The Crucible

A crucible. MSRP- *300cr **400cr ***500cr

*Allows owner to smelt at 1/2 cost balance

**Allows owner to smelt at 2/3 cost normal balance and has the chance of getting extra commodities from the smelted item.

***Allows owner to smelt at 2/3 cost normal balance and has the chance of getting extra commodities from the smelted item.
Portable smelting cauldron that would allow the owner to drop it, fire it up, and smelt from just about anywhere.

Comments

• *350 **700 ***1000

Achaean style.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Just one artefact, but different prices depending on what it does.
    Mishgul said:
    I dislike that this thread has nothing to do with snooker being introduced to Achaea
    You shut your dirty mouth before I lynch you like a witch.
  • Mmmm, Winona Rider.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited November 2012
    http://canontexts2009.wikispaces.com/file/view/Crucible.jpg/66628679/Crucible.jpg

Edit: Bluh. Mobile forums doesn't make it easy to imbed a picture.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I played Judge Danforth in our high school production. It was awful.
  • We could make this a SoW item.
  • edited December 2012
    Time to inject a sensible comment into this thread. Smelting shouldn't be something you should pay for. Forging already has perks to apply (balance modifications, hammer). I would approve of this idea if there was a smelting pot in Thera's forge, and artefact ones were portable and gave the increased effects of the OP.

And at what point would it become financially viable instead of turning those credits to gold and buying steel? (500 credits - 3 million gold at 1cr/6000g). I also realise the convenience of @Peak's ten thousand dagger problem.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • If I could pay for an artefact that gave me full comms/full minus 10%(rounded up to whole commodities) back on smelt, even if it was 1000cr, I'd do it. Anything less function wise and I couldn't be arsed. The problem is weighting the benefit against the gold sink forging is supposed to be, which even at 1000cr would eventually become well worth the investment.

• edited December 2012
    True, forging is a major gold-sink, and anything that reduces the gold cost will raise the gold price of credits/reduce the supply of credits to those who don't buy directly from Achaea. I don't have any problem with it in principle, but need to consider to what extent the economy will be destabilized.
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Mishgul said:
    I dislike that this thread has nothing to do with snooker being introduced to Achaea
    I thought this was going to be a Wander's Inn thread. Meet at the Crucible, enjoy snooker while hushing and wearing headphones?
  • I thought it was about the book at first, to be honest.

• Nah, @Anaidiana, the movie.
  • @Peak, what do you think?

a grandmaster's crucible - 1000cr (+/-)

(Note: will function only for the owner!)
    This tool is a boon to blacksmiths everywhere, drastically reducing the waste of smelting. Like a blacksmith's hammer, this does not need to be wielded to function, merely be in your inventory. Smelting an item will return the commodities of a given item minus 10%, rounded up to whole commodities. You may never lose less than 1 commodity out of the deal, so sadly to all of our would-be knife throwers, daggers will still smelt down to zero commodities, because f- Peak.

• edited December 2012
    I never use my own obsidian these days. I don't particularly like it because it just means we'll get those rapier-only forging noobs (granted they'd have to trans forging) that sell what they make then transfer the credits to a dif character.

edit: and hell no to 1000cr
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Peak, it's Logosmas and the season of Kyrra-giving!
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited December 2012
    Peak said:

I never use my own obsidian these days. I don't particularly like it because it just means we'll get those rapier-only forging noobs (granted they'd have to trans forging) that sell what they make then transfer the credits to a dif character.

edit: and hell no to 1000cr
    Except for the fact that those credits earned in this manner are IC, and thus shrubbed if transferring them. Also, LOL. You know as well as I do how much effort it would take to make the 1000cr back versus just buying them outright on the other character. If someone's willing to do that, let em.

Edit: 1300 for trans forging. Double lol if they do it without a hammer.