You automated, bruh?

edited May 2015 in The Matsuhama Arena
In regards to offensive automation.

Comments

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    The only thing I really have set up is a timer that shows me how long is left in dehydrate/timeflux, a counter for ablaze stacks. All the rest is just aliases for.. queue add eqbal <thing>
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• I'm interested to see where people who fight on a regular basis fall on this.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • I automate fashion tracking, affliction tracking, and partially automate curses. I manual offensive vodun commands and some curses in certain situations.
  • edited May 2015
    Automating anything else would be a pain in the ass.
    Also: @Tecton @Artemis it doesn't count when your offense is 'Zap <X>'
  • I lied, I trigger a brokenstar fail message to impale. Weep

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Kendrick said:
    You sure?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited May 2015
    I am special so I will explain:

Dragon: I do track my targets current afflictions in order to decide which venom/illusion/curse to use for prep in dragon(at no point do I automatically bite).  I manually specify a limb every single attack.  All enmeshes, roars, blasts, and hammers are manual.  I manual my kill combinations in order to be more adaptive.  I do have a fancy vlock script that I wrote for dragon that I use against people I outclass, mainly because I personally feel you learn more from seeing afflictions at a steadier rate than the monotony of rend prep(I have truelocked very few people with it).  Serious fights,  I prep limbs, just because of how much stronger it is(Imo)

Magi: I do track my targets current afflictions, but this information is not utilized. At one point,  I had started writing retardation logic,  but found it unnecessarily complicates my momentum.  I manually select which limb to attack, while my golem attack is a variable I set before hand(there is a default depending on which limb).  It generally stays the same.  My kill combinations consist of a table of attacks that I manually load into a set of keys(think g1 - g7). Mainly,  I do it this way because of my inability to logically change golem attacks on the fly.  My kill combinations are very static at this point because of this. 

98% of this can be confirmed from downloading my tracking system.  The salve logic is not the best, so using it to any automated degree would be laughable.  Anyone that has fought me can attest that I hit rebounding, shield, and parry multiple times, fairly consistently,  before I notice what's happening and drop it or change the limb. I did utilize automatic curseward breach and full affliction selection as a shaman. I have coded and supplied the logic for multiple classes I, have never been, because when someone requests something,  they either pay for my time, or it gets added to the public system. 

With that said, my system was not designed to be utilized in a group pk fashion.  I have gone to great lengths to make this difficult(not impossible). My entire mudlet profile has been shared with four people thus far, none of which are capable of using it to the same degrees that I do. If I were fully automated, you would see a whole lot more mini-Austere's out there.  

Edit: Forgot to add, everything I automate,  I can manual via aliases (strictly because of retardation and aeon) I have coded in fail safes to lock up any affliction/illusion selection logic in both.
  • edited May 2015
    I guess I am kind of lying. I did just add a re-engage off of an isaz engage hit since you have to put it up within a 1s margin of error. Just easier that way.

I've never really been interested in being the best fighter, Achaea is more about the roleplay to me. To each his own. I fight with a ton of highlights for sure, but they are rarely triggered to do anything. With 2h, someone gave me a simple script that allows you to bypass any parry forever. Basically perceive before a hit, if they parry leftleg, hit rightleg, if they parry torso, hit head, etc etc. Fixes your incorrect button presses to an extent.

But I'm one of those stubborn purists that still believes if I messed up with the skills I am given, I deserve to hit the parry. Or whiff the shot, or whatever. Same when I was serpent. If I overlapped an affliction it was my fault. take it on the cheek and move on.

Also I'm a low-mid fighter. So my opinion doesn't really count for much.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Tecton said:
    Kendrick said:
    You sure?
    There's probably also a "move <player> to <killroom>" alias in there.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I would automate if I were any good at it
  • I automate deafness tracking (to switch from pesante to martellato, cause boo stunwhoring) and qasida on leg apply (when I hit leg break alias). I'm sure there are other small things I trigger here and there, but nothing that comes to mind immediately.

I have used aff tracking before - when I went jester briefly, I automated it all, hated it, and changed back to bard in three days.

I can't really play classes with really fast afflicting (shaman, jester) as well as those who automate them without also automating them, though, so I can see why people do. I just avoid those classes.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I don't automate any offense whatsoever, not even any kind of trackers. I have big highlights for a few things, but I don't think that counts. Probably one of the reasons I'm basically free-xp these days.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • It took me a rl year to come up with a way to fight fluidly as a blademaster. Starting out as a runewarden I had aliases to apply five apps of venom to each sword. So I came up with a way to set up strategies essentially for blademaster. One attack one affliction, but once every second made it rough to keep up my flow in combat, specially when they cure out of your prep and you need to start over... I basically came up with queueing my next strike and attack to go on balance. 

