Elder Dragon Movement Messages

2»

Comments

• Tecton said:
    With an application like that, man.. you don't even need to apply. I've PM'ed you through the login details for the Tecton account. 

Congratulations, you win Achaea.
    *** You have new messages ***

:D

+-Unread Message Summary------------------------------------------------------+
    |   MSG#      From        Date      Summary                                   |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |     179*       Vrass   1/12/9:04  What stops displace?                      |
    |     180*      Achaea  1/12/10:32  Your customisation request #12 has been a |
    |     181*      Achaea  1/12/14:39  A stubborn mule of Moghedu, your loyal co |
    |     182*      Achaea  1/12/15:47  Staff#15121 has been destroyed and your c |
    |     183*      Achaea  1/12/15:47  Staff#473759 has been destroyed and your  |
    |     184*      Achaea  1/12/15:48  A canvas backpack has decayed to dust ins |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Message #180        Sent by Achaea
    1/12/10:32 Your customisation request #12 has been approved. When you are ready, 
    type CUSTOMISE COMPLETE 12 to finalise your customisation.
    Message #183        Sent by Achaea
    1/12/15:47 Staff#473759 has been destroyed and your customisation request for it 
    has been purged.

D:

Why do you build me up? Buttercup, @Tecton, just to let me down, and mess me around.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Any word on this?

• If I cared about dragon stuff, I'd care about this.  The entrances are mildly bad, but far worse for someone who doesn't fit the cheesy idea of dragon that some of the first five to elder have.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Weren't we meant to get a new QL desc too as part of the Elder Dragon thing?
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    Necro bumping this because I don't feel like making a new thread, and cannot for the life of me find the bloody list of movement messages in game to choose from. Help? Why is this still not displayed somewhere?

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Katzchen TALISMAN SELECT DRAGON MOVEMENT
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

@Tharvis that's just to select it. There was one to actually display the options, but it's... bizarrely not listed anywhere, or at least anywhere that I can find.

Wait what the hell. I swear I already tried that... so it works now. I guess I tried elderdragon because nothing else recognises 'dragon' as the set name.

• Does anybody know who chose which message? @Penwize had #2 based on this topic, but I don't have any idea about the others.

Would be interested in knowing how many people use each one. I use #3, because I like the shifting aspect (all that low-level reality warping dragons seem to do), and #2 as well* because of the "rippling air" part (I assume it's sort of like a mirage or heat shimmer?). Those two seem to be quite popular, and I've seen a few of #1 around as well. Almost none for #4, though.

* Only reason I don't use it more often is the wings-wide-open part. I can suspend some disbelief for dragons squeezing into very tight spaces, but not all my disbelief. They're about twelve feet tall and much more in length - it's got to be what, a 24+ ft. wingspan?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Does anybody know who chose which message? @Penwize had #2 based on this topic, but I don't have any idea about the others.

Would be interested in knowing how many people use each one. I use #3, because I like the shifting aspect (all that low-level reality warping dragons seem to do), and #2 as well* because of the "rippling air" part (I assume it's sort of like a mirage or heat shimmer?). Those two seem to be quite popular, and I've seen a few of #1 around as well. Almost none for #4, though.

* Only reason I don't use it more often is the wings-wide-open part. I can suspend some disbelief for dragons squeezing into very tight spaces, but not all my disbelief. They're about twelve feet tall and much more in length - it's got to be what, a 24+ ft. wingspan?
    I swap between 3 and 4 from time to time

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Eh I forgot... I used to know them all.

(1):
          Enter: Light shines prismatically from the outstretched wings of the elder dragon Kayeil, who glides in from the $dir before landing with a ground-shaking thump.
          Exit: Launching him/herself $dir with $his/her powerful hindquarters, the elder dragon Kayeil unfurls his/her enormous wings and glides effortlessly to the $dir.

^^ Seragorn's for sure, though.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I think being able to chose a message at whim would be neat. Maybe something like STOMP <dir> or GLIDE <dir>, so the dragon could determine when appropriate to enter with some subtlety  or with some flare.

Alaskar said:
    I think being able to chose a message at whim would be neat. Maybe something like STOMP <dir> or GLIDE <dir>, so the dragon could determine when appropriate to enter with some subtlety  or with some flare.
    you can, at a 9second equilibrium time cost

• lol, not quite the same, I think. Some of the messages seem excessive, to me at least. Gliding everywhere and making the ground thump? Even indoors or on ship?

I think the equilibrium cost on changing was put in to make it feel special, and to discourage people changing every other step "just because", to make them stick to a message that fits the character best

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I never bothered with the elder dragon movement messages because I was pretty fond of the dragon mood movement messages, which I still get by default. Not so much a fan of the scales thing but crackling off lightning while walking around makes me feel like an awesome ball of static.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."