Talisman Re-Rolls

2»

Comments

• How many cloaks were completed, @Tecton? Not that I'll regret playing the way I did with pieces, but it'll make your denial of my request sadder :(

By the way, to give everyone an idea of how many chances those pieces had to drop, my dollar total for the credit trades I was doing was $4026 USD.

• MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    I soiled myself a little because of that number.
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Trey said:

By the way, to give everyone an idea of how many chances those pieces had to drop, my dollar total for the credit trades I was doing was $4026 USD.
    Can we please have the lol button back?  I need it just for this post.  Maybe one of you kind divine can lol it for me. For reference, it is a very sad, lol.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I'm actually grateful that there's people like Trey prepared to drop serious dollar, it means the game can continue for all of us freeloaders.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Klendathu said:
    I'm actually grateful that there's people like Trey prepared to drop serious dollar, it means the game can continue for all of us freeloaders.
    You misunderstood.  It's sad he spent that much and still didn't get all the pieces.  I feel obligated to laugh,  because I am not a crier.
  • Melodie said:
    Yeah I'm reaaaallly glad I decided not to shell out for the bow. The disappointment right now would be extreme.
    On the other hand, if the person with said eyelet decided to sell, they can almost charge whatever they want for it.

Again, I'm glad I didn't really go in for this promotion.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited May 2015
    Austere said:
    Klendathu said:
    You misunderstood.  It's sad he spent that much and still didn't get all the pieces.  I feel obligated to laugh,  because I am not a crier.
    You both misunderstood. I was trading 700cr IC to people so they'd buy me 500cr on the website, so as to gamble with talisman pieces. I didn't actually spend anything of my own money. The point does remain that I got like, A cloak piece, A bowstring piece, and A quisalis dagger piece. Definitely not the best drops evar.

EDIT: For the love of god if I could drop $4k in a single month on Achaea I would be so well off financially. And would have bought/put a down payment on a Subaru BRZ instead. (For anyone who wins the lottery and loves me, please note Subaru BRZ Limited, Dark Grey Metallic, Manual Trans, with Speakers/Subwoofer, Wheels and Blue Light options. Thank you!)

• edited May 2015
    Tahquil said:
    Since this seems like the dominant talisman promo thread:

@Sarapis, @Tecton, @Makarios - Would it be possible at the end of the month we can see the spread of sets completed by talisman. (i.e. There are 4 bowstrings, 8 bloodcloaks, 5 million dummies etc in circulation) versus Sets that could be potentially made if all pieces were in one place (i.e. with pieces in circulation a total of 24 bowstrings, 12 bloodcloaks, holy fucktonnes of dummies etc could be made)?
    No offence Tecton but what you gave us wasn't really very informative at all in regards to what can still possibly be made and what was made. Reposting this for more informative statistics to be given please.

It's all well and good to say "Well you could have made at least one of everything" but you may want to give us a little more information on what the actuality of this promo was may repair and mitigate some of the bad tastes left in the mouths of players.
  • Could there be a market system for talismans, like the current system for the market for credits? This way its a anonymous system so there is no problems with affiliations and such, and people are able to price the talismans and buy the talismans that they see, and can tell what is available to buy for the different players who long on at different times. The biggest problems I see is that there are times when people who are not on, but have the piece I need, or they are other RP affiliations that won't let them sell to me.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Torrent said:
    Could there be a market system for talismans, like the current system for the market for credits? This way its a anonymous system so there is no problems with affiliations and such, and people are able to price the talismans and buy the talismans that they see, and can tell what is available to buy for the different players who long on at different times. The biggest problems I see is that there are times when people who are not on, but have the piece I need, or they are other RP affiliations that won't let them sell to me.
    I think I saw this idea before, @Tecton any word on this possibility?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited May 2015
    Tharvis said:
    Torrent said:
    Could there be a market system for talismans, like the current system for the market for credits? This way its a anonymous system so there is no problems with affiliations and such, and people are able to price the talismans and buy the talismans that they see, and can tell what is available to buy for the different players who long on at different times. The biggest problems I see is that there are times when people who are not on, but have the piece I need, or they are other RP affiliations that won't let them sell to me.
    I think I saw this idea before, @Tecton any word on this possibility?
    This might be an interesting idea.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Player auction house? Or maybe something like they have as the merchant in Meropis?
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Tahquil said:
    Player auction house? Or maybe something like they have as the merchant in Meropis?
    could do an auction house for talismans, to allow for "bidding". Not sure if that's doable with a denizen merchant
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."