Show lessons left to ABILITY

I know we have show lessons left in <skill> to see how many lessons are left until trans.

What we need is show lessons left to <ability, skill>.

Someone on HNT just asked how many lessons to Posters in Inkmilling and we could only give an average guess.

Comments

• ZarlaZarla Somewhere deep within Mhaldor...
    edited May 2015
    @Aktillum
    I think we already have this feature.
    If you go AB <SKILL> <ABILITY> and look at the right hand top corner, it says:

"Known: No (# lessons required)"

Hope that's what you're looking for.

EDIT: added ping.

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Aktillum doesn't it show this anyway if you do AB INKMILLING POSTERS (if you don't have the ability yet)? Top right corner, says Known : Yes or Known : No (# lessons remaining)
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited May 2015
    Ah I didn't know that, it only works if you have the skill and none of us had Inkmilling (or were trans'd already) to give an exact number. And the person asking doesn't have Inkmilling, they were trying to decide if they want to take it as a miniskill. But yeah if its already there then delete this thread.

There's no cost taking up a tradeskill and forgetting it, right? Give them the advice to pick up the tradeskills, AB the abilities, and see how feasible getting the abilities they want is!

• I think it just changes to "Known: Yes" once you've reached the skill, which isn't useful for looking back and telling people these kinds of things. If that changed to "Known: Yes (# lessons)" then you'd be able to see how many lessons it took you to reach the ability, even once you've learnt it and/or reached Transcendent.

• MorkadoMorkado Seattle, WA
    I would like it if we could get similar functionality for miniskills, i.e. AB FITNESS shows the HELP FITNESS scroll with no indication of how many lessons are required to reach the next rank.
  • SybillaSybilla London
    I think you can ASK <tutor> FITNESS to see how many lessons to the next skill rank, @Morkado

The "Known: No (# lessons)" tends to be a bit off in my experience, usually by one lesson. (It will say the next skill is in 6 lessons but it's actually in 7 etc).
    That's mostly just a rounding error with how the game handles decimals

• Antonius said:

I think it just changes to "Known: Yes" once you've reached the skill, which isn't useful for looking back and telling people these kinds of things. If that changed to "Known: Yes (# lessons)" then you'd be able to see how many lessons it took you to reach the ability, even once you've learnt it and/or reached Transcendent.

yesYesYES

I completely support this idea. Kid Tested, Dortheron Approved
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Maybe it's something else that could be added to Innersight to make it even more useful to have?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Kyrra said:
    Maybe it's something else that could be added to Innersight to make it even more useful to have?
    ftfy
    Huh. Neat.