D&D interest?

2»

Comments

• Well, those rule me out. Thanks anyway.
  • edited April 2015
    @Tahquil
    @Dortheron
    @Khaibit
    @Trance

Let's plan to start tonight/this morning/whatever it is for you. 11ish hours from now.

We'll get together and finish up all the characters and start playing. Don't think there will be too long of actual gameplay for session 1, so we'll have some extra time for everyone to get ready.

If we can't get it going, we will do it the subsequent day. Would like to start today though.

• Wish I could.
  • After some microphone issues and hand holding through character creation session one successfully completed!

So much fun was had. Rave @Santar for DM this and his patience with us (read: newb me)..
    I feel like we should post summaries of our sessions or somthing...
  • Tahquil said:
    I feel like we should post summaries of our sessions or somthing...
    You'd better!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I shot a guy between the eyes and climbed trees!
  • Tahquil is a fat lizard, Dortheron is racist against half elves and dwarves, Jeff hates goblins, Khaibit can't see goblins for the trees. 

• Not literally weight fat! Just will eat anything and everything and go looking for more. All that energy needs fuel you know...
  • edited April 2015
    I was actually running a campaign on roll20, but people there are notorious for being flakey.  After the 8th-10th(?) session I had enough of it.  I would actualy like to bring themes from d&d to achaea like little minigames we could create within houses, but they'd have to be sort of unofficial because I could not create minions.  Maybe we could use denizens for a themed dungeon crawl or somthing.  I am PST (GMT -8) and often available.  I am not looking to dm though sorry unless maybe as a co-DM.  Hopefully you guys are still going forward with this.  My favorite classes to play are druids and I really enjoyed pathfinder, but I am open as to what system is used.

I think I may still have a myth weavers sheet for a female human druid up somewhere but it is for pathfinder and 25 point buy so probably needs to be adjusted.  Anyway, I am not a noob and I can help remind you of stuff if you forget without being a rules lawyer (I know it sucks to have someone contradicting you every combat as a GM).  PS I am interested in roleplay and will make decisions that might be unusual because I know that it sometimes how you get the most out of modules!
  • Khaibit said:
    Tahquil is a fat lizard, Dortheron is racist against half elves and dwarves, Jeff hates goblins, Khaibit can't see goblins for the trees. 
     my character isn't racist...just not very trusting of other races. It also doesn't help that I can't hit anything in a fight.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • It's alright. I hit them for you. Tieflings unite!
  • edited April 2015
    Hey wait wait, woaaah.

My character totally doesn't hate goblins. He's completely indifferent to them!

*This* particular goblin was shooting crossbow bolts at his head, and refusing to cooperate with the citizens arrest that was totally legal and expected of me. I read him his Miranda rights and everything! Lawful Good, all the way! Nobody can prove otherwise!

Then he led me into three separate traps without warning on any of them. I warned him that goblins only get three strikes! Is it my fault that Goblins can't count all that well?

No Sir, it is not.
  • I enjoyed the philosophical debate on whether or not these goblin bandits were actually "Good", and merely fulfilling a Robin Hood style trope of robbing the greedy merchant supply route to give back to the poor.

I always enjoy advocating for my evil monsters as DM. I once convinced a party to sympathize with a horde of chaotic evil trolls.  And a group of malicious kelpies.

• @Santar if we get back to the cart and find all the oxen dead.. there will be a reckoning 

• Well damn would have enjoyed to actually join in on this!!
  • I told you lot we should have hidden the oxen away from the cart!!!!!!!
  • I might be willing to start a campaign, but it is a lot of work so please please please be on time every session and don't fight too much amongst yourselves.  It is a lot of work dming and I like to minimize the paperwork.  It would be for 4 people ideally 1 caster, 1 fighter, 1 healer, and 1 sneaky type.  Probably pathfinder.  I am open to the campaign.  Probably start off with a module and then go into a full blown campaign if people have the endurance for it.
  • WeiWei Monterey, California
    If anyone ever starts a text-only game... I am so down for that.
  • I'm down if this is still going, and you're not toooo far ahead in levels. Like if you guys are only level 2 or 3 I'd like t join.
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and Austria
    Comitis said:
    I'm down if this is still going, and you're not toooo far ahead in levels. Like if you guys are only level 2 or 3 I'd like t join.

Same here, though it sounds like you might have enough players by now. Let me know.

Sounds like someone should start another game!

I'm down for non-D&D stuff, too. Such as Dungeon World, or Apocalypse World, or even things without 'World' in the title!
  • I'm always keen for a game if it suits my timezone.

I can play whatever.
  • All my books are 1st ed. and I've only played a few sessions since 2nd ed., but I'd be down for picking it back up again if you still need players.
    Fetch water,
    Carry the Moon
    -Cogitations and Ponderations of Disciple Vanceroth, Student of the Trine
  • I'm still down to play. First timer though and would prefer text/email over Skype
  • Text > email. Roll20 is good for that.

Need some people willing to GM stand up and share what times are good for games!
    I'm trying to GM a local game of Apocalypse World, but... I only know like, two people, locally. Makes it difficult.