, timer, color, and size if you want. 

Very easy to edit. 

:o 
    Seems like it is, but I don't get what I should write as a 'constructor'?

• @Siduri Something like this:
    {x = 0, y = 0, height = 20, width = 150}
    retired
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Zulah said:

I have a script which will parse the rage value out of the table, in case the order changes in the future (it did for Voice, was 3 and now 4 due to the addition of Rage).

myRage = function()
    local rage = 0
    for k, v in pairs(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats) do
    if string.starts(v, "Rage") then
    rage = tonumber(string.match(v,"%d+"))
    end
    end
    return rage
    end

It loops through the table until it finds the entry starting Rage, then pulls the value.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I've tried this, but it apparently does not want to work:

demonnic.anitimer:new(thrash, {x=bRage_xPos+5, y=bRage_yPos+5, height=20, width=bRage_w-10}, 16, true)

• Siduri said:
    I've tried this, but it apparently does not want to work:

demonnic.anitimer:new(thrash, {x=bRage_xPos+5, y=bRage_yPos+5, height=20, width=bRage_w-10}, 16, true)
    thrash should be a string, here you have it as a variable. If thrash isn't initialized to something, it'll be a nil value. Put it in strings (and maybe call it something better, like "thrash_anitimer").
  • Hrm, I want to make it so my labels turn a certain colour when they can be used. I want it transparent and -under- the timer. This does not work, though, any idea?

local rageReady=[[

border-width: 2px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: white;

border-radius: 12px;

background-color: "179,102,255,150";

]]

• background-color: rgba(179, 102, 255, 150);
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    I'm slow.... Could someone help me create a anitimer window, and send rage info too it? Just need the window up (which I've failed at doing), and a working rage timer which I can duplicate for other cooldowns.

Willing to pay for your time in credits.

I'm working on an all class rage gui which I'll be giving away for free. If you want to contribute, PM me the trigger lines for your class and I'll add them in

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Zulah said:

I have a script which will parse the rage value out of the table, in case the order changes in the future (it did for Voice, was 3 and now 4 due to the addition of Rage).

myRage = function()
    local rage = 0
    end
    end
    return rage
    end

It loops through the table until it finds the entry starting Rage, then pulls the value.

Just so you know... Can shorten this to

myRage = function()
          local rage = 0
          rage = tonumber(string.match(gmcp.Char.Vitals.charstats[2], "Rage: (%d+)"))
          return rage
    end

Cynlael said:
    Klendathu said:
    Zulah said:

myRage = function()
    local rage = 0
    end
    end
    return rage
    end

myRage = function()
          local rage = 0
          return rage
    end
    This I did know, if anything is added earlier in the charstats table, your script will broken. An example of this is bards - voice balance was on 3, now on 4 due to addition of rage. Futureproofing4thawin

• Klendathu said:
    Cynlael said:
    Klendathu said:
    Zulah said:

myRage = function()
    local rage = 0
    end
    end
    return rage
    end

myRage = function()
          local rage = 0
          return rage
    end
    This I did know, if anything is added earlier in the charstats table, your script will broken. An example of this is bards - voice balance was on 3, now on 4 due to addition of rage. Futureproofing4thawin
    Same with shin. My shin tracker turned into a rage tracker automatically when they added rage in because of the shift.