Automation to me would be hitting an alias and sitting back and watching it run. I have nothing knowhere near that, I hit an alias every balance sometimes two or three... switching attacks or stopping everything to gtfo. 

Anyone who has fought me can tell ye sometimes I am okay, sometimes I roll over and die... So my system does not make me a good fighter, my concentration on the fight, my sheer tenacity when it comes to the fight. I still suck in my opinion, bm limb damage tracking is ridiculous. There are easy ways to just guess and hope for the best, but thats for people who don't want to be great at what they do. 

So yeah stickin with special snowflake, because I love being able to feel confidant while fighting. Just took me learning how to script. Again though automation to me would be -- a1 -- sit and watch the fight. perhaps run..

• KelloniusKellonius Cape Girardeau, Missouri
    Mostly manual offensively. I have a scripted limb damage counter, and I automate rebounding and shield. When I was a blademaster, I made an affliction track specifically for blademaster affs, but that's it. It didn't change what afflictions came next or anything. That was manually done.
  • Timers to echo availability of my target's tree, delay showing hawthorn eating, and gag wasted cures.
  • Currently on "My offense has no triggers of any kind involved in it." but would move up a bracket if I had anything I wanted to make basic triggers for.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • I automate swing staff on leg break. I aff track in my head (not hard to do with a simple kelp stack).
  • I automate shield/rebounding tracking to ensure I avoid hitting shields as a two-handed runewarden. Other than that, I have aliases (rlp/llp for right leg precision/left leg precision) that dictate what limb and which battlefury to use. I only use curare, cause unless I'm about to devastate, everything else is usually useless and I like to waste bloodroot/magnesium from their rift I guess. :).
  • edited May 2015
    This poll should have been anonymous.
  • I'm surprised by the no triggers responses. People don't use echoes or highlights, even?
  • I'd exclude things such as:
    -echos
    -highlighting
    -toggling system commands
    - timed echos/etc(with no auto function)

Where I draw the line is when you have a trigger in your system that fires upon an event happening, and actually sends a command into Achaea to do something. That's where offensive automation 'begins' on this poll. If you don't do anything like that, then you can click "No triggers".

• TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Santar said:
    I'd exclude things such as:
    -echos
    -highlighting

Where I draw the line is when you have a trigger in your system that fires upon an event happening, and actually sends a command into Achaea to do something. That's where offensive automation 'begins' on this poll. If you don't do anything like that, then you can click "No triggers".

I can't change my answer :(
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• edited May 2015
    So far basic Serp aff tracking with manual decision making. Manual drag err thang.

I have a couple triggers to snap off certain things, but that is really it.
  • I've automated tracking of limb damage and shield/rebounding for years, though switching which limb I'm targetting and deciding if/when I actually raze (as opposed to waiting for them to attack) has always been done manually. Before I stopped playing I messed around with coding an affliction tracker, just as a fun coding project; the actual combat itself felt pretty boring, though, since all I did was hit one alias most of the time.

I've never triggered engage off of lunge, though probably should have done in the past. I used to just enter my alias manually after lunging so it was probably a bit slower than it could have been. Now that failing lunge due to the target being in the same room also puts you off balance I just send both commands together.
  • Santar said:
    I'd exclude things such as:
    -echos
    -highlighting

Fall under this category, then, if you say that. Used to automate a bunch, but I figured out how to do it better.

• I'm all keybinds, and aliases. But, I suck.
  • Looking over my offense again, I do trigger failed knee strike to hamstring and assess on impale. Suppose I'd bump myself a level of automatio.n

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • While yes, my offense -does- track rebounding and shield, it also -does- track impalable states and -can- automatically hijack my offense to impale. I never turn it on, but I -did- make a set of things for it. But disemboweling was a lot less complicated back when I made it. Oh sure, it was still as painfully awkward to pull off... just didn't need torso damage to do things *grumblemutter*

So yeah, rebound/shield tracking is really the extent of my offensive scripting. (Honestly, impale tracker is more for group combat than actual one on one combat... but I still never turn it on)
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • lol @ automate RP 
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    :|

You disgust me.