Achaea "Vanilla" Minecraft Server

Hey! 

I enjoy Minecraft, but don't really have time to try and figure out all the crazy mod/installations required for the current Minecraft server we have going, or "Mineachaea" as it's been dubbed.

Would there be any interest if I started up just a simple, vanilla server for fun? 

I do enjoy mixing Achaea and Minecraft during the summer!

Comments

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    Sounds interesting

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • personally prefer vanilla to modded.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited May 2015
    I bought minecraft realms a few months back and it's severely underutilized. I can throw up perms to people who want to play on vanilla minecraft when I'm not free to play my own realm. Just leave me your username.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• I've been wanting to get back into Minecraft, myself, but couldn't for very similiar reasons.
    My username is MuteKat,
    tyvm 2 bill gates & the gamecube paint 4 my profile pic
  • edited May 2015
    If you guys do vanilla, Realms is the way to go. It doesn't require anything else and can be updated whenever you want. Holds 20 people for 13 bucks a month. The only downside is that you can't prevent creeper explosions and the like, if that's your kind of thing. Most of the other methods of server hosting are sitting at 1.7.10 or an incomplete 1.8.10. Honestly, 1.9 is going to be coming in the next 1-2 months, so realms is probably the best choice.

As for the difficulty with the modded server installation, I'd like to point out that we have moved to technic launcher. It's really very simple and only takes like 2-3 clicks to install or update after you've downloaded that. Just need to download the technic launcher and have the right java version to play. Poke Tharvis to get whitelisted on that.

Edit: I just looked, and realms for 6 months is only 62 bucks. You could gather the people here up and poll money to buy a package. Can also do 3 months at 35. Pooling is how we've always funded the modded server. You guys could also all play on Ruth's server and then just donate to her to extend or w/e.

• I'm really confused by this- I don't really play Minecraft seriously- I just kinda do my own thing in creative mode or start a game and die to lava repeatedly. 

Is what you guys talking about a Minecraft Server made to replicate Achaea? Or just a Minecraft server that Achaeans can play on?

• Minecraft server for Achaean to play on, but some people have attempted to recreate parts of Achaea before.

• Aww- I was hoping it'd be like a generated map of Sapience and we could go in and build the highways/Greatrock/Cities/landmarks/etc

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    nothing stopping you from recreating landmarks, might even be easier to do than vanilla with some of these spells in this modpack
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I would play both Kazus server and a 1.8 vanilla. Username is Rispok, duh.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Danny_Burry

• RuthRuth Singapore
    All who gave me their usernames here have been added. I've been keeping this up with a monthly subscription for the moment.

• I too would like an invite please. I don't really play a ton of modded anymore, since my laptop sounds like it will explode when I do. My new mc name is Vohras.

• Now we just need the server details!
  • It's a realms server, Rispok. Play on 1.8 and click the Realms button.

• Not sure if there is still room to add people, but Zoldine wants to play. She has had endless difficulty getting Kazu's mineacahea server to work despite our help. Her name is probably olgakz123
  • Ill work on something! For now, everyone play on Ruth's and I'll get something together... We can keep the same world, just transfer it over when I have something running
  • First time playing vanilla and it's pretty fun so far! Just have a cave near spawn until I can find some sheep.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    K, added those who asked. Sorry, was at work the whole day

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Rispok said:
    Not sure if there is still room to add people, but Zoldine wants to play. She has had endless difficulty getting Kazu's mineacahea server to work despite our help. Her name is probably olgakz123
    I can't add this as it doesn't allow me to;this is probably not her username

• @Ruth It's olgaz123

• Also, if people are really wanting a realms server other than Ruth's, you can use my paypal to donate and I'll order it. I'll just have to make a note and keep the amounts separate for the modded and vanilla servers. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

• I've reopened the four person server that I had sitting as backup. It's now hosting a 1.8 uhc mode. Basically, hard with no natural health regen. Azzad's joined me, but others are welcome too. Let me know if you want an invite. @Rispok

• Alright guys, MineAchaea Vanilla is a thing! Please see http://mineachaea.yolasite.com/

Donation button is on the website, just message me your IGN and I'll invite you. I invited Kazumonk, Danny_Burry, and Rispok so far! 

Enjoy! Look forward to crafting with ya'll
  • Not sure i'm going to log on honestly. Had just started my super-uhc thing with Azzad, but i'll think about it.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    I'm on Ruth's!

• Alright, @Ruth wasn't sure if she wanted her server for other things, so we could also upload the map from her server onto it to spare her the trouble
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    I don't mind anything, whichever is easier for people.

• Talked it over with Azzad. We'll join one of them, but which should we do? Are you going to copy the map from Ruth's server, @Zuko

• Yeah I'm happy to copy the map over! @Ruth if we go ahead with this plan, then just send me a mediafire or a dropbox url of the world and ill put it in there :D