Post-Skirmishing Combat Discussion

I saw that there was a Sentinel Combat discussion in here, but it pertains to the pre-Skirmishing era. 

As a Class, Sentinel seems to have a near limitless supply of dynamic skills with multiple kill methods (some of which just do enhanced damage), but those I've talked with about it have 2 main methods that don't seem very exciting at all-

1) break limbs with sensitivity and prone on 2nd leg break, spam skullbash for great damage
2) paralysis spam with the necessary petrify afflictions secondary, then petrify and extripate

So I'd like to know where all the fun kill methods are at- How do I pull off a freeze/pound? When do I get to Truss somebody? Is there a legitimate bleed strategy yet? What kind of locks can you pull off? 

(Before someone sends me to IG to find out- I am, when I'm in game. I'm not able to play right now, so I'm asking here)

Comments

• Ok.... I've been wrecking my brain trying to figure this stuff out- if anyone can help me out, please point me in the right direction.

• 3. Bleed them to death with lacerate, torso damage and badger enrage.
  • Sometimes skullbash won't be enough for a kill. Then you go for a rattle into the lovely truss based indtakill.
  • What is most enjoyable with sentinel is how you can easily swap between strats as you are fighting. As well as all the wwonderful team combat synergy they have with impatience, impalr, affs, limb damage, traps and so on.
  • Thank you, @Rangor. I will have to test that one out. 

How do I pull off a Petrify? It seems like I can't afflict fast enough to keep the afflictions stacked on them.

• Not quite sure myself. But guessing it involves breaking limbs to keep them off salve balance. Then afflicting slike/impatience to keep them for curing for a few seconds while you stack additional locking affs or petrify affs on it.
  • How many limbs do I have to break to make this work? Spamming badger/lacerate will only work on an opponent that stays still. 

I setup both legs, then I did badger/lacerate torso until the torso broke, butterfly/doublestrike right leg break, badger/doublestrike left leg break, skullbash x2 and it was only enough to get them to 35%.

Maybe if I replace my skullbashes with butterfly/ensnare and badger/rattle? But then the rattle won't last long enough to Truss.

Do I have to setup every limb to get a freaking kill?

• Ok... it seems like petrify is really cool.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Rangor said:
    3. Bleed them to death with lacerate, torso damage and badger enrage.
    How come Eleusis gets to kill you the cutest way possible? Dawwwww

• This is what goes through my head when I'm using that strat:

• Achilles said:
    Rangor said:
    3. Bleed them to death with lacerate, torso damage and badger enrage.
    How come Eleusis gets to kill you the cutest way possible? Dawwwww

It's a honey badger. You don't joke with a honey badger.